Author Topic: Cooking Mama Series Owner And Cookstar Publisher Issue Statements On New Game  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Calling this "creative differences" would be a gross understatement.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/53484/cooking-mama-series-owner-and-cookstar-publisher-issue-statements-on-new-game

The recently released (and pulled from the eShop) Cooking Mama: Cookstar has attracted statements from both the creator and owner of the Cooking Mama series and the publisher of Cookstar regarding the game's status.

Office Create, the Cooking Mama series owner, issued the first statement overnight on their website. In it, the company states that the game shipped without their approval and with "a wide range of deficiencies affecting the overall feel, quality and content of the game", which Planet Entertainment (Cookstar's publisher) was allegedly contractually obligated to submit for approval before releasing. Office Create also stated that Planet was planning an unapproved release on the PlayStation 4.

Planet Entertainment issued a statement on the Cookstar Twitter account in response, which states in part "Unfortunately, creative differences arose as Cooking Mama: Cookstar was near completion that were outside the scope of our agreement and the game design approved by Office Create".

Although Cookstar has yet to return to the eShop following its quick release and pulling on March 26, the game is still listed as being sold directly on the game's website for US $39.99 (as of press time, it is sold out). Nintendo World Report's review gave the game a 4.5.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Mama has gone rogue.

Imagine being concerned about the quality of Cooking Mama, as if the series has any reputation whatsoever.

As for releasing and shipping it without permission, are they crazy!?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
I finally played a Cooking Mama game a couple years ago. It was the first one for the DS. It was one of the most boring games I ever played. This Cookstar fiasco has to be the greatest thing that has ever happened in this series and the most fun it has ever been. I hope there's still one or two more twists in this saga to come because I don't want this wild ride to be over just yet.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
The Cooking Mama games may not be exciting, but they are well made. At least the ones Office Create did. The balls on Planet Entertainment to not only be willing to put out a game that they knew was ****, but to do so after being told they had no legal right to do so? How stupid is the management at Planet Entertainment? Any half decent lawyer is gonna kick their ass.