Community Forums > General Chat

NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto

<< < (4/596) > >>

BlackNMild2k1:
But he didn't flop, he flailed.

unless flop is being redefined here...
flopping is like when Lebron gets grazed by an elbow from his own team mate and then then flys back like he got sucker punched by a superhuman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJRnX0O9vrA

or when Varejao gets barely bumped and then flys back like he braced for impact from a wrecking ball to the chest.

I think floppers should get called more often.
I know people sometime exaggerate the contact to get the call because the refs can't see everything, but now the few have ruined for the whole when they exaggerate every contact in hopes of drawing a false call and disrupting the flow of the game.

Adrock:
I equate flopping to overselling. Green is a large man. He's flailing excessively to sell that call. I mean, look at these shenanigans:

BlackNMild2k1:
Yes Flailing Excessively - that's so unnecessary a movement not related to getting the call at all, and almost looks intentional. (he flails like that often, so I'm not sure it was actually intentional, but still could and probably should have been called as such)

I would consider it a flop had he just fallen to the ground holding his wrist or something after throwing the ball away.

Adrock:
I consider flailing to be a type of flopping because these very large men are acting like they're getting bulldozed. I'm not willing to devote more time debating the semantics of flopping especially when we ultimately agree that the suspension was nonsense. The NBA got a few more games out of the series. Personally, I felt like that cheapened it. The Warriors had a harder road to The Finals then they have to deal Green getting suspended for nothing. Granted, I feel like they should have had more poise to still pull off a victory, but here we are.

Anyway, what is everyone's favorite team and why?

nickmitch:
I think making more calls against flopping isn't the right fix.  I think the refs need to make less foul calls overall.  The fouls are an essential part of the game now, so you kind of need to sell them if you're a player.  If more types of contact are deemed ok, then you get less guys trying to get more calls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version