Author Topic: When Is the New 3DS Coming to America?  (Read 5535 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
When Is the New 3DS Coming to America?
« on: January 08, 2015, 02:44:00 AM »

The handheld revision could be coming stateside soon, along with Majora's Mask 3D.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/editorial/39336/when-is-the-new-3ds-coming-to-america

With the New 3DS Ambassador Edition announced for Europe, the only region that hasn't mentioned Nintendo's new handheld revision is North America. So, when exactly is the New 3DS coming out there?

Since we heard the New 3DS wouldn’t hit North America until 2015, my feelings have always been that it would arrive in March in a similar spot as the 3DS (March 27, 2011) and the DSi (April 5, 2009). However, I’ve heard rumblings over the past month that the New 3DS could be out as soon as mid-February. Coupled with the Ambassador Edition in Europe and the discounting of current 3DS models in GameStops, a mid-February launch seems more and more likely.

Along with the New 3DS, I’ve heard Majora’s Mask 3D could come out in mid-February as well. With hints of New 3DS support for the Zelda remake, it’s likely it could be pitched as a “launch game” for the new handheld. In my eyes, that makes too much sense, as Majora’s Mask 3D is likely the most marketable 3DS game in 2015 we currently know about. Hitching the remake of this Nintendo 64 classic to the New 3DS launch just seems like the right move.

On top of that, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, which was the “launch game” for the New 3DS in Japan, is still pegged for a North American release in the first few months of 2015. As such, it’s likely that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate could come out alongside or around the launch of the New 3DS. In an interview we had with Monster Hunter 4's director back at New York Comic-Con, he playfully danced around the topic of New 3DS functionality for the North American version, essentially saying "if the New 3DS comes to America, we will use it."

If you’re looking for some kind of confidence level in the different rumors and murmurs I’ve heard, I’d say I’m very confident that Majora’s Mask 3D is coming out in February and mildly confident that the New 3DS will come out at the same time. Another reason I believe the two items will launch together is the glaring lack of a release date for Majora’s Mask 3D when the Limited Edition was announced. Why would Nintendo hold back on announcing the game’s release date if not to reveal that the title will be paired with the the New 3DS at launch? Maybe that news isn’t as big as the New 3DS, but if you’re looking for maximum impact, announcing a new system revision alongside a Zelda game, even if it is a remake, seems like a wonderful move for everyone involved.

What do you think? Will we’ll be playing Majora’s Mask on our brand-spanking New 3DS systems next month? Or do you think it’s more likely we’ll all just be playing our Majora’s Mask DLC in Hyrule Warriors wistfully?

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline TylerTreese

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • 8wn
Re: When Is The New 3DS Coming to America?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 10:55:26 AM »
I hope the rumors are true! Nice article, Neal!

It does seem logical.
Ninja Of Love

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
Re: When Is The New 3DS Coming to America?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 10:57:19 AM »
So I can score more points on NFR end of the Year Show I need the New 3DS to come with the Monster Hunter launch.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: When Is the New 3DS Coming to America?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 11:15:26 AM »
Already have the collector's edition of Monster Hunter 4 preordered. Just need that New 3DS and honestly I'm good until STar Fox WiiU comes out during the holiday.

I will of course buy games because I can't restrain myself, but those 2 might as well be my games of hte year unless something magical comes out.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline roykoopa64

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 11:35:55 AM »
It does make sense, and I truly hope we see it as soon as you mention in your article, Neal. Nintendo needs to give us the official confirmation, asap!

I have a broken circle pad on my 3DS XL and getting it fixed is quite expensive  :@ ! I'd rather spend the money on a new system, and I've been waiting and waiting for New 3DS because of this. The ability to play my (unopened) copy of A Link Between Worlds hinges on the new system release!
Fanático de Nintendo desde 1985

My Miiverse profile

Offline KITT 10K

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 03:34:46 PM »
I'mhaving the same pproblem with my circle pad too roykoopa64. I'm hoping this is true because I don't wanna buy another 3DS XL only these NEW 3DS XLs to come out right after.

Offline NintendoFanboy

• Score: -15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 04:46:34 PM »
i'm hoping for a MM 3DS XL Version bundle, like they did with Link between worlds.
Having that symbol on my 3DS, LOL awesome.
But i hope they push Xenoblade as well.
so if they release Xenoblade with the new 3DS (N3DS) then MM the next month, or 2 months later
they could do a special N3DS for MM ,
Get us people that would buy both, i'm a sucker.  ;D

Offline Nintendo_Fan007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 12:51:00 AM »
I really hope you're right about the New 3ds coming in mid-February to us N/A customers but I'm speculating more of an early March release. Mainly cause it's already January 9th and we still haven't heard any news from Nintendo about the New 3ds release date. Mid February would be insanely awesome because only a few days after my birthday but a 30% chance in my opinion. Nintendo I want that New 3ds in N/A asap! I refuse to pay extra for imports and would be useless with the annoying region lock.

Offline GoldenTerrabyte

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 09:11:22 AM »
Yeah, it makes complete sense! I'm just really hoping they know what they're doing and do it this way! I want a new 3DS XL pretty badly, if it comes out this soon along with Majora's Mask 3D at the same time(which is really the part I'm most excited about, I need to play Majora's Mask again!) I'll be a very happy man.

Offline Does_Machines

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 12:28:48 PM »
So when do we think the Direct for this is inbound? Sometime in the next couple of weeks?

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 03:34:21 PM »
It's funny how many people are waiting for the NEW 3DS because they are having issues with their current 3DS and wanting to replace it. I'm in the same boat. I was just thinking of buying an XL because my shoulder buttons were losing functionality when there was the announcement of the NEW 3DS in Japan so I've been waiting ever since. Well played Nintendo. You built these systems well. They're all failing just as a new iteration is soon to be released making us all upgrade willingly. Now just hurry up and release the dang thing already.

Also, maybe the problem as to why NOA hasn't announced the 3DS yet is that they still dislike Xenoblade Chronicles and don't want to have to use that as the only example of software to encourage people to upgrade to a NEW 3DS and are waiting to announce another title that can only be played on NEW 3DS that they think has better sales potential.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 03:38:25 PM »
I held of getting one for Christmas so they better launch it before too long. I seriously wanted that NES themed one but I waited for this one. I don't care about that game its one I might pick up eventually but that type of game I will get on a console no way I would get it on a handheld unless said handheld had video out to hook it up to a TV as an option.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 03:45:08 PM »
My current 3DS XL works fine with no issues, there's no reason I need new hardware right now, but I'm not going to shy away from throwing elbows and getting extremely physical in order to ensure I get one of these before the rest of you.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent