Author Topic: New Miyamoto game to be shown at E3  (Read 8413 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
New Miyamoto game to be shown at E3
« on: February 12, 2003, 03:46:56 PM »
In an interview with Famitsu, Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that he will show a remarkable new title at E3 which takes advantage of the Cube/GBA link feature.

Source: Quiter / Game Front / Famitsu

Gamefront says its a new franchise! E3 is gonna be amazing, Zoonami game unvieling, Capcom announcements, Pikmin 2, Mario 128, Pokemon Cube, Mario Kart, tennis and golf etc. and now this! Miyamoto is a genious, he could do wonders with the GC/GBA connectivity feature. I cant wait to see what it is.

Offline AGENTDICKLAURENT

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 05:16:20 PM »
Just something like a 100 days until we know what it is .......

Offline LOUiE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 06:51:35 PM »
Yeah, it'll be here in no time at all.  Can't wait.  

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 07:02:12 PM »
i would really like to see something like was shown when they first introduced the connectivity, the one wear you tilted your gameboy advance to play that maze game, that sounded liek a lot of fun.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 08:41:35 PM »
Let me just tell you this.

If it's just an "unlock" ala Metroid...

Or if you have to have anything other than the game, GBA, GC, and Link Cable...

I will do something. I have no idea what yet. Maybe I'll kidnap him ala Penny Arcade.

Anyway, a new franchise sounds cool... But I wanted more than one. I still don't mind, though, as long as it's a proper, full-assed new franchise, not like Pikmin and Animal Crossing, but like Zelda, Mario, Pokemon and Metroid. Slim chance? Perhaps... but those games had to start somewhere.  
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2003, 09:25:50 PM »
Hopefully is like that connectivity E3 demo, were u buy a gba game and only 5% of the game is on the gba, and u use the programming on the gba but the levels are on the gc cd. which would make a massivly great game

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2003, 06:42:28 AM »
Well Nintendo pretty much calls all of their new titles "remarkable" so really the quality of this game could be anywhere.  Nobody says "I'm working on a mediocre game".

This will probably be a good title but I'm not going to get my hopes up for an amazing killer app.  Not that I don't think EAD can pull one off it's just I don't want to hype up a game I know nothing about and risk being disappointed.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2003, 08:11:52 AM »
but also, Miyamoto is VERY humble.  He has criticized his own games by admitting himself that Super Mario Sunshine wasn't a super game and that Pikmin was really short.  Him saying that this will be a great game should really mean something
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2003, 09:01:22 AM »
Well personlay I'm curious what this new franchise is.
It sure to be good cause no one can say that Pokemon or Zelda or Marioar bad games (just a matter of taste for some people).
Will it be a duo(or a hole kingdom :thumbsup? Will it be an adult one? A serious one? Mysterious?
And the most important :the sort of gameplay and how many games are nintendo planning to do?
The last coupleof years Miyamoto has been very enthousiastic and refreshing so this could be like any genre other game.

El Pollo Diablos ( the devil chicken).
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2003, 09:57:43 AM »
And the sad thing is, it's probably not gonna turn heads unless it's a mature game.

I wonder what the odds are the lead character is a female.

I wonder what the inspiration for THIS franchise is. I hope Miyamoto hasn't been anywhere near the kitchen lately. We've already seen the fruits of his trips to caves, bathrooms and gardens.

Nice nickname, by the way... unless it's not from Monkey Island, in which case, never mind.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2003, 10:06:49 AM »
You guys suck, you have no idea what this game is about at all, yet you already expect to suck any which way possible.
Come on, wheres all the blind hype

Its Myiamoto the greatest guy since Micheal Jackson
LZ 2005

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2003, 10:10:05 AM »
Michael Jackson is a guy?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2003, 10:39:28 AM »
"You guys suck, you have no idea what this game is about at all, yet you already expect to suck any which way possible."

I don't think anyone said it would suck.  I merely said I'm not going to hype myself up for a game I know virtually nothing about.

"Miyamoto is VERY humble. He has criticized his own games by admitting himself that Super Mario Sunshine wasn't a super game and that Pikmin was really short. Him saying that this will be a great game should really mean something"

He said all that AFTER those games were released.  He certainly wouldn't say anything negative about one of his games before it came out.  That would be just plain stupid.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2003, 10:53:30 AM »
Ian is right, Myamoto did say that he was happy with SMS and expected it to sell well before it launched.

Offline Resemvla_Syria

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2003, 10:59:33 AM »

It has to be a succesfull game in order to be a franchise.
My Games Collection

http://users.ign.com/collection/NicaJCA

En la ciudad sin limites

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2003, 11:50:48 AM »
it be great if the game he is making is kid icarus
i call the big one bitey.

Offline VideoGamerX

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2003, 03:41:35 PM »
Well of course Miyamoto said he expected Super Mario Sunshine to sell well. It's Mario, it always seems to sell well. It's not as if a comment he made wasn't true about Mario Sunshine. If he had said he expects it to sell out or do amazingly well, then you might say he wasn't humble. I don't recall reading anything from him that caused me to expected an all-time great Mario game. I had my doubts, but I always figured it'd turn out pretty good, which it did.

If Miyamoto says it's remarkable, expect something a little different from the norm. It may not be mainstream appealing, but it'll be creative. Innovation is Shigeru's strong point.

Offline telaris

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2003, 03:51:01 PM »
This game is obviously going to be above average. Nintendo hasn't come out with a bad game yet.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2003, 05:22:21 PM »
I second that, EVERY single Nintendo game i have played has been brilliant, they truly are the best games company in the world.

Offline nonjagged

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2003, 05:19:54 AM »
I know what Miyamoto will reveal to all the peseants of the world during E3.
While I was sifting through the trashcans (for some dinner) in the back-alley where Louie the Cat cruises, I noticed evidence left behind.

Miyamoto's new franchise is called Tsunami: The Megaton Tidal Wave and it involves a lot of collecting and encourages gamers to swap their data with friends. While your GCN is turned off your game is still living/evolving on the GBA and during the night when you sleep the game can turn your GBA on (with the aid of a special new technolgy chip and the GBA acts like an emergency secret agent PDA gadget) and alert you to distressing/breaking news which you must attend on your GCN.

Should you fall asleep without attending your GBA alert, your inventory may be ravaged by Louie the Cat who plays a guest roll in the game. This new franchise intends on having gamers play the franchise around the clock and pretty soon it will get banned in Japan due to lack of school attendance.
NDA's prevent me from disclosing any more information and could someone pass me some toilet paper please.

Cause Im talking shite.

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2003, 08:11:11 AM »
Yeah that's gonna be great !
Ure very very very tired and u wanna sleep becasue tomorrow u'll have ur exams.
As a gamer u wanna make the best of ure game so you keep ure GBA on.
Then u get woken up 5 times by the GBA and go crazy.
Next day u fail ure exams and the GBA/NGC are to blame , well actually Nintendo but........
Hypotheticly off course.

El Pollo Diablos. ( paladin my nick is frommonkey island  )
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2003, 12:18:12 PM »
All Nintendo games are remarkable, all Nintendo games rock. You could callme biased to Nintendo, but Id say I;m biasd to the truth.
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~