Author Topic: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Game Over!  (Read 69280 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Round 5!
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2021, 11:19:34 PM »
That concludes Round 5 and gives us our Final Four.

Let's take a moment to examine the players who've made it this far.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 11:25:25 PM by "King Gong" Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2021, 11:30:00 PM »
Mr. Bungle - This is only his second time playing Safe Words but he has made it to the final four for the second time. As you may recall, Season 3 of Safe Words will only consist Safe Words 16, 17 and 18. Strangely enough, 3 of the Final Four players in 16 have made it to the Final Four in this game. It's going to be a tight finish to win this season if this keeps up. Last game, Mr. Bungle finished in 3rd falling behind TOPHATANT123 and MASB. Will history repeat itself or will Mr. Bungle get his revenge and come out the victor this time? He has control of the bomb word for Round 6. Will he be able to use that to his advantage or will it backfire? We shall have to see.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2021, 12:09:29 AM »
NWR_Insanolord - Of the four players in the Final Four of this game, none have as much experience as Insanolord who has played in every game (and never hosted one >:( ). And possible no one has suffered as much in this game as he has. Despite 16 tries, he has yet to win a game. In the meantime, he is the player with the most first round eliminations having had this happen three times and is the only player to have lost in the opening round in back to back games. (However, it should be noted that with Stratos first round elimination this game, he now ties Insanolord for the most opening round losses. On the other hand, Stratos did manage to win a game once....)

Yet, despite those ignominious facts, Insanolord does have some impressive records to his name. This is his 7th appearance in a Safe Words Final Four putting him solely in possession of the number 2 spot for Most Final Four Appearances by a Player in Safe Words. He was tied with Stratos who both had 6 appearances coming into this game dropping Stratos to 3rd overall. ShyGuy is the number one player with 8 appearances in the Final Four. (But he hasn't played since Safe Words 15. Wither ShyGuy?  :( ) Insanolord is also tied with Stratos, ShyGuy and now TOPHATANT123 for Most Consecutive Final Four Appearances by doing it 3 games in a row. Those three players are tied at 2nd as only UncleBob has managed to appear in more Consecutive Final Fours than any other player by doing it four times in a row. Yet despite making it to the Final Four 6 times previously, the best Insanolord has managed to rank is 2nd place. He has made it to the Final Round 3 times and lost it each time to finish second. This makes him the all-time leader for players who have lost in the Final Round by placing 0-3. He's also the only player to have placed second and lost the Final Round in back-to-back games. (Safe Words 14 and 15). UncleBob and Stratos are tied for second in Most Final Round losses. UB went 0 - 2 and Stratos is currently 1 - 2 having pulled off one victory in his three appearance in the Final Round.

He signed up for this game saying he was coming for second place. Will he actually even get that far? Will those words be hauntingly prophetic? Will he become the Buffalo Bills of Safe Words? Or will he finally break the cycle of Safe Words suffering and win one of these damn things? Are we engaging in war crimes by having him play these games and endure further mental anguish? Or is still kind of funny? I don't know but in three more rounds, we will have a definitive answer. In the meantime, Insanolord may want to grab a Snickers.

Old Snickers Commercial
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 12:13:28 AM by "King Gong" Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2021, 12:30:41 AM »
TOPHATANT123 - Here is a player who has been on fire of late. This is TOPHATs 9th time playing Safe Words yet he has twice won this game and been the last player standing. With his Final Four appearance this game, it marks the third consecutive game that he has made it to the Final Four (Safe Words 15, 16 and 17) tying him with Insanolord, ShyGuy and Stratos at being able to pull off such a thing. Not only that, TOPHATANT's second win came in Safe Words 15 and he almost became the first player to win back-to-back Safe Words games only to fall just short of the mark by finishing in 2nd place last game (Safe Words 16). No other player who has won Safe Words has ever been able to reach the Final Round the next game until TOPHATANT123 did that last game. He won Safe Words 15 by beating Insanolord in the Final Round and lost Safe Words 16 when facing MASB in the final round. Both of those players are back in the Final Four this game. Will we see a rematch or something completely different? Will TOPHATANT123 be able to win his 3rd Safe Words game and tie ShyGuy with the Most Safe Words Wins? Of the four players in the Final Four, TOPHATANT123 is the only one to have not yet had control of the bomb word. He's been able to safely avoid the bomb words so far but can he keep it up as the margin for error further shrinks down? Or will he get control of its selection at just the right time and be able peak at the right moment again? How long is he going to stay hot?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2021, 12:49:51 AM »
MASB - In contrast to Insanolord, like Mr. Bungle, this is only MASB's second Safe Words game but he's already won doing so in his first game. He is the third player in the history of this game to have won it on their first try. Ceric was the first in Safe Words 1 (which was obviously going to be the first try for someone) and Discord.RSS/Steefosaurus accomplished it with his first game in Safe Words 12.

