Author Topic: I loves me my 360  (Read 37239 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: I loves me my 360
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2008, 01:20:07 AM »
So to sum it up, Mashiro is the resident MS plant and Flames is the Sony plant?

Actually I try to be a equal non-biased gamer but Microsoft screwed me so many times on the customer service front and shitty unreliable hardware that they made me really bitter. Nintendo and Sony hardware has never failed me. But the 360 being my first Microsoft console left a sour note because my first 360 broke in 18 months which is unacceptable for a 400 dollar machine. The only thing that I like about the 360 is the software and the controller would of been really awesome if they didn't royally screw up the Dpad.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 01:22:31 AM by Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2008, 08:19:37 PM »
Apparently we don't have a Pacman CE thread on this board, so I'm going to hijack this thread.

I finally got to play Pacman CE this weekend.  I was instantly hooked.  However, never in my life have I hated the 360's D-pad more than while playing this game.  Almost every single time I died it was because the D-pad didn't respond the way I wanted it to.

Is there anything preventing the game from being brought over to WiiWare where I can play it with a non-useless controller?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2008, 08:21:01 PM »
Yes.  Contracts.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2008, 01:30:32 AM »
Interestingly MS is bringing out a new revision of the 360 control that has a better quality dpad apparently. How the original dpad was considered acceptable I don't know.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2008, 03:34:38 AM »
So to sum it up, Mashiro is the resident MS plant and Flames is the Sony plant?

Ooh! Ooh! What am I?!?

A Perrin Kaplan plant.

A Perrin Kaplant.

Ah. ha. ha. *cough*
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2008, 03:40:32 AM »
You all are naive. You should have known the staff were the plants all along.

I'm getting the weed whacker.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2008, 07:56:23 AM »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2008, 04:34:37 PM »
Regardless, Pac-Man CE is a 360 exclusive, along with Galaga Legions.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
Regardless, Pac-Man CE is a 360 exclusive, along with Galaga Legions.

Why?  It's not like Pac-Man is a new concept.  It's not like it's impossible (or even hard) to do on a non-HD system.  Did Microsoft fund and/or program the game?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2008, 04:59:21 PM »
Namco/Bandai developed them, but they like Ace Combat 6 they're 360-only.  Microsoft likely slipped them a couple million, otherwise all of those titles would at least be on Playstation Network.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2009, 08:53:08 PM »
I finally got this proper console but aside from racing games, almost every game sucks due to the controller. Pacman is unplayable and I can't believe there are so many FPS games for this analog stick, it's impossible to aim accurately, Far Cry Vengeance is better than bloody Far Cry 2, unbelievable. This really does feel like a huge step backwards from Wii. I still love it for Forza 2 and PGR4 though, amazing racing even if they do have crap presentation.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2009, 03:23:08 AM »
EDF2017 shows how a proper game design can make the analog stick problems disappear: Just make enemies huge!

What I hate more than dual analog FPS aim is dual analog shmup aim.

Anyway, any good games on the 360 worth picking up? When I look at store shelves the thing seems to be pretty low on interesting games.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2009, 03:26:07 AM »
damn Mario sounds like bitching to me, i love the 360 controller. I guess it fits the old forum slogan though.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2009, 07:07:22 PM »
It depends KDR, what kind of games do you like?  I can't imagine you liking anything that isn't on a Nintendo platform, based on your general comments on these boards.

Geometry Wars 2 is great.  You might want to check out Braid as well, although I still maintain that that game is an acquired taste.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »
It depends KDR, what kind of games do you like?  I can't imagine you liking anything that isn't on a Nintendo platform, based on your general comments on these boards.

Geometry Wars 2 is great.  You might want to check out Braid as well, although I still maintain that that game is an acquired taste.

Lindy he did say he hates twin stick shooters, for KDR I really recommend Castle Crashers.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2009, 04:41:15 AM »

Oh I do have like 40 games for the PS2. It just seems that "next gen" has exterminated any trace of the many genres that thing had (well, okay, traces remain but they tend to be of very low quality while game prices have of course gone up).

