Author Topic: Mafia XXXI: Day 6.  (Read 15650 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXI: Day 6.
« on: February 23, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »
The crowd at the Town Hall was quite active after the stirring speech they had heard. Today the vote was tied between Nickmitch and Decoyman, so they were debating on what they should do. "Decoyman is guilty!" "No, Nickmitch is guilty!" "Maybe they are both Mafia, let's KILL 'EM BOTH!" A fight then ensued. Maxi stood in awe watching the chaos around him. Suddenly, he recieved a note. Opening it, he read it: "Decoymanz a helper FOX for Krazy Redd. Kill him and recieve a Royal Throne free." Hurriedly, Maxi went around and started giving messages to everyone he could that Decoyman was a Fox. Decoyman was wrestling a fellow villager and biting on his ear when he suddenly realized that the noise around him had subsided. He stood up to find himself surrended in a circle of angry villagers. "Oh, come on. You can't be serious. Me? Guilty?" Maxi spoke up. "You are. Your a fox henchman and now your going to die." "You're half right. I am Fox Henchman #3," Decoyman exclaimed, baring his teeth and removing his disguise, "But it is you who will die." A weight bench suddenly immediately fell from the ceiling and...just barely missed the townfolk. Decoyman swore. "Curses! It should have hit you! I had the spot marked right here!" he shouted. He walked over to a spot he had marked on the floor close to where Maxi was standing and beside the fallen wieght bench. "Hmmm. Something is missing," Decoyman said, looking at the debris. The Fox looked up just in time to see a dumbell crush him.

Feeling good, Maxi, the humble villager went home. Waiting for him by the door was the Royal Throne he had been promised. "Yesssss!", he exclaimed and started running towards. Suddenly, the ground opened up and he fell in another pithole. "Not again," he moaned. "Oh yes," a voice said from the darkness, "We have some unfinished business to attend to." Out of the shadows came Tom Nook and he walked over to Maxi. "And this time, we won't be interrupted by that pest Sable. For once Crazy Redd did something useful in the world," Tom Nook mused.

"There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. And only two kinds. Those who are borrow and those who lend. You are a borrower. You have nothing which has not been given you. Your house. Given to you. Your furniture. Given to you. That throne. Given to you. Now, me. I'm a lender. Always have been. Always will be. Everything I have is because of me and my hard work. My business, mine. My wares, mine. Your house, mine. Your furniture, mine. That throne, mine. All of it mine. Mine because I desire it all. I know what I want and I what I want is everything! And I've worked hard to get it. And so, when that arrogant little mayor of yours suddenly says no.... He says NO to me, Tom Nook. TOM NOOK, the man who has BUILT this town and given its citizens everything they have. The man who has lent them grand houses and goods to fill them and all manor of luxuries. HE SAYS NO TO ME?! He says, no, Tom Nook, you cannot have your way. You cannot have what you want. Only I can dictate how things work. Only I can dictate how business should be conducted. And I think you should be put of business!?

Well, when he says this, when he says no to my demands, I say, ok. Yes, I do. I say, ok, have it your way. If you are so responsible for this town, you can have it. You can fix it up. You can care for its people. You can provide for them and lend to them your mighty provisions. I'll just collect my things and go. The problem is, I have lent out so many of my things and now I have to get them all back. Which brings me back to my earlier point. You, the borrower, have many things belonging to me, the lender. And I'm here to collect. I'm not a greedy man. I'm not a cruel or petty tyrant. I'm actually quite generous. Considering the many things I've given you, I think you'd agree. I like to be generous in many ways. Even in the matter of debts, I am generous in the length of time to recieve repayment. But one area I am not generous in, is patience towards those who would spit at my generosity. You take and you take from me. Oh, you are so eager to take from me. And what would you give me in exchange for all that you take? You would side with your imbicile mayor to have me run out of town, end my business. Heck, to end my life.

And so, now I say, no. I say no to the generosity I have shown. I say, no more to your debt. I will collect what is mine and end your debt to night. And what is mine that you have? Your house, your furniture,...your life. Now that throne. That throne is yours. That I gave to you because, like I said, I'm a generous man. In fact, I'm so generous, I won't have you get up but I will actually carry it over to you. Urrrgh. It's... a .... heavy beast. Ugh. Lots of... urrrr... weight to it. Huff. But, I'm willing to... to carry it over... ugh, because I love to give. Urrr. Speaking of which,.... allow me... to give you.... a headache.... like you have given me." And with that, Tom Nook dropped the throne on top of Maxi, crushing him to death. Then Tom Nook snapped his fingers and his mob came out of the shodows. They then stripped Maxi's house of all possessions and tore it down, removing all trace of it.

