Author Topic: Spore  (Read 10303 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Re: Spore
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 01:48:09 PM »
Your red lobster-like guy showed up at the bottom of my screen as I moved on to the next stage, so I'm assuming I'll see him eventually.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 08:49:42 PM »
I played for about an hour last night for the first time. After the initial "eat **** and grow" stage, the game evolved into a really lame MMO type of thing. I hope it gets better afterwards, because this stage absolutely sucks.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 08:57:41 PM »
First game I've ever pirated.  Thanks SecuROM!

I don't really like it so far.  The creature stage lasted way too long, and the tribal stage is too hard.  I hate RTS games.  I couldn't even play Pikmin.  I haven't gotten farther than Tribal, and I'm not sure if I will.

I can't believe I upgraded my OS to Leopard just for this game.  What a waste of a birthday gift.

Well it's pretty obvious you didn't bother to find out anything about this game before getting all excited about it, so I can't say you weren't asking to be disappointed.

Also, I spent all of a couple hours in creature stage max, and tribal is easy as hell. Suck less.

Wow.  That was unprovoked.  This isn't NeoGAF, you know.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 03:10:59 AM »
The last part, maybe. The first part was simple logic. I don't even know what NeoGAF is.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 12:17:33 PM »
The last part, maybe. The first part was simple logic. I don't even know what NeoGAF is.

I thought Spore was going to be more simulation than RTS, like The Sims or Viva PiƱata or something.

But more importantly, how do you not know what NeoGAF is?  I think you'd fit in perfectly with all the monomaniacal assholes there.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 10:59:49 PM »
I thought Spore was going to be more simulation than RTS, like The Sims or Viva PiƱata or something.

Which, again, proves that you didn't look into it at all before getting excited about it, thus setting yourself up for disappointment.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2009, 01:19:59 AM »
Spore has teh worst patching procedure (At least on Mac) that I have ever seen. This is filthy.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 07:59:05 AM »
Ok. So right now I'm not sure if It's crashed or I jsut went back tot eh desktop for whatever reason. I hope it hasn't crashed, I had only saved my creations, not my game.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 11:10:41 AM »
It didn't crash. That was just EA deactivating your copy through their totalitarian DRM schemes!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 11:14:20 AM »
Spore has teh worst patching procedure (At least on Mac) that I have ever seen. This is filthy.

I agree.  First time I had to patch it, it froze when it was nearly done.  I waited a while, then just force quit the program.  The next time I launched it, it seemed fine, but who knows if it messed anything up.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »
Yeah that first patch was dodgy as. Same happend to me.
Next time was less painful but it took FOREVER, longest installation of all time compared to what a small download it was. And then, after installing that patch it told me it had ANOTHER patch. I was all "what!"

Anyone hav the Creepy and Cute pack? I'm thinking about it but I might jsut get the Space expansion which should be out soon.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 10:35:41 PM »
I love spending almost as much again the price of a game within months of its release!
-Travis Touchdown

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2009, 08:29:32 AM »
Lol so now that mroe details about the space expansion have been revealed I'm thinking no. It's all about going on quests and ****, which while it sounds great like, this is Spore meets LittleBig Panet for easy user created gameplay, Spore is pretty clumsy as hell to play as an adventure game. I really don't know how they can make these expansions which are, let's face it, just going to be more not quite polished new gameplay when there is so much in the game that needs to be fixed first. Tribal and Civ stages are still absolutely awful and need overhauls.