Author Topic: Stealth Inc. 2 Hands-on Preview  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Daan

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Stealth Inc. 2 Hands-on Preview
« on: August 17, 2014, 11:00:00 PM »

We got to play Curve's latest title for just a few minutes!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/hands-on-preview/38306/stealth-inc-2-hands-on-preview

Stealth Inc. 2 will be coming to the Wii U eShop first later this year and we got to play it for just a few minutes. Just like the original, Stealth Inc. 2 is puzzle-platformer that constantly keeps players on their toes while providing unique experience. Unlike the PC and PlayStation original, the game no longer consists of missions. Instead it is one big Metroid-esque world that players start to explore from chamber to chamber.

The game brings in features similar to Fluidity/Hyrdroventure. Of course, the test chambers are more relentless than the Fluidity ever was. The first couple of rooms you test your abilities to walk about and react quickly, but they will quickly throw new elements into the mix. Moving obstacles, activating switches, crouching and hacking are just a few things that players are required to do.

What makes Stealth Inc. 2 ultimately so fun are the elements of surprise. While you might have a clear idea how a chamber will play out, the game is more than ready to throw you for a loop with unexpected features. Seeing a block dropped on what you first thought was a safe place is endlessly soul crushing, forcing players to think on their toes.

I didn't want to play the game too much, because I want to be surprised when I play the final version. I was impressed with how the game is turning out though and the whole atmosphere is formatted perfectly on the Wii U. It keeps you in the dark until the very last second and it makes you always intrigued for what is next. Stealth Inc. 2 will be coming to our white and black boxes soon with many surprises to still be uncovered.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth Inc. 2 Hands-on Preview
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 07:49:25 AM »
"no longer consists of missions. Instead it is one big Metroid-esque world"

This sounds promising. I'm very interested.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »
Unrelated note (but directly related to my previous post):  Why is it that every time I copy and paste (in this case, a line from the preview) into the editing windows here it messes up the font?  Does that happen to everyone else?
NNID: ejamer

Offline roykoopa64

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 11:30:27 AM »
The game sounds awesome. I wish the first game would come out for Wii U as well, as I always prefer to play an entire series rather than jump straight to the sequel.
Fanático de Nintendo desde 1985

My Miiverse profile

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 12:32:59 PM »
The game sounds awesome. I wish the first game would come out for Wii U as well, as I always prefer to play an entire series rather than jump straight to the sequel.
As far as i understand, parts of the first game are in 2.

I have the first game on Steam, it's pretty cool, but it gets tedious to go for S-ranks (have to memorize your every action and be perfecf).

They address it in the sequel by adding more metroid-like exploration.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks