Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Quantum-Ant-Man-ia)  (Read 235314 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Livin' La Vida Loki)
« Reply #525 on: July 28, 2021, 04:01:44 AM »
Especially knowing that the show will continue another season at least, I kinda wish we got more. More episodes of Loki and Mobius playing cop/detectives for a while. Maybe make that all of S1 and then the twist at the end of S1 is the full reveal that things are a farce at the TVA or some such thing, then let Loki go on the run a while and lead into the showdown at the void at the end of S2. This would give enough time for Loki to stew on his "Prime Life" and experience similar parallel character developments to Prime.

I have an idea for a story for this. How about if someone grabbed a heap of those pruning bombs/time bombs and set them all to travel to different points in time and detonate? They could have buddy copped around to explore and fixed that. I have a feeling I might have drawn inspiration from that idea from somewhere.....can't recall where though
/s

I'm still in the #LokiLives camp for Prime Loki. Nothing shown in the show is a shoe-in for his life being over, just implied. And with all the other smoke and mirrors the MCU D+ shows and this one in particular have been throwing around I think that is still in the cards. They've teased the possibility with Classic Loki sharing the survivor story. The series could very well conclude with TVA Loki warning Prime Loki or taking his place to die at Thanos' hands or some other switch-a-roo so that story hasn't wrapped yet.

I was actually fully expecting Loki Prime to be the main man pulling the TVA strings. Would have been a very interesting twist if they could satisfactorily explain how he lived through the events of Infinity War.

However I think this Loki is done. I was actually happy when he was bumped off in Infinity War. I'm just getting tired of him. I was hoping he'd get killed off again at the end of this series.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 29, 2021, 05:34:59 PM »
Especially knowing that the show will continue another season at least, I kinda wish we got more. More episodes of Loki and Mobius playing cop/detectives for a while. Maybe make that all of S1 and then the twist at the end of S1 is the full reveal that things are a farce at the TVA or some such thing, then let Loki go on the run a while and lead into the showdown at the void at the end of S2. This would give enough time for Loki to stew on his "Prime Life" and experience similar parallel character developments to Prime.

I have an idea for a story for this. How about if someone grabbed a heap of those pruning bombs/time bombs and set them all to travel to different points in time and detonate? They could have buddy copped around to explore and fixed that. I have a feeling I might have drawn inspiration from that idea from somewhere.....can't recall where though
/s

Was this referenced earlier and I overlooked it? Or is this the premise of a different show?

I'm still in the #LokiLives camp for Prime Loki. Nothing shown in the show is a shoe-in for his life being over, just implied. And with all the other smoke and mirrors the MCU D+ shows and this one in particular have been throwing around I think that is still in the cards. They've teased the possibility with Classic Loki sharing the survivor story. The series could very well conclude with TVA Loki warning Prime Loki or taking his place to die at Thanos' hands or some other switch-a-roo so that story hasn't wrapped yet.

I was actually fully expecting Loki Prime to be the main man pulling the TVA strings. Would have been a very interesting twist if they could satisfactorily explain how he lived through the events of Infinity War.

The show explains how Prime Loki could have done it through how Classic Loki did the same thing but making it a big trick, just have the End/Void Loki be a variant that did the same trick and went through the TVA similar to ShowLoki. Have a fun twist by showing the TVA events with ShowLoki are just a repeat of events PrimeLoki went through before getting to the Void showing that multiple Lokis aside from Sylvie/ShowLoki chased all this TVA-Multiverse nonsense down to the root. The Many Loki Fight before could have been a fun foreshadowing of a bigger more serious conflict that would happen again in the Void.

However I think this Loki is done. I was actually happy when he was bumped off in Infinity War. I'm just getting tired of him. I was hoping he'd get killed off again at the end of this series.

If you want the Loki Prime death to follow through, make it where ShowLoki at the end of everything chooses to go back and allow himself to be killed by Thanos as some sort of sacrifice for the timeline or something. Make it an emotional twist ending of sorts.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 29, 2021, 06:15:10 PM »
It was how episode two concluded. Sylvie rigged all the bombs she'd been stealing off the TVA teams to travel through to all different points in time and detonate. It resulted in the time graph going bananas. This just seemed to be completely dropped, rather we follow Loki through the portal chasing Sylvie and watched them bicker and sing on a train for half an hour. Felt like a whole episode's worth of content or more was just left out. You'd think that blowing all those timelines would have been quite a significant (and very interesting) event.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #528 on: July 31, 2021, 02:37:45 AM »
It was how episode two concluded. Sylvie rigged all the bombs she'd been stealing off the TVA teams to travel through to all different points in time and detonate. It resulted in the time graph going bananas. This just seemed to be completely dropped, rather we follow Loki through the portal chasing Sylvie and watched them bicker and sing on a train for half an hour. Felt like a whole episode's worth of content or more was just left out. You'd think that blowing all those timelines would have been quite a significant (and very interesting) event.