MASB has promptly followed up that win by once again making it to the Final Four for the second time in a row and is now attempting to do what no player has been able to accomplish yet which is to win back-to-back games of Safe Words. In this game, MASB has had control of the bomb word two times tying him with Insanolord this game for the most times a player has had control of the bomb word. Up to this point, the only players who have had control of the bomb word have been MASB, Insanolord and BeautifulShy although Mr. Bungle now joins their ranks having gained control for Round 6.

Will his luck continue to hold? Is MASB an even hotter player right now than TOPHATANT123? Or will TOPHATANT123 return the favor this game and deny MASB the second win in a row? Perhaps MASB will instead swap places with Mr. Bungle, the other second time player, in regards to how they finished last game and come in third while Mr. Bungle takes the crown? Dare I even say it? Might we see a bonkers final of MASB vs Insanolord, a match-up of an undefeated player vs the all-time Safe Words luckless leader? Is that what all their bomb word choosing has been leading up to?

I don't know about you but I can't wait to see how all this intrigue plays out. Now That's What I Call.... A Safe Words Final Four!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 10:07:13 AM by "King Gong" Khushrenada »

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2021, 04:53:08 AM »
The competition is really hotting up. Kudos to everyone for making it this far, but this is the end of the roads for ya >:(

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2021, 12:47:52 PM »
The competition is really hotting up. Kudos to everyone for making it this far, but this is the end of the roads for ya >:(

TOPHATANT123 is a boy band now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKO6XYXioc
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Round 6!
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2021, 01:48:05 PM »
Can't believe I missed the partyline!  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2021, 01:50:22 PM »
Bomb Word selection has been locked in. Round 6 has arrived.

It is NWR_Insanolord who gets the honor of starting this round. He's now performing at various College bowls across the US and could use a current hip song to help keep the crowd energy up and motivated. Fortunately, I happen to have a few songs to offer with a very hefty licensing fee. Which of these choices can I sucker him into:

49ers - Don't You Love Me
Bizz Nizz - Don't Miss The Partyline
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
Jimmy Somerville - Read My Lips (Enough is Enough)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2021, 07:30:48 PM »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2021, 07:53:14 PM »
Jimmy Somerville's lively pop anthem is a hit with the college crowd and Insanolord gets a lot of buzz from music critics as being an up and coming artist to keep an eye on. Should I let him retire now while things are going good and there's been no Safe Words tragic ending yet?

Read my lips. Not gonna do it!

This brings us back to the Newer Kids on the Block, TOPHATANT123. Having just one hit single to the group's name, they now need a bunch of filler in order to pump out an album for their growing fans. Who do they want to duet with in order to add something current to their album and give them more exposure?

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2021, 08:01:21 AM »
Duets are tricky man. There's no way we wanna be upstaged by a bunch of posers, but at the same time any publicity is good publicity right? How about we meet somewhere in the middle?

Ayyyyyy, okay I've got to go with this one. 49ers - Don't You Love Me

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2021, 12:34:21 PM »
LOL! Safe Words is now influencing Big YouTube!

The duet just hits the sweet spot of working for everyone and TOPHATANT123 gets their album out for their diehard fans.

Now we come to MASB. Not sure what benefit concert he's been booked for now but if he's looking for a special guest to join him for it then his options are limited after waiting this long to get in contact with me. All I have left to offer are:

Our first round to go the distance. Either MASB or Mr. Bungle will be advancing depending on the choice made now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2021, 12:39:46 PM »
Duets are tricky man. There's no way we wanna be upstaged by a bunch of posers, but at the same time any publicity is good publicity right? How about we meet somewhere in the middle?

Ayyyyyy, okay I've got to go with this one. 49ers - Don't You Love Me
LOL I posted that same comment on all the music videos selected. I was wondering who liked my comment.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2021, 02:02:57 PM »
I pick Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence. With the Frozen movies' popularity, being royalty from the snow regions has never been so cool. The kids will come for the snow tunes and the adults will come for the nose flute!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2021, 06:41:36 PM »
Unfortunately, MASB severely overestimated the appeal of the nose flute as instead shocked parents hurriedly rushed their children out of the arena and called the cops for gross indecency. This led to MASB being arrested by the police and charged with obscenity. At the trial, crowds outside were protesting both sides of the argument...

It was all the nation could talk about for weeks. It was dominating the airwaves so much that 2 Live Crew had to quickly release another album to get people talking about their antics again. In the end, the judge sided in favor of The People and banned MASB from performing live for 2 years. Undeterred and angered by the verdict, MASB said he'd put on a show and really give people something to complain about. He confided with a few friends about what he planned to do which was to tear up a picture of the Pope. Unfortunately, one of the friends he told this to was Sinead O'Conner who liked the idea so much she wanted her for herself. Using her connection with the Irish Mafia, she arranged to have MASB taken out before he could perform his idea.

