Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Launching On North American Virtual Console Tomorrow  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

The first and last time we'll say this: I'm really feeling it.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/42602/xenoblade-chronicles-launching-on-north-american-virtual-console-tomorrow

North American Wii U owners will be able to partake in an epic adventure starting with tomorrow's eShop update.

Xenoblade Chronicles will release tomorrow as a download on the Wii U for $19.99 (US)/$24.99 (CDN). The first of the Operation Rainfall trio of late-era Wii RPGs to release on disc will be the last to release in North America digitally.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
I envy those who haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet, it's one hell of a ride start to finish.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
And every New 3DS owner is swearing. :)  Seriously though I would have assumed more New 3DS exclusives would have been made.  Little reason to upgrade now if you own a Wii U, though if you don't any version of the 3DS it would make sense to get the New version.

This is the version of Xenoblade to get and it is a must-own for a great price too!

Offline kokumaker

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Yes! I have it on disc and it's one of the greatest games I've ever played. I don't even have a New 3DS and I even bought that version just to support it! And I will happily support it again with this digital release. Anyone out there who hasn't experienced this game yet... do not miss it this time around!!

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
There it is. I think I had predicted that Nintendo might release it sometime after XCX so as not to take away from that game's release hype and press.

As a New 3DS owner, I have no qualms about it. The New 3DS is still the better system than the original 3DS even if there aren't a lot of exclusive titles.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I started playing this game with the Wii Disc I bought way back, but I'm still not sure that I shouldn't have gotten the ~new~ 3DS version.  I might've played it more, since I could have on the go. :^/
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Super excited by this news, even though I own both the Wii and 3DS versions.

However, I think that Ian's post about New 3DS is kind of silly. Having a portable version is very different than having a digital version locked to your console, and the value of New 3DS was never really defined by a scaled down port of a Wii game - no matter how excellent that port might be. It has lots of additional features that are small individually but add up to make it a better piece of hardware.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
lol Europe's had it for months on VC
Made you look ****.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I assume this means the 3DS price will also drop? I've been itching to buy this game.  I was planning on putting it off until the summer when I'll have more time, but I'll jump in now for $20.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
I might actually pick the game up and attempt to finish it now that I can multitask with it. I put down the disc version once I reached Sword Valley.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
It's definitely one of the best values you can get at that price point, if you're into the game.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
And if you owned the Wii version your can keep your save data.