Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Games you DON'T want to see come out

<< < (3/5) > >>

Khushrenada:
Going back to an earlier point, I guess things got a bit sidetracked by using Mega Man as an example.

(Although I think you defenders are wrong. What is the downside to having Mega Man games freshened up like Metroid: Zero Mission? Seems like a win to have better controls for combat and more detailed environments. Ducktales Remastered vs Ducktakes NES? You're telling me the NES game is still better?)

However, the main point was to NES games in general. I get its cheap for the publishers and developers to just keep re-releasing these 30 year old games again and again on new hardware but I have to think interest in them has fallen from the Wii VC days. If we are remastering and remaking games that are 20 years or less already like Spyro, Crash, FF7 or Shadow of the Colossus then why isn't the same being done for those NES titles? I get some people are nostalgic for the pixel and 8-bit look but I'm not saying those have to be deleted or unavailable from now on. However, if you want to breath new life and renew gaming interest in some of these franchises or titles then I don't think re-releasing the same old NES rom on Switch 2 is going to do it.

Spak-Spang:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on June 29, 2021, 04:47:55 PM ---Going back to an earlier point, I guess things got a bit sidetracked by using Mega Man as an example.

(Although I think you defenders are wrong. What is the downside to having Mega Man games freshened up like Metroid: Zero Mission? Seems like a win to have better controls for combat and more detailed environments. Ducktales Remastered vs Ducktakes NES? You're telling me the NES game is still better?)

However, the main point was to NES games in general. I get its cheap for the publishers and developers to just keep re-releasing these 30 year old games again and again on new hardware but I have to think interest in them has fallen from the Wii VC days. If we are remastering and remaking games that are 20 years or less already like Spyro, Crash, FF7 or Shadow of the Colossus then why isn't the same being done for those NES titles? I get some people are nostalgic for the pixel and 8-bit look but I'm not saying those have to be deleted or unavailable from now on. However, if you want to breath new life and renew gaming interest in some of these franchises or titles then I don't think re-releasing the same old NES rom on Switch 2 is going to do it.

--- End quote ---

The problem is Capcom DID freshen up the Mega Man Games with Mega 8 for Super Nintendo and Mega Man X series.  Mega Man X as a series is brilliant, but I won't lie I though the X and Extreme look look some of the appeal from it.  I could have used all the gameplay enhancements and had classic Mega art and be happy. 

The thing is that Mega Man was simplistic but it was beautifully simplistic much better than the modern retro games, and I think Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 the Retro Style sequels show that...it looks better than Mega Man 11.  Now, the slow down and difficulty which is partly because of the technology back then being limited, and partly because creators were still mastering the craft of design. 

And about my joke games...I actually could See Nintendo pulling both of those off, but I was making jokes.  Wario Wears is probably the easier sell.  But a comedy of Waluigi trying to find love and having bizarre silly and non-factual information about relationships would be hilarious. 

Evan_B:
Any more Paper Mario games.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: Evan_B on August 08, 2021, 09:36:33 AM ---Any more Paper Mario games.

--- End quote ---

;D

Awwww. And I heard they were already working on the next game Paper Mario: The RPG Sequel You've All Been Waiting For. Well, guess that's the end of that.

Michie_:
I would definitely want a new Mario Kart. I love 8 but I'm getting bored with it after playing it for years

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version