I already beat Braid, overall I found it overrated (the only difficult puzzles were when I didn't know about a game mechanic) but I suppose it's meant as a deconstruction of the 2D platformer (too bad it's come out at a time where many gamers don't even remember that genre anymore). I still maintain that Toki Tori was better because you knew exactly how the game would behave rather than having to guess. Anyway, this is getting off-topic.

Dual analog shmups don't work well IMO. Mouse or stylus aim, sure but pointing into a direction with the analog stick doesn't work very well (maybe because the analog stick exerts different force and friction depending on its position while mouse or stylus aim has the same forces and friction no matter where you aim).

I'm not sure about CC, I don't like beat 'em ups at all. My reaction speed is pretty slow and that doesn't work with close combat in games so I prefer ones with bullets that travel some time between shooting and hitting or missing (I also prefer higher damage systems because I hate the feeling of not damaging enemies much so I'd rather have one-shot-kills even if it means my character dies faster too). That applies to ALL genres, beat 'em ups just usually have almost zero ranged combat and tend to feel like there is no way to avoid getting hit (seriously, HOW? You move slow as molasses and can't block) so the only way to survive is to keep hitting enemies fast enough that they flinch and cannot attack. Well, the Cv games don't feel much like close combat because you retain your usual mobility while attacking, there are no combos and you can move fast enough to avoid enemy attacks. Er, sorry, off-topic again.

Anyway, it seems like modern shooters are becoming more like close combat with weapons hitting instantly and no real way to dodge, instead having to use cover and flanks (which would be equivalent to blocking and combos) along with tons of luck (because weapons are randomly inaccurate and the same approach can net you a flawless victory or death depending on how the dice or bullets fall).

In short, if you don't like Counterstrike or Madden the next-gen market has only low quality garbage to offer for you.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2009, 10:05:14 AM »
So Dell has 360 Pros for $236 dollars today only....

I'm very tempted, but I already have too many games to play...

DECISIONS DECISIONS!
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2009, 10:12:18 AM »
Don't worry about having too many games to play, the 360 won't add many to the pile :P

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2009, 11:11:18 AM »
Go on Pale, do it. Join the rest of us who have all three. You need to be able to join matches of Gears of War 2.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2009, 11:26:42 AM »
DO IT PALE!  DO IT!
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2009, 11:37:31 AM »
I can't say that wasting money on Live is the smartest decision if you already have a crapload to play...

Do you have a list of games that you want already?  If not, you might as well just wait until Summer when there is a calm spell...Actually, I'd just recommend doing that anyway...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »
My biggest reason would probably be the square and mistwalker RPGs.  I also have a strong desire to play Too Human so I can see if all the fuss is warranted.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2009, 12:56:06 PM »
Do you mean good fuss or bad fuss about Too Human? All I've heard is bad fuss (though I like the game).

But yes get a Xbox 360. NOW.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2009, 12:59:37 PM »
I mean bad fuss. I want to see what all the bad fuss is about. =P

Can someone talk to me about netflix streaming to the TV.  How many (if any) movies are in HD when you stream?  Do they look good or bad?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:01:54 PM by Pale »
---------------------

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2009, 01:15:59 PM »
My biggest reason would probably be the square and mistwalker RPGs.

A quick look at Game Rankings makes it seem like the leader in quality (for japanese RPGs) is Namco-Bandai with Tales of Vesperia (83%) and Eternal Sonata (79%), then comes Mistwalker (well, listed as Microsoft Game Studios, I think that's them) scoring 78% and 77% with Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. Square is way behind with Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery at 69% and 68%. It's funny how they all have two games on neighboring spots.

Either way, I'm not sure I'd consider these games to buy a system for but at least Sonata and Blue Dragon are fairly cheap (10€ and 30€ respectively).