Author Topic: Mafia XXXI: Finale  (Read 19827 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXI: Finale
« on: February 26, 2009, 10:39:18 AM »
Story post
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXI: Finale
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 10:39:30 AM »
Announcement Post

Results:

Insanolord - Bomber's Apprentice (killed in vote)
Dasmos - Blanca /Coon 2 (death by bomber)
TheNorthSea - Villager (death by bomber)
Nickmitch - Villager (death by bomber)
Vudu - Tom Nook (death by bomber)
Nuclearspeed - Coon 1 (killed by Foxes)

That leaves TheFleece still living. Fox #1 has done it. Foxes win the game. Yessssssss!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 10:44:37 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 10:39:58 AM »
Inside scoop.

And now for the real results. They're not as cool.

Results:

Insanolord - Fox 1 (killed in vote)

That leaves an equal number of villagers and Coons. Coons win. Boooooooooo. Villagers throw away their chance to come back and win by voting out the wrong person.

Final identities:

Dasmos - Blanca/Coon 2
Nickmitch - Villager
Nuclearspeed - Coon 1
TheFleece - Villager
TheNorthSea - Villager
Vudu - Tom Nook

Your official winners of Mafia 31 are: Crimm, Dasmos, Nuclearspeed, Plugabugz, Vudu. Congratulations.

But wait? What about the bomber's apprentice. Well, that is an interesting story. My twist on Cube and the B.A. was this: Cube would pick his apprentice when he died. That way, Cube would know who the B.A was and the B.A. would know who Cube was when his identity was revealed by his death. Such a clever twist. Plus, it would mean that the B.A. would survive late in the game and not be killed too early or before Cube. As well, it might sucker some people into thinking that I was posing as the B.A. like Bill.

However, things did not go as plan. Easycure died and never showed up to name a successor. The way it would work was that Easycure could choose anybody to take his place, even the host if he wanted to go the traditional route. However, choosing the host meant that one would give up any chance of winning by an apprentice. With Easycure not around, I could do a random assignment of the B.A. but in the end, I decided not to. Let's face it, Easycure had the best shot at winning this game since no one wanted to touch him and when someone finally did, he'd be able to name an apprentice to further his chances. Why further the bomber's chances of winning if he couldn't show up to vote just to stay alive? Therefore, I decided to name no one as the apprentice and for story purposes, I will take the role of the B.A. And that is that.

End discussion may now begin. I want to hear about all the deception you guys were up to.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:19:52 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 10:45:30 AM »
Oh bullshit, you cannot be serious.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 10:50:12 AM »
Something doesn't add up.

Waiting patiently for inside scoop.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 10:52:52 AM »
WUT!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 10:54:49 AM »
Damnit.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 10:58:31 AM »
ha, if thefleece was the final fox, then he could have totally won the game with a well designed team with the townies, but is Khush trying to equal the surprise ending of the original game?

Did Easy Cure get in touch with you about the Aprentice?

I do think this is a funny ending, but seriously...the townies almost won.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 11:01:08 AM »
Yeah, I just like to mess with you players. The real results have been posted. Congratulations Coons.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 11:02:35 AM »
HA.  I knew it. 

Coons played a great game.  They let us Foxes do all the dirty work for them, and then got us in the vote.   

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 11:03:17 AM »
Ahaha XD
Twitter

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 11:05:14 AM »
As the robot Townie it's fitting that I survived the whole thing. Poor carbon based life forms. Too bad there wasn't more clear solidarity, this was the second Mafia I played and again I'm among the last to stand. Overall it was fun, but I'm at work and can't really expound everything I want right now.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 11:07:33 AM »
Awesome.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise to the townies for ditching them in a time of need, but no-one was listening to me. I wanted to win with you guys, but you kept following vudu's idiotic lead. The townies sinking ship and I wanted to swim to victory.

Secondly, I'd like to apologise to Plugabugz for hijacking his position on the Coons, I had originally targetted vudu with my power, but changed it to you soon after. Soz.

Thirdly, I want to make sure I am never on a mafia side with Pale, voting out two of his own members is pretty intense.

