Author Topic: Um, Apple thread  (Read 250133 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Apple thread
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 08:58:29 PM »
I wouldn't say Springboard sucks next to an Android home screen, but then again that's a very subjective topic. I personally think the simplicity and clean design Apple has used since the beginning is better than a lot of what I've seen of Android. But again, subjective.

This OS wars bullshit, be it Windows vs. Mac or iOS vs. Android, is incredibly tiresome. Use what you like and don't be a douche to people who chose something different.
the Android homescreen simply offers more flexibility, that's the general thing here...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 09:02:46 PM »
Which is great, for some users.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 09:04:54 PM »
Which is great, for some users.
it's great for everyone, honestly android you can go with just endless screens of apps or you can do some unique things

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 09:22:38 PM »
Meh.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 09:26:06 PM »
This OS wars bullshit, be it Windows vs. Mac or iOS vs. Android, is incredibly tiresome. Use what you like and don't be a douche to people who chose something different.
I know, seriously. I don't know why it matters to people.

The operating system isn't even the main reason I originally chose an iPhone. It ranked highest on battery life. It's the same reason I bought a MacBook Pro. I'm sure that's not first on everyone's list. Some Android phones have beaten the iPhone on battery life since, but I've yet to be let down by my iPhone so I'm sticking with it until it does. The only reason I switched from Blackberry was because their browser was severely dated and youtube sucked on it. Those are most of what I use these things for. I don't care about things like the user interface as long as **** happens when I touch the screen.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 09:37:19 PM »
If we're just talking home screens, there is no comparison. At all. Unless you jailbreak.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 10:47:21 PM »
I do jailbreak, but still only modify the homescreen very little. Mostly just Springtomize to make it 5x5 instead of 4x4, and Gridlock to let me place icons anywhere on the grid and not just all next to each other in rows. There are lots of other home screen tweaks that would make mine closer to Android, and I have no desire for them.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 02:08:54 PM »
I get really sick of the type of bitching and flamebaiting that comes with these kinds of threads. Like Adrock said, I'd just like to have a discussion about Apple products without blatant fanboyism blanketing the conversation. Considering that many of you are hardcore Nintendo fans, you should know about fanboyism.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2013, 03:19:13 PM »
Sigh, I had high hopes when I started this thread. Instead of blaming the person who derailed the thread, lets get back on topic.

Any predictions on the iPhone 5S/possible new iPod Touch and iPads?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2013, 03:44:01 PM »
Jony Ive doesn't have Scott Forstall's hard-on for skeuomorphism so that will likely be gone from iOS which is neat, but nothing to write home about. I think Apple will eventually move to a larger screen like 4.5 inches to appeal people who dig larger screens (I'd probably get it), but maybe next year. I'd be really surprised to see any major changes from the 5. It's a spec bump year. I'm also terrible at predicting things...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2013, 05:25:56 PM »
I think this will mostly be a spec bump year as well. I think I saw on WSJ that Apple was considering offering various sizes/price points for the iPhone. I don't really believe it, but I didn't believe in the iPad Mini either.

To be honest, owning an iPad makes me not want/need a larger screen phone. I honestly barely use the thing anymore beyond normal phone usage and some social media (but only when I'm commuting to work) (not driving). Having a smaller device makes it easier to fit in my pocket. Though I am looking forward to getting a "5S" or w/e Apple ends up calling it. A taller phone means it'll fit better in my suit jacket pockets.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:34:05 PM by nickmitch »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 05:33:36 PM »
(but only when I'm not commuting to work) (not driving).
He Protesth to Much I think.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 05:44:28 PM »
I wouldn't say Springboard sucks next to an Android home screen, but then again that's a very subjective topic. I personally think the simplicity and clean design Apple has used since the beginning is better than a lot of what I've seen of Android. But again, subjective.

The Seattle Mariners are totally better than the Cleveland Racist Imageries...

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 05:53:42 PM »
Sigh, I had high hopes when I started this thread. Instead of blaming the person who derailed the thread, lets get back on topic.

Any predictions on the iPhone 5S/possible new iPod Touch and iPads?
its going to suck compared to android
i think their going to either:
a. introduce a new feature exclusive to the new device that was originally an app made by some software company for the current hardware that apple bought out and removed from the app store.

b. there going to introduce a new feature called NFC that was entirely created by apple and not these other guys that already have it and are about to get sued for copying a device that doesn't exist yet...

and it will come with a new patent infringement scanner so that now you can join in the battle against rectangles with rounded corners not made by Apple...:D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 06:06:23 PM »
Yeah Apple sucks just like the Seattle Sounders.
Windows Phone and the Chicago Fire for life.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2013, 06:18:38 PM »
pokepal, you are anti-Apple. That is fine, but it sounds like you are just trolling in this thread. And you realize that the Android OS was made by another company and then bought out by Google? Every hardware company has pretty much done this, but a innovative feature made by an unknown company.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »
how am i trolling i am just livening the discussion :D

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 06:53:24 PM »
Actually, no, you aren't. If you have nothing to continue the conversation with besides flamebait, maybe you should just remove yourself from the thread.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »
pokepal, you are anti-Apple. That is fine, but it sounds like you are just trolling in this thread. And you realize that the Android OS was made by another company and then bought out by Google? Every hardware company has pretty much done this, but a innovative feature made by an unknown company.
The Android OS was nothing like it is now, but Google funded the original Android developers anyway.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2013, 07:02:50 PM »
I know it has evolved. My point was that almost every major tech company got their successful ideas from smaller companies that created the tech. They may have continued to refine and improve it, but they didnt come up with the idea. Sony has done it, Microsoft has, Apple has, Nintendo has.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »
Didn't Nintendo invent the D-Pad?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »
Yeah Apple sucks just like the Seattle Sounders.
Windows Phone and the Chicago Fire for life.

Hey, hey, you can say what you want about Apple products, but don't you go besmirching the fine name of the Seattle Sounders!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 09:11:28 PM »
Actually, no, you aren't. If you have nothing to continue the conversation with besides flamebait, maybe you should just remove yourself from the thread.
come now oblivion, turn that frown upside down :D

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2013, 09:34:29 PM »
(but only when I'm not commuting to work) (not driving).
He Protesth to Much I think.

You're right. There was an extra "not" in there. I fixed it. Thanks! +1

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2013, 09:39:15 PM »
pokepal is just trolling the thread. The rounded corners joke was maybe funny 3 years ago, but definitely not for the second time in one thread.

And making Siri exclusive to the 4S just gave that phone a gimmick. Nearly every phone has a gimmick nowadays. Can't be mad a company for trying to entice people to buy their products.