Community Forums > General Chat

NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto

<< < (568/596) > >>

Adrock:
No one posted in this thread for two months?

Even I can’t defend Ben Simmons. Go to work, dude. The Sixers did everything they could help him succeed though maybe babied him too much. He no shows in the playoffs and now is refusing to show up to training camp. What is happening? This is like bizarro world or Rand McNally, where they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people.

Andrew Wiggins refuses to get vaccinated which means he can’t play any home games for the Warriors as local jurisdiction requires vaccination for large indoor events. He said he won’t get vaccinated unless “forced to”. The Warriors had him speak to an expert and Wiggins was still unmoved. Bruh.

Majority owner of the Warriors, Joe Lacob was fined $50,000 for essentially saying (off the record) they don’t need Ben Simmons and questioning his fit on the roster (in a potential trade). That’s like the opposite of tampering unless they simply can’t talk about other teams’ players entirely in any context.

Apparently, Carlos Boozer is the last Jazz player to record a triple double… back in 2008. Triple doubles aren’t easy per se, but 13 years? What are y’all even doing out there in the Beehive State?

Stephen A. Smith got Max Kellerman booted from First Take.

NBA is in shambles.

BlackNMild2k1:
I thought Max Kellerman left First Take to go do coordinated dance videos on TikTok/IG Reels?

and Ben Simmons is gonna find himself broke and out of a job for violation of contract after being fined to death. If he really wanted to show his worth, I agree with what I heard on the radio in that he should have played for his country in the Olympics and display how he CAN shoot, and no longer afraid to show how he developed that part of his game on the court in an In-Game situation.

Wiggins might find himself traded if he can't play home games. **** Around and find yourself Simmons'd soon bro. But something tells me he end up taking it after missing a few home games and getting side-eyed by teammates as he watches one or more of them start taking his play time in the away games too.

Adrock:
If the Sixers can stomach the distraction, they have leverage. They shouldn’t want Simmons with the team or on the court if he’s going to be a **** while he’s there, and they shouldn’t accept a bad trade either. The Sixers will lose every trade unless they land Damian Lillard, but they don’t have to accept pennies on the dollar. Simmons can sit out as long as he wants, but sitting out an entire year doesn’t count as a year of his contract. It falls under “failing to render services” so he would still have four years on his contract while also getting fined into oblivion.

As for Wiggins, I question who is willing to trade for his contract and the current reality of him automatically missing games because he won’t be allowed in an arena.

BlackNMild2k1:
Wiggins will give in.

His value was already low (by comparison) to begin with, and watching someone from the bench take his playtime while he loses (now and future) money will right his ship long before it gets off course.

Adrock:
LOL. Wiggins tried to get a religious exemption which the NBA promptly shut down and denied. I agree; he’s going to get the vaccine at some point. He’s being such a wang about it right now though.

Unrelated: a local Salt Lake City reporter stopped Jordan Clarkson on the street (without knowing who he was) for an impromptu interview. She asked him to spell his name then asked if he went to any Jazz games. Clarkson replied, “Yeah, a lot.” In her defense, she’s taking it pretty well. This is my favorite NBA story of the off-season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version