Author Topic: Kirby and the Forgotten Land HYPE THREAD!!! Kirby in 3D!!!  (Read 4040 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Kirby and the Forgotten Land HYPE THREAD!!! Kirby in 3D!!!
« on: September 24, 2021, 08:40:24 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3LAkr0ANgw

I'm kind of legit super hyped for this. Kirby in 3D roaming around a post apocalyptic hellscape? Sign me up!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land HYPE THREAD!!! Kirby in 3D!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 06:27:29 PM »
I'm also pretty excited for this.  A new Kirby feels past due, but being in full 3D is the exact kind of thing that really amps it up for me.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 06:23:36 PM »
Of all the games in the latest Direct, this was the one I was most interested in. It looked gorgeous and I like how they did not give too much away. I will be avoiding any more footage until release as I am sold on getting this day one.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 01:37:52 AM »
I've been wishing for a 3D Kirby since the N64 era. I was happy to see the Crystal Shards and Yoshi's Story but I was always disappointed they didn't make the big 3D jump. After Sunshine I thought for sure Yoshi would get his own 3D Adventure by the Wii. By the time Return To Dreamland came out I completely gave up on both franchises going 3D.

What a time to be alive! It looks really nice if a little simple so far but I am so happy this is being attempted. Bout time something other than Mario gets a 3D platformer!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 02:56:59 PM »
I’ve mentioned before that I rarely purchase games on release. Usually one or two a year. I’m sure there will be a special edition for XC3 so that’ll be one of those types of early purchases. Nintendo could still surprise with a couple other insta-buy games at E3. However, I think I’m going to get this game at launch. I’ve got a Best Buy gift card so I can use that to sort of “lower the price” and still get it as though it were a deal. This is the most hyped I’ve been about a Kirby game in years and I do love 3D platforming. If this is a game in that Mario 64/Sunshine/Odyssey type style then happy days are here again. Kirby games can vary in difficulty but as long as it is charming and delightful then it should be worth it. Sort of like Epic Yarn. Not a difficult platformer but I just really enjoyed playing through the levels and the different features and ideas they had to offer. Also, I’m hoping the music can achieve some of the high-tier best-in-the-business levels that some of the past games have been fortunate to be blessed with.

To be honest, I didn’t like the trailer in the last Direct because I was already sold on the game. I didn’t need more of the surprises spoiled but I get that Nintendo wants to keep the hype train going on it. Personally, I find it weird that Kirby can’t swallow some of these items considering what we’ve seen the guy inhale before in other games but I guess he’s just getting older and his metabolism ain’t what it used to be. I get that the limits on items were needed to make Kirby work in the 3D environment and provide some challenge but it’s the one thing I wasn’t buying about the concept.

The other thing I fear is how cute they’ve made some of the enemies. When the trailer started with Kirby sucking in those evil puppy dogs, I was mentally crying out, “No! Don’t do it, Kirby!” but he still turned them into puppy chow. This could be a brutal game if I’d rather be petting the enemies instead of burning them with hot lava. What cruel games are you trying to inflict on me HAL Laboratories?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 04:52:02 PM »
To be honest, I didn’t like the trailer in the last Direct because I was already sold on the game.
Same, in fact I muted the direct and skipped that part, just like I skipped the rest of this post to avoid seeing any more. Once I am sold on a game I go radio silent until release. Also a day 1 buy for me. I just hope I am done with Horizon Forbidden West when this comes out.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 05:29:21 PM »
The more I think about it the more hyped I am for this game.  Looking at the newest gameplay trailer, this game is kind of like the sequel to Mario Odyssey I've been waiting for.  Some of the Mouthful Mode abilities shown in the trailer even look like certain things Mario was doing in Odyssey.

I mean, does anyone else find it kind of interesting how right after we got a 3D Mario that many said reminded them of Kirby, the next Kirby game is a 3D one?  Yeah Star Allies technically came out a few months after Odyssey, but most of that games development was done before Odyssey was released.  I know HAL had been experimenting with 3D Kirby gameplay in the past, but it does make you wonder if after playing Odyssey, the team at HAL suddenly went, "So that's how it can work".
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 06:52:49 PM »
So is anyone getting this?  Lots of good reviews for the game and there is a really good Ask the Developer interview showcasing the journey as Kirby coming to 3D.

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2022/ask-the-developer-vol-4-kirby-and-the-forgotten-land-part-1/
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 07:39:30 PM »
I played the demo and preordered the digital version. Hoping to spend some time with it over the weekend.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 10:21:57 PM »
Already got it in that I actually pre-bought the game as mentioned earlier in the thread. That said, I'm probably not going to actually get into until next weekend. Not sure when the game will arrive in the mail and have all manner of things I need to do in life. As such, I don't really want to start playing this game on an evening during the week when I may finally have time to do so. Thus, I'll wait until next week to hop in. That may give me enough time to also finish the 5th and final case in Great Ace Attorney 1 as well before switching over to Kirby. So, trying to keep my hype at bay for another week. ;)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2022, 07:13:47 PM »
I streamed it for a bit over two hours last night. Im very impressed so far. Kirby gameplay adapts very well to level design similar to 3D World
https://youtu.be/xhxQ2Z4oZ34