Author Topic: HBO Max  (Read 53165 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: HBO Max
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2021, 07:40:12 PM »
Zach Snyder’s Justice League | Official Trailer | HBO Max

I'm excited to finally see this movie.  Not that I think it'll be good, but it's been so long that I'm ready for the payoff.  Seeing Joker in what appears to be the Nightmare Batman parts of the movie is not where I expected him.  Also, seeing so much Darkseid in the trailer makes me think Synder is cramming all his "Part 2" ideas into this.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2021, 09:14:44 AM »
If I remember right, its 4 hours long. no need to cram part 2 into the 1st movie, when it's long enough to be both.

I haven't watched it yet, but I feel like if anyone at WB had real faith in this, they'd released it as 2 separate movies instead of blowing the wad all in one.
or they would have kept it as the 4 part mini-series and drawn in more subscribers

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2021, 02:17:44 PM »
Wait, you men it won't be a 2 or 4 parter? When did that change?

It probably makes sense to just get it over with. If the first part bombs they lose out on subscribers/interest for the latter episodes and potentially lose out on net subscribers from the folks waiting until all 4 release to sub but the bad word of mouth kills off those people's interest by the time the final part drops.

Or it's what Snyder wanted and I'm overthinking the decision.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2021, 02:44:39 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2021, 06:05:38 PM »
Honestly Justice League wasn't terrible before, and this version looks like it was cooked better. My biggest complaint with Zach Snyder is he doesn't know how to edit a movie before he starts filming, which when released in theaters means it'll be cut to the point of not making sense. That being said if its 4 hours of epic coherent stuff then there isn't a problem. I wouldn't watch a 4 hour movie in theaters, but I would at home. It is going to be interesting to see what's different. Whole major plot points are different, but it's mainly in relation to cut scenes and CGI.

Hopefully the Ayer cut follows. When I heard WB/DC was doing recuts to make it less dark I knew there might be problems. I also want to see an alternate cut of Batman Forever.  Seeing some deleted scenes I know there is a different movie under there. I wonder what movie you could make with alternate takes and cut scenes. I probably said that before.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 06:20:40 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2021, 02:56:32 PM »
Just wrapped up season 2 of His Dark Materials. Highly recommended if you like Harry Potter or Narnia type stuff. The younger actors give great performances and the animal companions (daemons) are super cute.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2021, 10:09:20 PM »
I suspect they decided to just do one four hour movie after HBO did away with the free trial. No need to try and lock people in for a full month by stretching out the content anymore.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2021, 02:44:59 PM »
I really enjoyed season 1 of Miracle Workers and highly recommend it to anyone who liked The Good Place. Season 2 is basically a different show entirely thought the cast and crew appear to be the same. I gave it a chance but it did not take. Miracle Workers is a TBS show but I found it on HBO Max.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2021, 10:28:23 AM »
New Space Jam: A New Legacy trailer is out and it looks so fun and I love all the easter eggs in the Warner Bros catalog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olXYZOsXw_o
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2021, 11:02:23 AM »
I'm with you on the WB cameos.

However, I'm a little disappointed WB went with CGI for even part of the movie rather than fully hand-drawn animation. I like that we get some cel-animation; I prefer the look.

Apparently, Zendaya is voicing Lola Bunny. Interesting. Glad Malcolm D. Lee de-sexualized Lola. That was a weird time when the original came out.

Still surprised Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam are still around considering their entire gimmick is shooting things in a cartoon for kids. 🤷â€â™€ï¸

Also, kicking the ball is a turnover, Granny. Fucking amateurs...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 05:30:28 PM by Adrock »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2021, 04:31:39 AM »
I liked the Kristen Wiig Lola bunny on that one show. Actually, Zendaya has a very similar delivery as Mary Jane on Spider-man.

The trailer looks like WB was trying to find a secondary use for Ready Player One Assets.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2021, 12:14:05 PM »
New Superman Anime coming to HBO Max and Cartoon Network

https://deadline.com/2021/05/my-adventures-with-superman-hbo-max-cartoon-network-gives-jack-quaid-animated-series-two-season-order-1234759929/

My Adventures with Superman (starring Clark, Lois, and Jimmy Olsen)

and not to be left behind, a new Batman Animated series is also coming to HBO Max

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/batman-caped-crusader-abrams-reeves-hbo-max-1234955444/

Batman: Caped Crusader

« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 12:19:48 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2021, 01:57:36 AM »
I love how the Batman Caped Cursader is using the same font of the original Animated series.  And showing a new look for Batman that leans into the mature noire aspect of the animated series.  It seems like we may ACTUALLY be getting a show that is going to try to do the same thing the original animated series was...a mature animated series for adults.  This is a good thing.  And with the Superman series coming out too...even with the different art styles (That would actually help define the tonal differences between the characters) could lead to a renewed Justice League Animated series.  I can dream right?  Right? Can history please repeat itself here?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2021, 05:29:58 PM »
New teaser is out for Space Jam:  A New Legacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRInjhFOKqQ

This is going to be so fun and I love how the teaser isn't taking itself seriously. All tongue in cheek.

As an aside what is the matter with youtube embeds on here? Not working like it used to.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2021, 12:52:21 AM »
New teaser is out for Space Jam:  A New Legacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRInjhFOKqQ

This is going to be so fun and I love how the teaser isn't taking itself seriously. All tongue in cheek.

As an aside what is the matter with youtube embeds on here? Not working like it used to.

That actually got a few laughs out of me.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2021, 02:51:45 PM »
Here’s the new trailer: Space Jam: A New Legacy | Official Trailer #2 | HBO Max

I haven’t watched the trailer. I just wanted an excuse to post this tweet:

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2021, 02:51:08 PM »
In case you weren't following this story, or weren't impacted by it, HBO Max completely borked it's Apple TV app to the point that people were complaining it was unusable.  They fixed it this week, after all the complaint.  Basically, HBO decided to hell with Apple's native playback tools in favor of their own.  This basically disabled pause and rewind features on their videos and other issues.  It's still unclear why they rolled out a self-sabotaging update, but the man in charge of the platform promised a fix and delivered saying "no excuses from us" while also not explaining WTF happened.