Yeah, that part felt really off to me.  Since we don't really see the TVA side of things, I'm left to think that they just cleared things up off-screen, but the situation looked pretty dire.  Multiple timelines were approaching the red.  It would've taken a Herculean effort to fix it, but this is left to the viewer to just assume?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 01, 2021, 06:51:44 AM »
Yeah, Sylvie's goal in the moment was to distract the TVA long enough to break in and kill the Time Masters.  Which, kinda, she did.  She probably knew that the TVA would be able to somewhat easily fix it, but it'd literally take all their resources.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 03, 2021, 12:42:21 PM »
Also considering how Kang was 'tending' the timelines it is possible he steps in and does something in a high risk situation to keep it from splitting. But would have been nice to see some of it get resolved. Its probably a perfect excuse to have stretched the season into more of the investigator/buddy cop stuff folks wanted having Loki and Mobius going to different timelines to cleanup messes or make sure things are well and truly fixed.

It brings up a bit of a problem all of the MCU TV stuff has to a degree. The story and plot is so tight and driven that it rarely gives us a chance to breath in the world. It is a problem with shorter series, but it can be done. The Boat repair scene from Falcon is an example of it. But these shows in general have felt like the go by too fast and are too focused on their "big picture" purposes of setting the narrative for Phase 4 movies. Let the shows dwell a bit on their own matters and let us go on these journeys with characters instead of being strapped into a non-stop rollercoaster ride to Multiverse of Madness.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:47:18 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (What If...!? The MCU was Animated!!?)
« Reply #531 on: August 19, 2021, 11:56:02 PM »
Is no one watching What If...!?

What If...!? Captain Carter took the SS serum instead.
I have to say the first episode was alright. Felt a little rushed.
I still think I'd prefer the What If!? we got to see Cap return all the stones and live out his life with Peggy instead. But that's just me.

What If...!? T'Challa was kidnapped by the Ravagers instead
This episode I like ALOT better. The universe genuinely seemed like a better place. Star Lord actually made a difference and created a name and legacy for himself. Now Chadwick will be missed on Earth and in Space, and when people refer to the Sacred Time Line Star Lord, everyone will be like "Who!!?"

Good Guy Thanos, and him trying to repeatedly justify his plan for "genocide" was a great running gag.
so much to like about this 2nd episode... like Quill working at Dairy Queen. LOL

anyone know which What If...!? is next?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 08:18:15 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #532 on: August 20, 2021, 07:04:46 PM »
I have not been.  I may need to wait to catch up.  It didn't feel like essential viewing, so I haven't prioritized it.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 21, 2021, 06:12:54 PM »
I've enjoyed What If far more than I expected to. Definitely more than Loki, and up there with F&WS and WV in terms of enjoyment. It's just wonderful seeing how much fun they're having with the show. Not to mention the animation is beautiful, and the fight scenes (especially in the first episode) were .....brilliant.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 27, 2021, 12:04:32 AM »
Latest episode was pretty cool.

One Long Week variant, the Fury focused comic that came out to connect how Ironman, Thor, and Hulk from Phase1 all happened in the same week. Only things didn't go nearly as well as what we saw back in 2008.

I'd put this one behind last weeks Star Lord T'Challa, and just above Captain Carter.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 29, 2021, 11:15:07 AM »
since this is a spolier thread, this was why Thanos would NEVER set foot on Earth in the last reality explored on What If...?

Murderous Hank as Yellow Jacket is not to be fucked with.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 29, 2021, 09:01:01 PM »
I mean, Hulks demise kinda fits that premise but in a less stinky manner.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (What if...Black Widow came out before Endgame)
« Reply #537 on: August 29, 2021, 09:02:00 PM »
I updated the thread for What If and Black Widow (belatedly).
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 29, 2021, 11:44:13 PM »
I mean, Hulks demise kinda fits that premise but in a less stinky manner.

Yeah, he put his whole heart into the effort on this one.

But just think how deadly Pym could be if he wanted to be... good thing he kept that tech out of the hands of Hydra (and SHIELD) at any means possible. The world would be a fucked up place.

Was there a trailer for what the next episode would be?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 30, 2021, 02:45:44 PM »
I haven't seen any trailers for anything beyond the first three.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #540 on: August 30, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »
I just saw it's something about Dr. Strange.

Who wants to guess the "What If...?" Storyline staying Strange?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 08:51:50 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 31, 2021, 02:33:54 PM »
Marvel has revealed what the next episode will be about.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTPxQC5Hk88/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=c5890a14-4608-455f-89a8-a11b32597c02

What if Doctor Strange lost the love of his life, instead of his hands.
It appears he will be seeking POWER to turn back time for personal reasons

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 04, 2021, 05:49:26 PM »
just a quick update:

This was a really good but kind depressing episode.
It's also the longest episode so far as well.

also Dr Strange gonna be pulling off some crazy **** in the next 2 movies he's in.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 07, 2021, 03:58:11 PM »
Shang Chi - This was a fun introduction, though the CGI in the third act (i saw it in 2D) was visually worse than previous not-Avengers movies. The Winter Soldier is still the best one in terms of hiding the CGI - like the entire rooftop chase scene.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (What if...Sauron gave Shang Chi his rings?)
« Reply #544 on: September 10, 2021, 02:27:52 AM »
Shang Chi was great. I really enjoyed it.