Lastly, I'd like to express how disappointed I am with that lamewad EasyCure. I say ban him from playing in the next two mafias.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:13:28 AM by Dasmos »

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 11:11:41 AM »
Taking out Pale was the game-decider. He'd put himself in prime position in the "townie" alliance (in quotes because it was more mafia than townie, I think :P ), and when he went out, our best chance at winning the endgame went with him.

Nice job, Coons. >:(

... but seriously, good job. You guys played a good game. :P
Twitter

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 11:12:33 AM »
Actually Pale played a great game, and when he voted out Decoy and I, it was in the best interest of the team.  Pale earned the trust of BFS, and that enabled us Foxes to vote out Sable, Mint and eventually BFS himself.  Can't play much better than that.

I'm still bitter that vudu tricked everyone into voting for me.  His logic was somethin' else, I tell you what.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 11:12:50 AM »
I was very confused.

It's hilarious that the two godfathers were both spending their time convincing the other that they were in fact a townie. And both of them were allied with the cop.

The lame part is that vudu pulled the trigger on me first. I should have killed vudu instead of BFS when I had the chance. ARGH.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 11:15:46 AM »
Lastly, I'd like to express how disappointed I am with that lamewad EasyCure. I say ban him from playing in the next two mafias.

Ditto. I wanted to see some fireworks. It's like you canceled the 4th of July! :(
Twitter

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »
So for 2 days in a row the townies tried to vote out Dasmos.  One day he was still a townie, the next day he was guilty as sin, and only barely escaped.

Don't you think that should have been a sign?  But yesterday you let the Coon Mafia take control of the situation...voting for insanolord and taking the initiative to end the game and start the band wagon....not even a single person voted for Dasmos.  Frustrating. 

This game could have easily gone one more day...and could have even ended in a townie victory.  Heck, even a fox victory was possible but unlikely.  The foxes lost the game after choosing to kill blackfootsteps instead of a Coon.  Poor, Poor Detective. 

Offline Gylldas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »
Blah it figures my two votes as Mint were the worst possible ones.  Should've voted out decoyman and Dasmos.  We wouldn't have lost Blanca to the mafia. :(

So did you guys know I was Mint when you hit me?
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
Mafia
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 11:26:44 AM »
Ahaha yeah. I survived 3 vote ties, that's got to be some sort of record. Also Gylldas on Day 2 i was very much gunning for a townie win. It wasn't until Day 5 when I decided the townies had no hope.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 11:27:21 AM »
Its ridiculous how many mafia was in the two alliances.Pale was in both.Vudu was in the first.Fleece was in all of them including the one with North Sea late in the game.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 11:27:44 AM »
No, we didn't know you were Mint, Gylldas. And actually, I put in a good word for you, because I liked that you were role-playing. :P

We were thinking you might be Sable, though... and if you were Sable, you needed to be gone ASAP.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:29:26 AM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline Gylldas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 11:42:58 AM »
Role-playing and saved your butt! :P

The day I was hit Shyguy sent me a pm telling me he thought I was townie and asked if I was in the "townie"(mafia) alliance.  He told me to talk to Maxi.  I told Maxi my role, I figured he was a townie because he was being protected by Sable.  After his last minute vote switch I became suspicious of him so I decided to vote out GP, who he saved from the vote.  My suspicion of Maxi was further fueled after I was killed the next day. 

This was my first time having a real role in mafia so sorry I effed it up big time!

Congrats Coons!
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »
My gut told me Vudu was mafia, because he was spouting all this crap about targeting the coons specifically.

Honestly, a townie never cares which mafia they are hitting as long as they hit a mafia.

Again, I blew it because I killed BFS instead of Vudu with the Fox's last hit.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 11:54:37 AM »
Yeah Gyl...

Early on Maxi was going hard core when it came to watching PMs and what not in the Who's Online screen.  This is VERY bad for mafia, so we wanted him dead.

We knew Sable was protecting him, which told us that he must have somehow convinced a player that he was good.  I made the jump that that player must be relatively new (no offense) to mafia because usually they wouldn't protect someone without proof.

I then looked at who was participating that was also new, and figured it was you.

Turns out it was ShyGuy, =P
---------------------