Meanwhile, hundreds of miles away, Crimm who was Coon Henchman #3 had just gotten off a train. By the aid of Tom Nook, he had been able to sneak out of the village and had arrived in Boondox to make sure they would not send any help to Beanerville. Mayor Khushrenada's speech had the Coons a little jumpy. "Ahhh, this town looks so much safer than Beanerville! I can feel the stress melting away. No suspicious glances, no threat of death or exposure, and plenty of fresh air." He stepped off the platform and lost his footing.  He fell right onto the tracks as the train started moving, ending the Coon's life.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:35:06 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXI: Day 6.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 01:22:16 AM »
Announcement post.

Results:

Decoyman - Fox #3 (killed by vote)
Crimm - Coon #3 (death by inactivity)
Maxi - Villager (killed by Coons)

Nooooooooooo. A fox has fallen. I'm sure their wrath will be swift. Speaking of which, it's a Crazy Redd hit day. Ahhh, revenge is sweet indeed.

Voting ends like usual at Midnight EST.

The following people need to vote today:

No one. Way to keep up guys.

And that wraps up the announcements.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:49:58 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 01:38:44 AM »
Well I am happy my vote was in time.1 second left.I am glad I was right about Crimm.Sad that I am dead.I guess I was catching on to the mafia so they killed me.Townies you have a chance still!
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 01:41:17 AM »
Well I am happy my vote was in time.1 second left.I am glad I was right about Crimm.Sad that I am dead.I guess I was catching on to the mafia so they killed me.Townies you have a chance still!

STAY IN THE DEAD THREAD!

- THE MANAGEMENT

*taps the sign*

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 01:52:23 AM »
And yes, I may have gone overboard with Tom Nook's monologue but after establishing Crazy Redd as a sort of Joker, unpredicatable, menacing villian, I wanted to reach into the heart of Tom Nook's motivations and truly establish his character and villany for the citizens to hate and hopefully give more motivation for his defeat.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 06:02:10 AM »
Good work townies. So who's got the plan regarding the next bandwagon?

In the interim, I am going to un-Vote Insanolord. As I mentioned back on Day 2, I don't like the level of involvement he's shown this game. The radar is working but he is flying underneath it.

Edit: Learn to bold noob :p

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:21:21 PM by blackfootsteps »
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:39:36 AM »
Still going to VOTE VUDU. Nobody else really strikes me as overly suspicious. No-one came to decoyman's rescue after the bandwagon was started against him, so you can't really deduce anything substantial from yesterday's voting. Except that Maxi finally got one right. Finally.

Also where's the freaking bomber? Don't tell me they're actually trying to win this?

e: Looking back, vudu was for killing off Crimm a day earlier than he was supposed to. Crimm turned out to be a Coon, but vudu also was in that Fox decoyman's bandwagon.

Huh, I'll need to think about this.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:56:47 AM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 08:42:04 AM »
The same argument could be made for Nuclear Speed.  He hasn't really done a whole lot this game, just enough to stay alive. 

I really thought Decoyman was on the up and up, and I was wrong.  I do, however, still believe that Dasmos is guilty.

unvote Dasmos
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:55:04 AM by DrewMG »
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 08:43:38 AM »
Why?

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 09:11:36 AM »
Vudu convinced me.  If you want to convince me to change my vote, I'm all ears.  I'm also pretty keen to think that vudu is a liar liar liar, and if you have a good argument against him, I'd hear it.

My vote is very flexible at this point, because I don't think ANYONE has come off as particularly guilty.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 09:42:49 AM »
vudu's argument was I didn't respond to his post and for some completely bizarre reason he felt that ShyGuy might have told me his role. That's all. It's a crap argument.

BFS' lying low argument works well for a lot of players. EasyCure and Isanolord have both only voted twice, same with Pale and TheFleece, but the latter two have vote on more than two days, but have later retracted their vote.

nickmitch has been quiet, sure he has voted on three seperate days, but I'd say he wouldn't have voted Day 5 if his ass wasn't on the line. He's just been "voting in self-defence", which is a pretty good way to hide from any scrutiny. Also NuclearSpeed and Plugabugz have only voted on three days too.

It is hard to tell though who is lying low and who has just lost interest.

I'm going to VOTE NICKMITCH and see what sort of reaction that gets.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 09:54:38 AM »
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I'm just voting to make sure I'm active.  I'll retract my vote for you, Dasmos, and see how the day plays out.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 10:59:10 AM »
I don't think lying low is a valid argument given the presence of the bomber. I'd be voting every day if it wasn't for that risk.  That said, for now I think I'm gonna vote for Nickmitch too... He's playing an interesting game for a bunch of uninteresting reasons. =P

unvote nickmitch
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:29:39 PM by Pale »
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »
I'm still voting for nickmitch. I just find it suspicious with the way he was so quiet early on.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »
Right, so because I was quiet early on and came in just in time to vote out the only mafia member the townies were able to get, I'm guilty?  Great theory, guys.  Too bad it's WRONG!!

For now, I' going to side with BFS, since he was right before and vote insanolord change.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:27:00 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 03:11:17 PM »
e: Looking back, vudu was for killing off Crimm a day earlier than he was supposed to. Crimm turned out to be a Coon, but vudu also was in that Fox decoyman's bandwagon.

