Author Topic: Cursed Mountain  (Read 55044 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Cursed Mountain
« on: July 30, 2008, 11:33:31 PM »
Wii is the place to be for next gen horror!  ;)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/895/895191p1.html

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:24:38 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Cursed Mountain
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:58:01 PM »
Well it sounds interesting I need some more info before I decide on it.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:01:12 AM »
Sounds like it wants to be Eternal Darkness, on a mountain.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:09:49 AM »

I'll take it!

I wonder if this will be more Conduit or more Sadness?
EDIT: added some concept art to the first post. "At the base of the mountain you will find a rare blue flower. Take it to the top of the mountain and you will find what you’re looking for."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:26:42 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 01:17:05 AM »
Looks interesting, it is kind of funny that Wii is turning into the survival horror system!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 05:26:51 AM »
Not that I mind, I love survival horror.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 12:33:25 PM »
How is the Wii turning into the survival horror system? The only game of the genre released thus far was Alone in the Dark, and I hear it's none too good. Outside of that, there are a few announced titles, such as Resident Evil 0: Wii Edition, Fatal Frame, and now this. I won't count Resident Evil 4 in that, as it's simply an action game. As much as I enjoy the genre, it doesn't seem to be very prevalent anywhere, and certainly not on the Wii... unless of course I've overlooked some titles, which is entirely possible.

Edit: I did just remembered Obscure: Aftermath. Multplayer co-op in a survival horror game does sound interesting...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:39:26 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »
Wii IS THE Survival Horror system this gen.

You can't exclude RE4, cuz surivival horror games are really just poor action games with horror things and brown graphics, and RE4 happens to excel in certain aspects.

Obscure: The Aftermath is definitely survival horror; played it entirely in co-op (can't imagine someone finishing the game in singles without a cheat device to compensate for horrible mechanics).  It was a fun pass-the-time co-op title, only in the sense that you're both surviving a horrible game.  It's the most annoyingly surprising game i've played this cycle, as there were 2 occasions I thought we'd beaten the game, but wasn't so.

It admirably tries to borrow gameplay from old RE, RE4, and Eternal Darkness, and fails.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 01:29:05 PM »
Wii is the survival horror console!  It doesn't even have Resident Evil 5 but that's okay!

Anyway the proposed controls sounds like waggle city which is a supremo turn off for me.  In fact the whole article has this vague ambition to it that 9 times out of 10 doesn't amount to anything.  Often the game either is never made or lacks so much of what the developer promised that it's a letdown.  Still worth keeping an eye on though.  If it actually results in something real I'll check out impressions and reviews of it.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 01:39:15 PM »
Do you even have RE4?

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 01:46:46 PM »
Wii is the survival horror console!  It doesn't even have Resident Evil 5 but that's okay!

No it's not. That'll never be okay.

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 03:08:19 PM »
How is the Wii turning into the survival horror system? The only game of the genre released thus far was Alone in the Dark, and I hear it's none too good. Outside of that, there are a few announced titles, such as Resident Evil 0: Wii Edition, Fatal Frame, and now this. I won't count Resident Evil 4 in that, as it's simply an action game. As much as I enjoy the genre, it doesn't seem to be very prevalent anywhere, and certainly not on the Wii... unless of course I've overlooked some titles, which is entirely possible.

Edit: I did just remembered Obscure: Aftermath. Multplayer co-op in a survival horror game does sound interesting...

Obscure, Bug Island, Fatal Frame IV, Alone in the Dark, RE0, RE4 (debatable)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 03:47:05 PM »
Now we just need Silent Hill Wii.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 03:48:51 PM »
I want that too. Damn it

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 04:21:48 PM »
If Nibris has taught me anything, it's that we should wait until we see some videos and not believe devs who only show off concept art.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 06:18:01 PM »

Have you seen the latest trailers to Resident Evil 5?  The game looks like Gears of War set in Africa now.  I mean hell, Chris doesn't even need to use a gun anymore, he can just rip the zombies heads of with his bare hands.

Of course I'm sure it'll still be a great game, but it looks like Capcom has thrown survival horror out the window in favor of turning the series into an all out Action game.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »

Have you seen the latest trailers to Resident Evil 5?  The game looks like Gears of War set in Africa now. 

That's a pretty apt analogy, sadly enough... =/

The concept is really interesting, so hopefully this pans out like The Conduit...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 10:20:43 PM »

I'll take it!

I wonder if this will be more Conduit or more Sadness?
EDIT: added some concept art to the first post. "At the base of the mountain you will find a rare blue flower. Take it to the top of the mountain and you will find what you’re looking for."

By Conduit i'm assuming you mean has a devoted team behind it that wants to polish the game to as close as perfect as possible and show that "hardcore" games do have a place on Wii's roster, correct?

And by Sadness you mean... you think it'll turn out to be vaporware?

lets all hope it'll turn out like the Conduit :)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 10:06:16 PM »
I found some more info on what the engine can do.
Information on Athena engine
It is nice to see developers following HVS lead.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 10:27:30 PM »
The problem is they came out to hype up their game without showing any concrete in-development materials.

HVS at least had an engine demo and some screens to show-off.  Cursed Mount won't be at a stage to garner real interest yet until they have a product to show.  For now they're basically talking-up the next Die Hard: Vendetta or Hybrid Heaven.

Look at MadWorld -- BAM -- they came out swingin' with a trailer to show off which triggered reports and impressions to share.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 10:31:39 PM »
that reminds me. Where the hell is Sadness?

at least any indication of whether its still "in the works"
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »
EasyCure I heard that Nibris is going to be at Leipzig. As well as Deep Silver. Is Leipzig this month?
Pro I agree that that should be the way it should be done. Great job on reaching 10,000 posts.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:58:47 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 11:56:00 PM »

Bug Island? Maybe I missed something, but I didn't realize it fit into the survival horror genre at all.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 01:59:48 AM »
More like comedy?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 02:04:06 AM »

Bug Island? Maybe I missed something, but I didn't realize it fit into the survival horror genre at all.

It is. Now it may not be a good survival horror game but it still is one.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/812/812718p1.html

Just one example of it being referenced as one.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:06:08 AM by GoldenPhoenix »