Author Topic: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies May Still Have a Physical Release, Fans Asked to Speak Up  (Read 2813 times)

Offline bluelander

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • My blog!

Head over to the Capcom-Unity forums to chime in!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34727

Due to a number of requests for a physical release of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, Capcom has "mobilized [their] US team to put together possible options that may address the concerns," according to Producer Motohide Eshiro.

What this means is that anyone who wants a physical release can post on the thread Eshiro opened on the Capcom-Unity forums to have their voice heard. After he is able to gauge demand through the forum, he says he "may be able to present an option that puts the ball back in the fans' court."

The forum thread can be found here.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Argh. I'd love a physical release but why must I have to go through the rigamorole of creating a Capcom account to post once in a thread for something that most likely still won't happen anyways. I'm getting sick of all the different usernames and accounts I have everywhere. Curse you internet!

On a side note, one post in the thread caught my attention. Somebody mentioned how this is the closest and earliest we've have a PW game released in NA after the JPN release. I hadn't thought about that before but I really hope that doesn't have a factor on the translation of the game. Since it is really an interactive story, the text and humour is a large part of the game's appeal so hopefully that stays intact and isn't rushed.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
I'm sorry but people need to GET THE **** OVER THE FEAR OF BUYING DIGITAL 3DS GAMES!

Offline FreudianLemur

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
I'm sorry but people need to GET THE **** OVER THE FEAR OF BUYING DIGITAL 3DS GAMES!

In this case I think it's more that they already have all the games in their cases lined up on the shelf, and they want to continue that. I know I do.
So you wanna hold a pig, eh?

Offline Rubber Band AI

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Yes! I would like a physical release! A plastic card with a code for digital download sounds fantastic!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile

It's not really a fear of buying a digital game. For me, I'd rather use the memory on my 3DS for E-shop games. If I can get a physical copy of a game, then that's something I don't need to keep stored on my 3DS using up space. As well, Ace Attorney is a game that once I've played, it's a long time before I'd return to it again. So, I'd prefer it to have a physical copy I can put away once finished.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline geo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile

[/size]
[/size][size=78%]I own AC:NL, Monster Hunter, AND fire emblem all digitally, because theyre the type of games I want to play over and over, through long extended periods of time.  Phoenix Wright is the kind of game I beat once and dont touch again for years, so I'd rather it not be digital.  It'd also look pretty next to my 4 other games on the shelf :)[/size]

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile

What would help me is if Nintendo would fix their digital distribution so that it isn't tied to the device.  There are also those that prefer to keep this on the shelf as a collectors item with the rest of the series.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Sorry guys, but I like trading and selling my games to people online. I regret getting Monster Hunter digitally.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile

What would help me is if Nintendo would fix their digital distribution so that it isn't tied to the device.  There are also those that prefer to keep this on the shelf as a collectors item with the rest of the series.

However, when selling the console online it definitely beefs the value of the console up if you have a lot of digital games for the system, especially when the system gets older and non-deluxe membership Wii U's start getting into the wild.