Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 789492 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Well, as I said the price point is my personal thought.  So they could easily make it $99.99.  If they want to compete with Apple TV that would be a fair price. 

Though, $150.00 wouldn't be an unreasonable price, if the system came with 64 GB hard drive which is up-gradable, a controller, 1 GB RAM, Wifi and Eithernet port, a pre-installed game or two.  Heck if they can pre-install Halo 4 or a version of Halo 4 multi-player then you have yourself a winner. 

Of course I would rather have a lower price point.  But, I am thinking about what MS might try to price it as, so that it can make a profit...and I think that price would be reasonable. 

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
$150 and it can only play games you download? Terrible idea. The most that they could charge for such a gimped system is $99 IMO. Hell, you are better off just getting a regular Xbox 360 since you can do the same thing plus play DVDs and disc games.
You do know you can can play XBLA and retail games on it just downloaded. It makes a lot of sense. Is cheap quite and does a lot. Microsoft also has been having sales similar in scope to steam sales.

You may think its a terrible idea but there's enough evidence to support the opposite. This is an Apple TV that also happens to play games.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Apple TV is a failure in terms of sales.

And you can get a non-gimped Xbox 360 for $150, and it will do everything this gimped versions can PLUS play disc-based games and DVDs. So why not get the regular version? Unless the gimped one has like a 500GB hard drive.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Well, as I said the price point is my personal thought.  So they could easily make it $99.99.  If they want to compete with Apple TV that would be a fair price. 

Though, $150.00 wouldn't be an unreasonable price, if the system came with 64 GB hard drive which is up-gradable, a controller, 1 GB RAM, Wifi and Eithernet port, a pre-installed game or two.  Heck if they can pre-install Halo 4 or a version of Halo 4 multi-player then you have yourself a winner. 

Of course I would rather have a lower price point.  But, I am thinking about what MS might try to price it as, so that it can make a profit...and I think that price would be reasonable.
Sony has been putting its Multi-player games as free to play up to a certain level for a while now. Always thought Microsoft should have done that for Halo 3 multiplayer or Shadowrun.
Microsoft has been investing in free for a while now.
Happy Wars
Doritos Crash Course 2
World series poker full house pro
Happy Wars is thriving pretty well according to the leaderboards.
Honestly I'd pre install it with a couple of pieces of software
Minecraft
Happy Wars
Seasme Street Kinect TV season1
and a bundle for older folks
The first episode of the walking dead
Alan Wake
Karaoke

What if you don't want to handle discs? The past few retails games I've bought have been on Live due to Microsoft having some good sales.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Well, a 4GB brand new Xbox 360 costs $199.99 on Amazon.com  Yes, in a year they could drop the price again.  The Wii mini is priced at $99.99 and is not even HD, and it can't go online.

So, from a marketing prospective a download only Xbox 360 with netflix, Xbox arcade, and other media features seems perfectly priced at this market around $150.00.  And like I said Microsoft could easily add some RAM to future proof it a little.  Dropping in 1GB Ram and giving it 32-64 GB SSD hard drive with an ability to upgrade via a HDD slot or USB seems like a great deal.

And yeah, I think it would sell.  I would buy it just to be able to have access to the awesome Xbox Live Arcade library which is amazing. 

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/11/4212054/next-xbox-launch-titles-ryse-forza
So
Ryse
Forza with super life like graphics
Zombie game (Could be Alan Wake 2 or Black Tusk's new game)
A family game set on a island. (gels with the rumor that Rare was working on something with Water and by the Banjo creator) I'm guessing its going to be a island platformer with water based Travel.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
And you can get a non-gimped Xbox 360 for $150, and it will do everything this gimped versions can PLUS play disc-based games and DVDs. So why not get the regular version? Unless the gimped one has like a 500GB hard drive.
I think I agree with you on looking at this today.  However, I think they plan to discontinue any new 360s with disc drives when the 720 is released. 

I also think it sounds like they are trying to make this new 360 a companion console to the 720.  The rumors stated that the 720 couldn't do BC on its own, but it you hook the 360 mini to it, you could play old 360 disc games on it.  I know your argument would be then why not just get a regular 360 and 720 and have both and not worry about hooking one to the other.  That's where I think this is aimed at two types of buyers.   One is people who've never bought a 360 and decide to get a 720.  They could get the mini and be able to enjoy any 360 games out there this way.  The other is a group who have limited hook ups to their tv.  This way only one hdmi port is used for both systems.

