Poll

Which game in this list represents the best title for the Wii this holiday?

Donkey Kong Country Returns
9 (47.4%)
Kirby's Epic Yarn
5 (26.3%)
Epic Mickey
4 (21.1%)
Goldeneye
0 (0%)
Metroid: Other M
0 (0%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops
1 (5.3%)
Fling Smash
0 (0%)
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2
0 (0%)
Wii Party
0 (0%)
Rock Band 3
0 (0%)
PokéPark
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: January 15, 2011, 11:14:23 AM

Author Topic: Nintendo Wii Holiday Game of the Year 2010 Poll  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Nintendo Wii Holiday Game of the Year 2010 Poll
« on: October 17, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »
I have a feeling that this poll will be a close call between Kirby, Mickey and Donkey Kong.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:03:12 PM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii Holiday Game of the Year 2010 Poll
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 10:25:23 PM »
Metroid Other M wasn't released in the holiday period (Oct - Nov - Dec), I'd have put in Wii Party, FlingSmash, or PokéPark. But I guess it doesn't matter, because I'd pick Kirby no matter what.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 10:31:15 PM »
Donkey Kong Country Returns.  It's a good-looking game made by one of the most developers Nintendo's ever had.  Epic Mickey has too many uncertainties to it; Metroid Other M is already out and wasn't that spectacular; Kirby's Epic Yarn...eh...doesn't appeal to me; and Goldeneye looks too happy to ride nostalgia to actually be good.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:02:55 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 03:40:06 AM »
You forgot a lot of titles. Black Ops, Wii Party, Fling Smash, Force Unleashed 2, Rock Band 3...lots are missing.

My vote is with Black Ops. Ops>Goldeneye confirmed.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 10:51:21 AM »
It's a good-looking game made by perhaps the most talented 2nd party developer Nintendo's ever had.

Retro Studios is 100%-Nintendo owned, that makes them first party.

I went with Kirby's Epic Yarn, but DKCR looks pretty good too.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 12:08:11 PM »
Would it be a good idea to include Skyward Sword? I know that game's release is far off, but what if one of your relatives pre-ordered the title for you for the holiday. I am very tempted, but want to hear feed back.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »
I picked DKC Returns.  Kirby might end up being the better game but DKC is clearly supposed to be the big holiday title on the Wii.  It's been given that ideal Christmas release slot.  It's the game getting that Christmas push.  Nintendo has put that kind of trust behind it.

And really it's DKC's "title" to lose.  Donkey Kong is a bigger franchise than Kirby is (Kirby is great but it is second tier) and it's Retro working on it, who so far have a flawless record and have nailed that Christmas title role before with the first two Metroid Primes.  I would say if DKC Returns isn't the better title then it will be a disappointment.  It is supposed to be the best game on this list.

Metroid: Other M is barely even a good game.  Considering the franchise, it's the most disappointing Nintendo game in YEARS.  I haven't played it in about a month and I find I have no real drive to get back into it.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 07:30:16 PM »
Would it be a good idea to include Skyward Sword? I know that game's release is far off, but what if one of your relatives pre-ordered the title for you for the holiday. I am very tempted, but want to hear feed back.
Can't call a game a winner if it hasn't actually sold yet.  Any pre-order numbers won't be known.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 07:59:53 PM »
I don't think any of my relatives even know what a pre-order is.  Well my brother probably does but he wouldn't spend videogame money on me for Christmas.

Boy that would be a lame gift.  It's pretty much a raincheck for a gift.  I can afford to buy videogames.  You're doing me no favour is paying for some future purchase I was going to make anyway.  I rarely get gifts I couldn't just buy myself anyway.  The atmosphere of receiving the gift at Christmas is a big part of the thrill.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 08:01:24 PM »
No option for PokéPark? What if it's a game someone really wants? They'd feel all left out and hurt!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 08:28:19 PM »
Don't you have to be 13 to sign up for the forums?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.