Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 501231 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1175 on: December 08, 2011, 01:44:48 PM »
Hmm, this is what I am talking about. I may pick up some of those games (depends on how many coins they cost).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: December 08, 2011, 02:26:10 PM »
Finally. something worth spending coins on.
Hopefully this becomes an option for Platinum Award for 2012 too

Gold - Calender or Free GB game download
Platinum - Mario Gloves (to go with the hat) or Free eShop Download (upto a $9.99 value)

and maybe they will allow us to convert coins into eShop credits while they are at it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1177 on: December 08, 2011, 02:49:02 PM »
The site is still down (at least for me when I checked 1 minute ago).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: December 08, 2011, 07:21:07 PM »
The site is still down, but someone on GameFAQs claims that the point values are as follows:

3D Classics: Xevious - 100 coins
Fluidity - 150 coins
Super Mario Kart - 100 coins

If this is true, then everyone should get Fluidity. It's a $12 game so that's a good value for it, and it's one of the best games on WiiWare. It's like if they took the exploration parts of Metroid, made the main character a puddle of water, and made a game out of it. If you like exploring and puzzle-solving, it's a great game.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 08, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
I already own Fluidity and Mario Kart, but I'll definitely pick up Xevious. Lucky for me they picked one of the few eShop games I don't already own.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 08, 2011, 07:51:12 PM »
Maybe I will actually bother to register my games now.

It's like if they took the exploration parts of Metroid, made the main character a puddle of water, and made a game out of it.

This explains my general disinterest with downloadable or indie titles.  Okay so you take a game mechanic from Metroid, which I love, and make the main character a... puddle?  Why would I want to play as a puddle?  It's just seems like too quirky of an idea.  For me a big part of videogames is acting out a fantasy.  Metroid gets it dead-on because being an intergalatic bounty hunter fighting space pirates is exactly the sort of thing I would fantasize about as a kid.  But a puddle?  No, I never in my life have thought "it would be so cool to be a puddle."  And right there the appeal is gone.  It's a creative idea but you can see the lack of marketability.

Of course if I can get it for free...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: December 08, 2011, 07:55:09 PM »
I think you'll like it, Ian. It's your kind of gameplay and while it uses motion controls, they're really tight. One of the best download titles of this generation.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 08, 2011, 08:01:23 PM »
I agree that the being a puddle thing is a bit odd. That's probably a reason why the game didn't get much publicity. However, the water is the base of the game's puzzles and mechanics, so it isn't just some random happenstance, it's a core part of the game. It wouldn't work if it were a character, even if said character had a squirt gun or something.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: December 08, 2011, 08:34:54 PM »
It's like if they took the exploration parts of Metroid, made the main character a puddle of water, and made a game out of it.

This explains my general disinterest with downloadable or indie titles.  Okay so you take a game mechanic from Metroid, which I love, and make the main character a... puddle?  Why would I want to play as a puddle?  It's just seems like too quirky of an idea.  For me a big part of videogames is acting out a fantasy.  Metroid gets it dead-on because being an intergalatic bounty hunter fighting space pirates is exactly the sort of thing I would fantasize about as a kid.  But a puddle?  No, I never in my life have thought "it would be so cool to be a puddle."  And right there the appeal is gone.  It's a creative idea but you can see the lack of marketability.

Of course if I can get it for free...

Ian, I believe that you unintentionally help to illustrate the brilliance of the game. I'll agree that marketing a game starring a puddle of water would be difficult (you seem to be living proof of that fact), but the amazing thing is that it works incredibly well within the design of the game. The developers have taken a relatively mundane thing and made controlling it, in my opinion, a hell of a lot of fun. With the main character a puddle of water, I can see why some might think it bland, but one could also say that the game is far more imaginative than any recent one released starring "X" soldier/stationary/space marine/etc. It makes me wonder what other boring, untapped objects might make for an entertaining game (if properly implemented, of course).

