Author Topic: The next games in the "Wii" series  (Read 10291 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: The next games in the "Wii" series
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 02:05:55 AM »
I know you're thinking of a cleaning simulator, but it actually got me thinking about a a cleaning "coach," which would be more suitable for the DS.
While that isn't a bad idea, I want all of the enjoyment of cleaning without the progress and satisfaction of real cleaning.
Hey...HEY!  It's not like you actually get the progress and satisfaction of marching through 8 worlds of Goomba-stomping and Bowser-crushing, right?  RIGHT?
Exactly. Games are supposed to be a waste of time. I don't want to learn anything from them or benefit from them in any way. I just wants me some entertainmentz! ;D

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 07:38:58 AM »
In commemoration of the "Everybody Votes Channel" I suggest that Nintendo create an "Everybody Poops Channel", which would be based on the book of the same name and would involve using the wii-mote and chuck to be moved in various ways to simulate the act of pooping, and it would feature the usual cast of characters from the Mario franchises, or even allow you to use your Miis.

Okay, I'm just joking here, but is it really any worse of an idea than that eating contest game on WiiWare? Lol
is your sanity...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 01:28:19 PM »
Hell, even the original Mario Paint displayed depth despite its limited tools and features. You could only save one song, one 4 to 6 frame piece of animation and one drawing. Yet, people figured a way out of this and created lenghty animated videos that were astounding. The creators of Homestar Runner did many of its early Homestar episodes on Mario Paint.

Mario Paint's storage restrictions were based on the limitations of the hardware at the time.  If the SNES had memory cards or a hard drive you can be damn certain that Mario Paint would have allowed you to save more than one of each item on it.  In fact in the manual they even suggested recording videos of your work with a VCR.

Nintendo didn't intentionally restrict Mario Paint's saving capabilities for marketing purposes.  They DID intentionally restrict Wii Music.  They intentionally restrict all the Wii series games.  That's why I think it's so hard for us to guess what they'll do next because we don't think like that.  We're all gamers who for years and years were used to a different game design philosophy.  So when we play armchair developer we use that philosophy and are all "wouldn't it be cool to do this?" and then that idea makes us think of another similar one and the whole thing gets fleshed out from there.  The Wii series is not designed like that so if we speculate like that we'll never come up with anything even close to reality.

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »
Wii Adventure : A basic fantasy adventure game. Plays like a simplified Zelda with a big emphasis on the controls and multiplayer. The game takes place in one town that's populated with your Miis. You go out on quests and fight with 1:1 sword controls. Throughout the game you'll acquire a handful of new weapons that use MotionPlus, like a boomerang. The whole game could be played cooperatively.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 05:42:58 PM »
Wii Adventure : A basic fantasy adventure game. Plays like a simplified Zelda with a big emphasis on the controls and multiplayer. The game takes place in one town that's populated with your Miis. You go out on quests and fight with 1:1 sword controls. Throughout the game you'll acquire a handful of new weapons that use MotionPlus, like a boomerang. The whole game could be played cooperatively.

This is godly.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 07:06:46 PM »

This might as well be the next Four Sword Adventure

Fixed
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 07:58:38 PM »
Oh no. I didn't really like Four Swords... T_T

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 08:00:34 PM »
Wii Adventure is a good enough idea that I wouldn't want Miis and such involved in it.  Miis are, well, not that interesting.  In a game like that I would want unique characters to interact with, not just caricatures of my friends and family.  Miis would be like a lazy cop-out.  No need to design something that would take effort when you can just throw Miis in there instead.

But again I'm just not the target demo here.  A simplified adventure?  To me it's like "What's the point?"  I want a grand adventure.  I'm not wowed when I see the Miis I created showing up in other games but I can see how a non-gamer might.

Miis do fit ideas where there is no need for characters.  When you're playing a song or sport you don't need a character.  It not only can just be you but it's almost more appropriate.  But anything with NPCs I think it would hurt the game.

I see a lot of ideas that suggest creativity and I think maybe Nintendo should make a new series specifically for that.  Like a Wii Creator sub-series which is more advanced than the Wii series.  Make a game to create your own music and your own rhythm game.  Make a create-a-platformer and a create-an-adventure.  With the remote that sort of stuff is ideal.  It's a more complex idea though and I think it would be targetted at core gamers and more advanced non-gamers willing to step up beyond the Wii series.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 08:51:22 PM »
Wii Injury

You basically try to make a Rube Goldberg of the worst situation your Mii can stumble upon and watch the misery ensue. Trade videos with your friends!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:52:54 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 09:48:12 PM »
Wii Injury

You basically try to make a Rube Goldberg of the worst situation your Mii can stumble upon and watch the misery ensue. Trade videos with your friends!

Sounds sorta like the "Dismount" line of games.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 10:37:49 PM »
I guess. I've never heard of those games.

EDIT:

Wii Director

Make original movies and or remakes on the Wii using Miis. You can program each Mii to move and gesture about the setting of your choosing. You can give them text or even record lines using Wii Speak. Design costumes and settings, expressions and gestures. When your done, trade them online with your friend or submit them to Nintendo for your chance to be feature on the official channel!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 10:44:42 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 08:50:43 AM »
Oh no. I didn't really like Four Swords... T_T

sigh
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 09:30:03 AM »
Wii Director

Make original movies and or remakes on the Wii using Miis. You can program each Mii to move and gesture about the setting of your choosing. You can give them text or even record lines using Wii Speak. Design costumes and settings, expressions and gestures. When your done, trade them online with your friend or submit them to Nintendo for your chance to be feature on the official channel!

Peter Molyneaux already made that. Didn't turn out too well.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 01:34:35 PM »
Wii Oui: My French Coach
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2009, 01:06:15 AM »
Is Nintendo ever going to release Wii Chess anywhere outside of Europe?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2009, 07:18:43 AM »
Judging by how many copies of that I saw in the clearance bins I'd guess no.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2009, 07:21:46 AM »
Is Nintendo ever going to release Wii Chess anywhere outside of Europe?

Maybe not. I don't think Americans are as fond of Chess as people in other countries.

But I would eally like to see is a Wii version of Clubhouse Games, and of course it would have Chess included with it. CHG was one of the absolute greatest DS games of all time (perhaps even THE greatest), so why it hasn't been brought over to the Wii is beyond me. Those games like darts and balancing the weights and all that stuff makes so much more sense with a Wiimote than a stylii.
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2009, 12:44:08 PM »
I thought Wii Chess was released as WiiWare in Japan and there was speculation that they might do the same in America.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2009, 04:44:47 PM »
Americans don't like chess?

How would you know?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2009, 07:11:28 AM »
I love playing Chess.Its been a while since I played. So I'm a little rusty.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.