Community Forums > Movies & TV

Rate the last movie you've seen

<< < (1298/1309) > >>

broodwars:
Thought I'd try something a little different tonight and threw in a recently-acquired BluRay for Dreamworks' ill-fated Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, the film that flopped so badly at the box office that Dreamworks swore off 2D animation forever (just like Disney did with Treasure Planet around the same time). I'd never seen it, but had heard very good things about it.

Yeah, that was pretty fucking good, and gorgeously animated. Man, quality 2D animation is truly timeless and tragically underappreciated. In particular, I hope whoever animated Eris was well-paid because...yeah. Wow, that is incredibly fluid.

Link (since apparently YouTube embeds are back to not working again): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzxxuCJP6yU

It's nothing deep or complicated. It's just a fun adventure story, and I'm down with that. The BluRay transfer is incredible, too. Considering how...mediocre...the transfer for Prince of Egypt was, that was a pleasant surprise.

One of these days, I'll get to some other films from my Dreamworks backlog I recently acquired on BluRay, that being the 3 How to Train Your Dragon (of which I've seen one) and Kung Fu Panda movies (of which I've seen none).

Stratos:
You're in for a treat with the Kung Fu Pandas. Its one of those rare series where it gets better with each film and they actually ended on a good note instead of slowly dying due to over milking.

Plugabugz:
Dune - A visually gorgeous movie. I dont understand how some was confused by this storyline as it was both relatively easy to follow and with a budget to match. Directly sets up a sequel too I dont know if this is directly in the book, but two warring mostly-white tribes fighting over a planet of mostly POC locals with a white chosen one isn't really comfortable - i wish they changed the casting to avoid this

The French Dispatch - I never know what to make of Wes Anderson movies but, for me, i think i cracked it. Don't *watch* his movies, but look at them. Everything down the music and actors movements are perfectly in sync in such a way that even if you dont pay attention to the plot there is things to soak in. I wouldnt call this a movie but rather choreographed art.

Shorty McNostril:
Eternal: One million out of ten. Seen it twice already and just love it. I also have a new favourite Marvel hero. Makkari ftw. I dearly hope to see her again.

ThePerm:
Spider-man No Way Home: 8/10 - one of the top movies in Spider-man history. It has issues,  but they're minor. The first act is hilarious. It slows down a bunch in the third act. It's one of those cases where the fight scenes are better in the beginning of the movie. Great all around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version