Author Topic: Episode 624: Skeleton-Based Chicanery  (Read 2581 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 624: Skeleton-Based Chicanery
« on: May 26, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »

I can't name the show after "Pokaine" so we gotta go somewhere else.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/50564/episode-624-skeleton-based-chicanery

Syrenne McNulty joins us for this all-New Business catch-up episode, and we have a lot of New Business. Syrenne's talking about Pokémon Detective Pikachu, Mario Kart Tour beta, and Dragalia Lost. Guillaume plays Smash Bros. versus children, Breakforcist Battle, Puzzle Bobble 2, Gunbird 2, and Twinkle Star Sprites. We use a break to catch our breath and then Greg takes a bite out of the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, Jon has been playing Elder Scrolls Online, and James closes us out with Project Nimbus.

If that seems like a lot of games, that's because it is.

Next week we'll take on some email, so be sure to send it in.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 624: Skeleton-Based Chicanery
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 05:50:50 AM »
The only thing I can think of while Syrenne is talking Mario Kart Tour is, "why do mobile games have such trash game mechanics?"

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 12:26:09 PM »
Which level in Kid Dracula has the klansman boss?

Also the episode title made me think you would talk about Chinese censorship. Like Game For Peace, the new title for Player Unknown's Battlegrounds...

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 02:14:19 AM »
The only thing I can think of while Syrenne is talking Mario Kart Tour is, "why do mobile games have such trash game mechanics?"

Japan found something that makes money and thus investors pressure. Other side, making something so simple and flashy to get that neurochem rise with minimal interaction on a smart device.

Not that it super deserves mercy, but I do hope James goes a little easy on Project Nimbus. From my understanding, the game has beginnings as a Kickstarter and Early-Access Steam game by a small team primarily based in Thailand. So... it's probably a passion, amateur project by a bunch of anime fans from a country that doesn't get a lot of games out on the world stage.

EDIT:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kissltd/project-nimbus
The Kickstarter page for those curious.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:16:36 AM by Enner »

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 01:13:16 AM »
I do try to temper, because I am aware of its origins. That said, my concerns are what they are.

I give a couple spots where they could really make the game go. I think they could probably change 3 things and I'd have given it a full point higher. One is minor, the other two go hand in hand and are a bit bigger.

The plot is goofy and Gundam-y as hell though so like I'm not going to skirt around that. Not only do they do a Colony Drop, they do it to Sydney.

Like, you could pick literally any other city. It had to be Sydney?
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report