Author Topic: Are you satisfied with your Cube at the moment?  (Read 15882 times)

Are you satisfied with your Cube at the moment?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2003, 08:52:50 AM »
I am more than satisfied with GameCube's current selection of games. I got metroid prime for christmas, picked up skies of arcadia legends a few weeks ago, and just got my zelda bonus disc on saturday. those should last me until wind waker. there was that 6-month period at the beginning of the GC lifespan where there were no titles I bought except for ssb:m, but things began to pick up when RE dropped in may. games I currently own also include pikmin, RE0, and ED, and I wouldn't trade any of them. for me, it was all about being patient and having faith in the big N, that they would deliver AAA 1st & 2nd-party titles like they've done on their other systems, thank u nintendo!!!

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2003, 09:45:44 AM »
i am quite happy. i have purchased 19 games, and that is probably as much as i had all over the last generation. i seriously could see my self with somehting like 60 gamecube games by the end of this generation. i need to cut down on purchases or something. i will have no room.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2003, 11:30:28 PM »
(i posted before in this thread, but rah im posting again )

as nolimit19 said, i also can see my self with a veritable trailor load of games specially now i just got my self a job, hello 1 game per week ^_^

Offline Duriez

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2003, 10:36:42 AM »

Originally posted by: GanonSlayer
I got my Cube around launch and I have been fairly satisfied with my purchase. I have yet to see a title that completely blows my socks off like a couple for the N64 did (SM64 and Zelda: OoT) but I think we are getting a much better suply of quality titles like Metroid, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil at a much greater rate. I am hoping Zelda: the Wind Waker will be that game that astounds me but so far I am very happy with both the quality and quantity of top-notch titles released.

Yes I am happy.  All I ask from Nintendo is that at least one of the games released on the GCN every year completely blows my socks off and Metroid Prime completely blew my socks off.  I think WW is gonna do this to me this year .

Offline CrYpTiC

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2003, 11:07:47 AM »
I am not really happy with my GC. All of the games I have could be found on any other console with the exception of SSBM and Animal Crossing. Atleast the other consoles have online play, which Nintendo is lacking.
Best Browser Available
http://www.mozilla.org
Download Phoenix today!
Screw IE!

Offline GanonSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2003, 11:17:51 AM »
Are you nuts cryptic? There are many more exclusive titles than just SSB:M and AC.

Offline slide24

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2003, 11:29:28 AM »
Overall, of course I'm happy with my GameCube.

But after Metroid Prime, I'll admit I've been playing only my X-Box. I've dusted it off only in the past couple of days to play the Zelda: OoT/MQ. And of course when WW comes out....the X-Box will be neglected for quite a while.

Offline Kurri

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2003, 11:32:45 AM »
ahh my first post! i am completely satisfied so far, although i just got my gamecube two days ago befoe the big storm out here (Boston area). I got the platinum gamecube, RE zero (free with purchase of cube of course), Die hard vengeance (it was cheap) and Star Wars Bounty Hunter...i like all of em, althought die hard isnt the best, still fun at times...

I dont think i would have been satisfied though if i got the cube at launch, actually i didnt get one till now cuz i didnt feel that there were enough games to get and hold my interest...right NOW i am satisfied
gamecube games: RE Zero, Die Hard Vengeance and Star Wars Bounty Hunter

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2003, 03:49:59 PM »
Cryptic is allowed an opinion after all, and the thread asks a yes or no question.
But saying that all the games you have can be found on any other console is an undertstatement to the brilliance of Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Super Monkey Ball and F-Zero. Mario Sunshine is the better platformer than, say Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Racoon and Blinx. Metroid would be better than Halo (I've never played em, so I can't really judge). Zelda is better than Final Fantasy IMO and any other fantasy adventure out there. F-Zero is waaaaaaay better than XG3/RA and Wipeout. And I can't think of anything other puzzle game that beats SMB.

