Author Topic: Tales of Monkey Island: Lair of the Leviathan Available Next Monday  (Read 1968 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
The third chapter of the Monkey Island saga finally arrives on WiiWare.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=20186

TellTales Games has announced that the third chapter of the Tales of Monkey Island saga, Lair of the Leviathan, will finally hit the WiiWare service on October 26, 2009, next Monday. As with the previous iterations of Tales of Monkey Island, it will be priced at 1000 Wii points. In this chapter, Guybrush faces off against the Leviathan as he quests for La Esponja Grande (The Big Sponge).    

TellTale Games promises that the European version will come soon.    

TALES OF MONKEY ISLAND: LAIR OF THE LEVIATHAN AVAILABLE  ON WIIWARE MONDAY, OCTOBER 26    

3rd Chapter Available in North America for 1000 Wii Points, European Version Coming Soon    

Pirates, giant sea mammals and demonic talking skulls invade the North American WiiWare network Monday, October 26 with the release of Tales of Monkey Island: Lair of the Leviathan. The 3rd chapter of the five-part episodic series will be available for 1000 Wii Points ($10) on the Wii Shop Channel.      In the latest chapter, Guybrush finds himself in the belly of the beast (literally) as his quest for the voodoo exfoliating La Esponja Grande takes him through the guts of a giant sea manatee!

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Monkey Island: Lair of the Leviathan Available Next Monday
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 06:24:36 PM »
I haven't even played the first one yet....

Offline N-World

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 12:54:06 AM »
Same here, but I'll consider it someday.  I always enjoyed the Strong Bad games they made...
Third parties haven't really given the Wii a fair shake. - Dequello

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 01:13:15 AM »
Monkey Island is far better than Strong Bad in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to this one. I hope this series does well enough to get a second season.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline DrStiles

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 01:25:27 PM »
This episode seemed so much shorter and smaller than the first two.  Very little exploration, lots of dialogue tree puzzles.  Hopefully next episode has a little more for my 1000 points

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »
This episode seemed so much shorter and smaller than the first two.  Very little exploration, lots of dialogue tree puzzles.  Hopefully next episode has a little more for my 1000 points

You think so?  Episode 3 is probably my favorite of the series thus far, as it really returns to that "Adventure game" format of solving increasingly absurd puzzles.  And by keeping the game in a confined space, we don't have the problem of Episodes 1 and 2 where you're constantly "traveling" on an overworld map or hunting around in labyrinthian jungles.  Plus, there's Murray and Morgan!  :)

I'm looking forward to playing Episode 4 tomorrow, as that has looked the most interesting of the episodes since the series was announced.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.