With that said, I still think this will be no more popular than the Roku which only just sold 5 million units after 5 years on the market.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I think it has a very limited market I agree.  But is MS can sell 5 million mini Xbox 360s, then that is a lot of extra money.  And, there is a 3rd market that is people that want a small media device for there TV that also plays games.  The best part of the Xbox mini is that is does play Xbox live games.  The Roku can't do that, and Apple TV can't do that. 

As I said, the system looks to be a cheap entry for casual gamers that want a media system.  The idea to use it for BC seems like an idea to try to get more buyers and make it feel like a more complete and better purchase.  However, I think that is the weakest idea of the system.  As it is, being able to purchase a small download gaming system that plays HD games and is a media device for a low price (I still say $149.99) will be the price if it is released is a hell of a deal in this market. 

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
The Roku and AppleTV can't play Xbox Live games, but they also don't require a subscription to Xbox Live to function.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
The live subscription is something that Microsoft has to get over to make the mini as success. If you took that away you now having a very compelling product.
Also I had to laugh at Neogaf not claiming bias for Sony against Microsoft and Nintendo. In the thread for the launch game list there are actually people shitting on and trying to compare the PS4 known games to such concrete info as  Zombie Game and Family Game. While yet prasing the hell out of three sequels and games that will be multiplatform.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
The Roku and AppleTV can't play Xbox Live games, but they also don't require a subscription to Xbox Live to function.
Sounds like the OUYA can jump in that category now.  It does media streaming like Roku and AppleTV and you can play many Android games on it and you don't need a subscription.  The only problem is the choice of games is not as high quality as XBL games. 

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
http://playxbla.com/minecraftretail/

Following up those five million sales comes Mincreaft Xbox edition at retail.
April 20th
$19.99

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Actually, it comes out June 4. It was delayed a few days ago (they claim its so they can make sure it has the latest updates). Meh, its a vastly over-rated "game" anyways. http://www.gamespot.com/news/minecraft-xbox-360-retail-version-delayed-6406917?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Meh, its a vastly over-rated "game" anyways.

heh, look at this guy

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Is the 360 version still inferior to the PC version or does it have the same stuff now?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I keep saying I'll play Minecraft then I remember its a Sandbox Game... Then I promptly stop caring.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Ceric:  I am completely with you.  I can't play sandbox games.  I love objects...and free roaming worlds, make your own game experiences just don't interest me at all.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
There is an object. Slay the Ender Dragon. Hell, the game even has an ending.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Really?
I have never even heard of the Ender Dragon.  I know more than one Minecraft addict.

So... Is it a Monster Hunter like fight?
Gather Mats, Build Weapon and Armor, then Kill Dragon?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
The endgame was added relatively recently. For a while it was just a sandbox, but then they added RPG elements and NPCs and more of a structure. None of that stuff is mandatory, you can still just play it as a sandbox, but there's structure there if you want it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Really?
I have never even heard of the Ender Dragon.  I know more than one Minecraft addict.

So... Is it a Monster Hunter like fight?
Gather Mats, Build Weapon and Armor, then Kill Dragon?

This is what you do: get wood so you can get stone tools. Use those stone tools to find mineshafts or dig down. You need to build up various supplies. Then you use your stone tools to get iron and make tools and armor with it. Then you use iron tools to find diamond. Make a diamond pickaxe at least. Find or make Obsidian (can only be broken with diamond pickaxe). Get enough to make a Nether portal (portal to a different dimension in Minecraft). Traverse the nether and find a nether fortress. Find a Blaze (an enemy) spawner and farm to get blaze rods. They can be used to make an eye of ender. You also need to farm Enderman to get enderman pearls. Use the eye of ender to find the Stronghold and amke the Ender Portal. Go through, kill the dragon (very difficult, bring some friends) and get the dragon egg. You win!

Coupled with some good online server mods, there is more to the game than meets the eye.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
I'm trying to wrap my head around why people are excited for yet another Minecraft launch. It has been on PC for years, Xbl for quite some time as well as Android. Is it just people reveling in sales or do people actually want to buy it despite it being available in a dozen other forms?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
*Three forms

PC is obviously the best, but some people like playing split-screen on their couch so the XBLA version is good for that, even if it has some downsides. This new release is just a physical copy of that. The Android/iOS version shouldn't even count. If you can name nine other platform Minecraft is on, be my guest.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Oblivion:  If you just described the entire game...you could not pay me to play that game...it sounds completely boring, and you lost me at farming for materials.  I hate that aspect of almost any game.