And that's my opinion.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline CrYpTiC

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2003, 03:57:36 PM »
Of course there are more exclusives then SSBM and AC. I am looking foward to Zelda and F-Zero, actually I can't wait to play them. I do wish Nintendo made some better exclusive games (seriously SMS was a joke) and I really can't wait for the internet play. The day when net play comes is the day I play cube 24/7.
Best Browser Available
http://www.mozilla.org
Download Phoenix today!
Screw IE!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2003, 04:04:34 PM »
Well there you go.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline SilverBack1138

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2003, 08:15:47 PM »
Man!!! I love my GCN.  I also have a PS2 and I love it too, but Nintendo is where my heart is.  Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness are just amazing!!!  Some of the most original and refreshing titles at a time where everyone is in the "me too" bandwagon.  REmake is great too.  It just freaks me out.  I have so many games, the only ones that somewhat disappointed me is Batman Vengence, Bloody Roarrimal Fury, and Dead to Rights.  They are decent, but not that great.  Here is my list of games so far.

1. Tony Hawk 3
2. Star Wars: Rogue Leader
3. Batman: Vengence
4. Super Mario Sunshine
5. Phantasy Star Online
6. TimeSplitters 2
7. Dead to Rights
8. Bloody Roar Primal Fury
9. Skies of Arcadia Legends
10. Capcom VS. SNK 2 EO
11. Eternal Darkness
12. Resident Evil Remake
13. Resident Evil 0
14. Metroid Prime

I also have the 2 game Bonus Disc for reserving my copy of LOZ:The Wind Waker.  I'm so excited for that game.  It's a great system and hopefully more people will stop giving in to the hype and actually try it out so they see what they are missing.
Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.

Offline substrate

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2003, 08:32:32 PM »
I got my Gamecube this Christmas but wish I had gotten it sooner.  Currently I have Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Metroid Pime.  I plan on getting Eternal Darkness, Sonic Mega Collection, and Zelda: WW when finances allow.    

Offline Rebelscum

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2003, 08:33:45 PM »
I am fairly satisfied with my Cube right now.  I play it when I have time, but that's limited because I work during the day and go to school at night.  I have over $1000 invested in my GameCube with alot more in the future. 20 Games (titles are in my signiture), 2 Wavebirds (One blue and one silver ), 1 Spice Controller (bought it day of launch because it looked cool), 1 Black Pelican G3 Controller (hey, it was a gift and I sometime make use of that TURBO button), 5 or 6 Memory Card 59's and 2 Memory Card 251's.

I've had my Cube since the second it went on sale.  I was the first in line and I was in line for 18 hours (back when there was all the posts on how long did you stand in line, nobody was in line longer then me.  I started the line at 6:00am at my local Wal*Mart.) and had to get my Jet Black Cube.  Didn't go with Indigo because it didn't match anything else of mine, plus I absolutely hate purple.

I'm still looking towards investing more money into it too.  Planning on getting a Pro Action Replay here soon (yes, I will use it, but mainly to breath life into my old games and access locked or hidden areas in my games or in rented games), Wind Waker (have the pre-order), Resident Evil 2, SD Digi Card adapter if it ever comes out, Nintendo Modem if Nintendo ever makes a games that is going to be decent online, Jade and Silver Wavebird/regular controller if they are released here (yes, I know I can use an import, but there is no import shop near me and I'm not going to pay for shipping on a controller), and any game that comes out that tickles my fancy.

I have owned every Nintendo console to date and loads of games on each one (Except the Virtual BOy, but I don't classify that one as a console and my firend had one and it hurt my eyes too much).  I am a die-hard Nintendo fan, but I do own other consoles and have plans to own others.  I really want to see Nintendo in the console market for many years to come, but I don't see that happening if they continue their ways.

