NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Aspyr Media Accused Of Using Uncredited Mods In Star Wars Battlefront Collection

(1/1)

Shaymin:
At this point, we can just assume Aspyr HQ is in Mos Eisley Spaceport.http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/66650/aspyr-media-accused-of-using-uncredited-mods-in-star-wars-battlefront-collectionAspyr Media has become embroiled in another controversy involving a Star Wars re-release and modding, this time allegedly including mods without credit.A mod maker for the PC version of Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005) has indicated that the Switch version of the port released last week contains combat techniques added in their mod without permission or credit. The claim - with video and pictorial proof - was posted on Twitter:Seriously, @AspyrMedia I’m beginning to feel insulted.
Nintendo Switch launched with just straight up all my hero stuff from my mod. Same glitches and bugs. We’ve datamined it and it’s the exact same files just using the proper lightsaber attack anims.
(This is before patch) pic.twitter.com/3tWGgc8MzI— iamashaymin (@iamashaymin) March 16, 2024
--- End quote ---
Aspyr has not commented publicly on the situation. Previously, the company was blasted for announcing "Restored Content" DLC for 2022's Knights of the Old Republic II re-release before cancelling it a year later with no explanation. As well, the attack in question appeared in the original Nintendo Direct trailer where the collection was announced, with Aspyr stating it would not be in the final game.

NeoThunder:
Let’s talk about how I can’t use my name because it’s somehow “offensive”

Khushrenada:
What name? NeoThunder or something else?

NeoThunder:
Yes. NeoThunder was offensive. Apparently some other words like  “jack” and “monkey” and some countless others are offensive too

Khushrenada:
That is pretty dumb alright. I'd like to know what they think is offensive about NeoThunder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version