The fight scenes were easily Best of MCU, as that whole bus scene as A+
I really want more of the fight club, and maybe with Ten Rings under new management, maybe we get more of that?

Trevor Slattery cameo/appearance I honestly thought was kinda funny at times, but overstayed it's welcome. His ability to somehow understand a mythical/fantasy creature was bizarre, and for that creature to be able to guide them through the forest when you gotta move that quick was also kinda crazy, but I'm not trying to nitpick the details, as there were a few things around this part of the movie that can be nitpicked. This was fun and I look forward to more Shang Chi, Xialing and the Ten Rings.

Shang Chi's blend of Mom and Dad's style to handle the Dweller in the Darkness dragon was a nice touch, as he used the rings in a completely different style that his dad. Where Mandarin used it more as shock gloves, whips and a shield, Shang Chi used it as a fluid extension of himself and a barrier. That style is gave him the power to beat that soul sucking dragon in the first place.

As for the first mid credit scene... who is the rings signaling? Fin Fang Foom? Something else?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (What if...I'm covered in Sharon!!?)
« Reply #545 on: September 10, 2021, 03:46:52 PM »
What If.... ZOMBIES!!!

If there was a need for a full 42 minute episode, and then an follow up episode, and possibly even one more (to just make it a full 2 hour movie-sode) it was this episode.

Really, an extra 10 minutes probably could've wrapped it up, but this was so interesting, I want to see them flesh it out. I've never read Marvel Zombies, but Feige need to go ahead and start green lighting some extra Marvel Animation projects, and I nominate this episode for a mini-series.
Of course we would be missing Boseman for T'Challa, but I hope someone can mimic his voice and style as well as the guy who did Spider-Man in place of Holland.

Part of what makes this Zombie-sode so interesting is the fact that the Zombies keep enough of themselves to still use their attributes, accessories, and powers. I saw a few snippets of the comic panels, and they actually retain their personalities in full as along as they aren't starving and giving into the "HUNGER". In the end of this ep, you could see Wanda was a little devastated over the loss of Vision.

What sucks though, is that even after they escape... it wasn't over. Zombie Thanos was coming for the Mind stone. I REALLY wanted to see how that end up playing out.
Does he snap and wish everyone back to normal? Is he still on a mission to rid the universe of half of it's life? is he even after an additional stone still? Or just more food.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 03:51:52 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 12, 2021, 03:27:17 AM »
Shang Chi - is a movie with a great setup and payoff. There is some cool action stuff in between.

I also went to Target after the movie, I walked into the toy aisle, and they had a plush Morris on clearance. I picked that up. You succeeded Disney, you succeeded damn it.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (What if...I'm covered in Sharon!!?)
« Reply #547 on: September 27, 2021, 12:36:21 PM »
What If.... ZOMBIES!!!

If there was a need for a full 42 minute episode, and then an follow up episode, and possibly even one more (to just make it a full 2 hour movie-sode) it was this episode.

So I'm slowly working through this and now Star Wars Visions as there isn't really an urgency to watch them. I hope we get additional seasons as there is so much fun stuff you can do with the What If scenario. Additional seasons could also allow us to revisit some of these timelines and see how things are going and answer some other questions.

And damn is this series dark. Between the original Avengers getting killed off, the zombies killing lots of them, the Dr Strange one, and the Kilmonger one have a lot of heavy deaths.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 27, 2021, 12:49:15 PM »
Killmonger episode was also one that needed a follow-up ASAP.

Party Thor episode (the latest one) was of a MUCH lighter tone and chock full of cameos. But that end scene basically lets you know that some of these will be revisited in one way or another.

there is screenshots of *spoiler*numerous character from different episodes meeting up with each other, and there is a season 2 that comes out next year.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 05, 2021, 02:38:10 AM »
Wow it's been quiet in here.

Seen Eternals twice and I just love it. I think it's now my favourite MCU movie. And Makkari has just become my favourite hero.

I am far from a movie reviewer but I'll try to put some words to my thoughts.

It looked beautiful. Some great looking shots, costumes were beautiful, CGI was pretty damn good. The Deviants also looked great.

The soundtrack was excellent. I might be partial here because I adore Mr Djawadi's work and it definitely had his feel to it. And it fit beautifully.

I enjoyed the story a lot. It was well told. Some parts were quite heavy on the exposition but given the subject matter, a whole new element to the universe and new characters I don't see how they could have avoided it. No complaints from me given the circumstances.

What I was not expecting were just how good the fight scenes were. Holy hell. Some were extremely tense and damn they were choreographed and acted wonderfully. And you could really feel the blows being traded. Especially with two standouts being Makkari and Gilgamesh. Each member had their time to shine and were utilised well.

Two post credit scenes to watch. Neither of them meant anything to me because I know absolutely nothing of the source material but bring it on. I dearly hope there's a sequel. I am very seriously considering going back for another viewing.