But so far, yes, I am very pleased with my cube

::Side Note:: Is anyone else a little upset that you have to buy Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evile 3: Nemesis seperately at $40 each?  I thought they were supposed to be bundled together at that price.  It's kind of rediculas when I can buy the PSX versions for $5 each and the DreamCast for $10 each (Yes, I have played all the older RE games back on PSX but I want them all on GC since they are all out on it).  Also, quite frankly, I thought SUper Mario Sunshine was WAY too easy.  I mean, it took me like a solid week of playing Mario64 just to BEAT it (that is, just beat it, not collecting all 120 stars, and I was only able to play an hour or two a day) but it only took me a total of 3 or 4 hours to beat Sunshine.  Come on Nintendo, that was too easy.  Make us something along the lines of Super Mario Brothers 3.
Animal Crossing, BMX XXX, Crazy Taxi, Eternal Darkness, Ocarina of Time: Master Quest, Luigi's Mansion, Madden 2002 + 2003, Metroid Prime, Nascar Thunder 2003, NHL Hitz 2002, Resident Evil 0 + Remake + 3, Rogue Leader, Mario Sunshine, Smash Brothers Melee, Tony Hawk 3 +4, Wave Race

Offline nonjagged

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2003, 08:41:23 PM »
Im not satisfied with my CUBE. In fact Im dissatisified.
She keeps misleading me with sexual innuendo but has yet to put out so far.
One day I hope to impregnate her and she could drop out a min-cube or two. Imagine that we could have Cube LAN sessions afterall.

Until then I must find a method of penetrating the casing and finding the illusive component which can spawn my slippery eggs.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2003, 12:40:45 AM »
lol nonjagged

Anyway, my cube has kept me VERY satisfied with Super Mario Sunshine, SSBM, Eternal Darkness, Timesplitters 2, Resident Evil, Pikmin (One of my fav games EVAR!!!!!!), Monkey Ball, Wave Race, Starfox Adventures. In the future i CANT WAIT for Metroid Prime, Sonic Mega Collection, Fzero, FF:CC, Zelda, Pikmin 2, Animal Crossing (the first one, damn Nintendo Australia!), RE0, Monkey Ball 2 etc..... Nintendo Gamecube is my favourite console of all time, YES YOU HEARD ME, the amazing games just blow me away. This is a golden age of gaming for me, i couldnt possibly be more happy with my GC! I LOVE NINTENDO!

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2003, 02:11:32 AM »
Yes i'm somewhate satisfied. ATM i'm not playing it, I'm playing EV Nova and Civ 3 and stuff on my mac but I'm very happy for sticking with nintendo this console war. I mean I couldn't think of as many xbox games that I would own if i had an xbox. (menaing I have 5 cube games, i dont see 5 xbox games worth owning)
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline SilverBack1138

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2003, 04:37:15 AM »
Rebelscum, I'm in the same boat as you, I have a full time job and I got to school parttime during the evenings.  I have about 2 hrs. of free time a day that's when I usually get my play time and also during part of the weekend.  There are so many games that are coming out that have me excited, but I'm satisfied with what I have right now.
Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2003, 11:26:09 AM »
Isn't this topic a POLL and therefore should be closed?

Offline IllegalCheeser

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2003, 05:49:09 PM »
Definitely Yes

I've had mine since the day Gamecube came out.  I make very little a week working and in hard classes at school (40 bucks or so a week only) So I'm mostly a renter.  ED, RE, RE:0, Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, Potter, I'm very selective with my game choices. Basically If I can beat it in a rental, there's no way I'm shelling out 50 bucks for it.  I still have about 15 games and I consider them all to be AA or above, so that just shows the quality of the cube.  I lived on the launch titles till whenever Sonic came out then I was addicted to that for a couple months till ED and Mario came along, and I have been satisfied lately with my Christmas presents. Plus I bought Skies of Arcadia Legends and i am VERY PLEASED (definite top ten for me games played) and of course got the Wind Waker preorder disc the other day, just getting into Ocarina again, but I'm sure it'll hold me over till the goodness that is Zelda. If not I've still got Fusion, LttP, and both Oracles to play. (I need to play more and stop wasting my time on message boards lol)
Don't Put Marbles in Your Nose!