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1184 on: December 08, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »
For me a big part of videogames is acting out a fantasy.
I'm glad I'm not limited by that want. Gaming would be a much sadder place.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: December 08, 2011, 08:46:40 PM »
I think I'll pick up Super Mario Kart.  I have the N64 sequel already on VC, but I never did get the SNES version.

This is definitely a good sign for future Club Nintendo rewards, as it's stuff I would actually buy and the price is pretty decent.  My only concern is that I don't think there's much good they can put up from VC or WiiWare that I don't already own (for instance, I already own Fluidity).  Still, I prefer this over hoarding my coins.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 08, 2011, 09:02:32 PM »
Switching it up monthly is really cool. It'd be nice if you could outright buy points, but this is a nice solution.

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 08, 2011, 09:42:39 PM »
This explains my general disinterest with downloadable or indie titles.  Okay so you take a game mechanic from Metroid, which I love, and make the main character a... puddle?  Why would I want to play as a puddle?

So.. your concern is that they took the basic Metroid game play, and, instead of slapping Metroid onto it, they made it an entirely new franchise?

Hm.  First time I've heard a complaint that new franchises are bad...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 08, 2011, 10:09:39 PM »
This explains my general disinterest with downloadable or indie titles.  Okay so you take a game mechanic from Metroid, which I love, and make the main character a... puddle?  Why would I want to play as a puddle?

So.. your concern is that they took the basic Metroid game play, and, instead of slapping Metroid onto it, they made it an entirely new franchise?

Hm.  First time I've heard a complaint that new franchises are bad...

I think he's just saying that he doesn't want to play a Metroid-style game as a puddle of water. He'd rather play that type of game as something less...weird?

I liked what I played of Fluidity, though I'm not feeling any compulsion to go back and play any more of it.  I got about 1/4 of the way through the game and just lost interest, mainly because I got tired of having to do all the tilting to control the water.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1189 on: December 08, 2011, 11:41:41 PM »
Switching it up monthly is really cool. It'd be nice if you could outright buy points, but this is a nice solution.

Well, you can - and you get a free game with it. Then again, the price is a bit of a bear - $50 for 50 coins? Ninja, plz.  :P:
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 08, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »
I meant buy Nintendo Points/3DS credit with Club Nintendo coins, to be used on anything, as opposed to buying specific games.

J.P. Corbran

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 09, 2011, 12:09:45 AM »
Site's back up now, but I don't see the download games available in the reward section.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1192 on: December 09, 2011, 12:18:31 AM »
Site is still down for me.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 09, 2011, 02:48:20 AM »
I've been to the site, but I have yet to see this:

it seems to cheap to be legit though. But I an't complaining.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 09, 2011, 03:03:19 AM »
Paging UncleBob, more ClubN rewards spotted.

Quote from: NeoGAF

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:07:25 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 09, 2011, 09:12:42 AM »
You know I needed a graph paper book just like that for Chris Hardwicks book.  A little late for me though.
Also think its funny that Mario has no text.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 09, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »

Club Nintendo is back up for me. No sign of a coins-for-games reward, at least in Canada. Hoax? Internal test for Nintendo that accidentally went public too soon?

Maybe we'll see this happen, but don't hold your breath.
NNID: ejamer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 09, 2011, 09:28:05 AM »
*wants Skyward Sword posters*

:(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 09, 2011, 09:54:50 AM »

Edit:  Looks like you waon't be waiting that long.  From the Club Nintendo site, in the news column:

12-09-11  New rewards and games available for Coins coming soon. Please stay tuned!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:25:09 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: December 09, 2011, 12:28:46 PM »

Edit:  Looks like you waon't be waiting that long.  From the Club Nintendo site, in the news column:

12-09-11  New rewards and games available for Coins coming soon. Please stay tuned!

First I was all  ;D . Then I logged on, and became all  :'( . But now I'm  :) !