I'm glad you've come to your senses.  However, don't think I'm letting you off the hook that easily!

nickmitch has been quiet, sure he has voted on three seperate days, but I'd say he wouldn't have voted Day 5 if his ass wasn't on the line. He's just been "voting in self-defence", which is a pretty good way to hide from any scrutiny. Also NuclearSpeed and Plugabugz have only voted on three days too.

This is a good point.  I had honestly forgot NuclearSpeed and Plugabugz were even playing the game!  And don't forget about EasyCure.  These people are lying low because they're guilty!  ... maybe.  Or maybe they're just busy.  Whatever.  Burn the witch!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 04:21:16 PM »
I hadn't been able to play this game as much as I'd like earlier last week because of circumstances beyond my control. I wasn't on Friday night because I got together with some friends and went out to eat  and then played TimeSplitters for a few hours and the deadline had passed by the time we were done. I have no ulterior motive in being silent, it's just kind of happened that way.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 05:03:16 PM »
I have been here, I said in one of the previous day threads I was away because of stress on one day (and just needed peace/quiet) and benjamin button on the next.

vote nickmitch
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 07:33:23 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 05:19:46 PM »
I have been here, I said in one of the previous day threads I was away because of stress on one day (and just needed peace/quiet) and benjamin button on the next.

And what Brad Pitt inspired pearls of wisdom have you brought back for us?
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 06:27:33 PM »
Vote Nickmitch

Call it a hunch.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »
Right, so because I was quiet early on and came in just in time to vote out the only mafia member the townies were able to get, I'm guilty?  Great theory, guys.  Too bad it's WRONG!!

For now, I' going to side with BFS, since he was right before and vote insanolord

Voting for mafia member might be a great defence if it weren't for the fact that there are two in this game.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 07:17:41 PM »
Vote BlackFootSteps because I can't deny the final wishes of a dead man.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 07:34:03 PM »

And what Brad Pitt inspired pearls of wisdom have you brought back for us?

Be prepared to put 3 hours aside for it. It's a very very good film however.

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 09:07:09 PM »

Who? Your mafia buddy Decoy? :)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 09:20:18 PM »
VOTE DASMOS for reasons I outlined on Friday.

Recap:  He's part of the Fox mafia.  He tried to get the cop to reveal himself on day 4 claiming that Sable would protect him.  Little did the cop know that Sable (ShyGuy) was already set to die that night.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »
Hmm, yes I agree. Vote Dasmos. Better to take out an active threat Dasmos first. I'll go for Insano later!

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 09:26:16 PM »

Maxi told me over the weekend that if he died to vote on you.  You told me that the only way to prove you're a Townie is by dying. I'm not Mafia, the proof you dismissed so easily was more legit than your "lost friend code" excuse. I'm sure no one's going to back me up and that's fine.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 09:37:28 PM »

Maxi told me over the weekend that if he died to vote on you.  You told me that the only way to prove you're a Townie is by dying. I'm not Mafia, the proof you dismissed so easily was more legit than your "lost friend code" excuse. I'm sure no one's going to back me up and that's fine.

I'm not going to be much use to a dwindling townie survivors if I'm dead. Behaviour is way more important than PM proof.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 10:15:13 PM »

I'm not going to be much use to a dwindling townie survivors if I'm dead. Behaviour is way more important than PM proof.

I'm going to sit on my vote for tonight, I think you're more than just a Townie like you say. If your vote doesn't kill a townie tonight and if I don't die by some bastard mafia hand then I'll be more trusting.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 10:30:32 PM »
Vote Dasmos
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 11:27:48 PM »
Vote Dasmos
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 11:58:40 PM »
As I suspected. A tie.

Final Tally:

Dasmos - 4
Nickmitch - 4
Blackfootsteps - 1

And so now, we enter another tiebreaker. After Friday, everybody should be familiar with the rules. Either someone votes or someone retracts a vote within the next 30 minutes. Startingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg NOW!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:03:36 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 12:04:08 AM »
And hurry this up. I don't want to have to wait until the last minute again.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 12:05:53 AM »
If either of you are watching, I'll take PMs on why I should change/keep my vote.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2009, 12:17:43 AM »
this uniting thing at the end of the day thing is cute, unfortunately I'm a townie guys. you'll find out soon enough, if I die, I guess.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2009, 12:31:43 AM »
2 mins.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2009, 12:32:43 AM »
Get outta here, Maxi!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2009, 12:33:25 AM »
Done?

EDIT: Yes, we are.

Congratulations on the epic fail, everybody.

Final tally: A tie. Whuh wa wa.

Dasmos - 4
Nickmitch - 4
Blackfootsteps - 1

Well, it appears that nobody wants to step up for these days. Guess we will see what the night actions bring us.

Send them in now.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:36:00 AM by Khushrenada »