Author Topic: Episode 739: Catching Feels for 5-Volt  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Episode 739: Catching Feels for 5-Volt
« on: September 19, 2021, 01:03:00 PM »

That art is going to make someone feel something.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/58410/episode-739-catching-feels-for-5-volt

Jon continues to not be here, so Greg and James kick-off the show talking WarioWare: Get It Together!. There's a lot to talk about with this character-focused reimagining of the series' core gameplay, and it has proven divisive in reviews. They give society's biggest question the deep examination it demands. Guillaume's vacation had him in a tent with a floor, USB charging, and dishes. He insists on calling it "glamping" and this is beyond the pale. Instead of continuing down this disgusting path, he shifts to talking about Donkey Kong (1994) and the various products Nintendo released to play handheld games on your TV.

Email this week tackles a single question: Nintendo's re-releases of Mario Kart 8 on the Switch, is it greed? You can send us the prototype of your email via the inbox.

RetroActive 50: Little King's Story's will be in mid-October. Post comments here.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Morningshark

• Xander Morningstar Animation Junkie
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Episode 739: Catching Feels for 5-Volt
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 10:56:29 PM »
Sunshine slander aside... (try saying that five times fast!) great episode gentlemen. I enjoyed that conversation about the re-releases strategy experimentation. James' point about Mario Kart having the inverse issue of F-Zero was something I had never thought about in regards to there being an inverse. I wonder how much that Fire Emblem timed release was a part of the "experiment". It makes some sense, have one big game, the grand 3D Mario collection be a test, and then also have a smaller, less-likely to be picked up title, also test the waters. Maybe in the future, we will see timed releases, but only for "smaller" titles. I wouldn't actually call Fire Emblem small, but you understand.

Can't say 5-Volt made me feel anything, other then fear.
Xander Morningstar
NWR Associate Editor and Video Producer
http://www.xandermorningstar.com

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 07:25:42 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Skyward Sword was an $80 game on the Wii because of motion plus. Arguing otherwise is absurdly reductionist because I think it's safe to say that most of that game's market did not have motion+ unless they were particularly wooed over by throwing frisbees for cartoon dogs in Wii Sports Resort.

On a sidenote: I cannot believe I have had to consistently defend Skyward Sword in 2021. This is disgusting.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 03:54:28 PM »
I already had a Wii Remote Plus though :(
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report