And so, a few days before the concert as MASB was starting up his car to get to the theatre he'd been practicing at....

We know the history of how things played out. Sinead O'Conner ripped the Pope's picture on SNL, Depeche Mode wrote the song Condemnation over what happened with MASB's obscenity trial, I sued Depeche Mode for part ownership of the song claiming that they would never have made it if I hadn't booked them for that concert, the judge disagreed and I was out a few million dollars while Depeche Mode fired me as their agent for suing them. The loss of money couldn't have come at a worst time as now the Irish Mob is upset about me blowing up some Irish hospital a few months back and I don't remember doing anything of the sort.

I really need some money fast. I hope the few groups I'm still the agent of will have a big career in the 90s here since I feel I'm going to need some long term cash flow with the way things have been going down of late.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Round 7!
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2021, 06:50:09 PM »
MASB's undefeated streak is over and another quest to win back-to-back Safe Words has ended in failure again. That means TOPHATANT123 will be selecting the bomb word for the next round. I had to work some overtime this weekend so I wasn't able to write about the result of MASB's pick until now. However, since I knew the result, I sent off a notice to TOPHATANT123 so that he could choose the bomb word and I've already got that selection so we don't even have to wait for Round 7 to begin.

Hosting Tip - Be proactive where you can. You don't have to wait until you've posted the result of a player's choice before contacting the player who selects the next bomb word. You can do that as soon as the player has posted their selection and then post the result of the eliminated player.

Round 7 begins with a return to Mr. Bungle who's bomb word choice just took out MASB. Can he safely select something from the following choices:

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2021, 08:08:27 PM »

After the California tour we all went out separate ways. Mike Patton went on to co-found Ipecac Recordings and lead several bands including Fantomas and Tomahawk. Trey Spruance also formed a label, Web of Mimicry and formed the Secret Chiefs 3. Trevor Dunn formed his own jazz band, Trio Convulsant. They were all pretty successful with touring and releasing indie records in the US.
Danny Heifetz and Clinton McKinnon moved to Australia though and seemed to be having a harder time making it in the Aussie music scene. We asked King Gong if he had any performers that were popular down under. He said that Bizz Nizz had added a vocalist duo and were performing as 2 Unlimited. Apparently their first single Get Ready For This was No. 2 on the charts in Australia. He seemed really nervous and kept wiping his nose, but assured us that once we got Danny and Clinton in the studio with 2 Unlimited they would cut a single that would be No.1. Last time we saw him he was getting into a plane headed for Sydney with a trash bag full of money.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2021, 03:42:45 AM »
Down under is the place to be and Mr. Bungle is now bigger than Crocodile Dundee! Unfortunately, being big in Australia doesn't seem to be translating to big bucks in the USA after the exchange rate. Fortunately, I also heard that Insanolord is big in Japan and is now planning a tour there. Hopefully I can convince him to take one of these acts along:

(Mr. Bungle has punched his way to the Final Round and now it is just a matter of finding out who will join him between Insanolord and TOPHATANT123. If Insanolord is correct then he will move and have control of the bomb word. If Insanolord fails here then TOPHAT will advance but Mr. Bungle will be selecting the bomb word.)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2021, 04:32:25 AM »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2021, 01:42:20 PM »
Godzilla ain't got nothing on Insanolord. That's how big he is in Japan! The tour is a huge success!

Meanwhile, the TOPHATANT123 band got invited to appear on Late Night with David Letterman. Unfortunately, things fell apart for their performance....

There was a lot of awkward fumbling with their instruments and sound to get things together and finally they just ran off the stage in embarrassment as the show went to an commercial. The appearance gained a lot of notoriety and Letterman made jokes about it on his show for a couple weeks. As a result, TOPHATANT123 lost all their cool factor and suddenly became passe.

Trying to quickly salvage their image, the group put on a free concert at Central Park. Unfortunately, still being awkward clumsy teens going through growth spurts led to this unfortunate moment with the drummer...

He tumbled into the pyrotechnic display where he spontaneously combusted causing it to explode around the crowd.

And that sealed the book on TOPHATANT123's music career. Meanwhile, Jimmy Somerville, who had been stuck touring with them through this because of my contract said, read... well, you can probably guess what he said. He buggered off to England leaving. Why do all my clients seem to be fleeing across the Atlantic from me?

Meanwhile, the IRS is now figuring out that I've been paying for a lot of illicit substances instead of my taxes and are demanding a lot of money. It's been a sobering experience. When I look at my client list, I suddenly realized I don't seem to have many. Who are these people? People hang up when I call them. Where am I going to get a lot of dough. Hopefully, one of these acts that have suddenly become big overseas will remember me for the help I gave them in doing so and help an old friend out...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 03:35:51 PM by "King Gong" Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2021, 01:45:36 PM »
With that, the Final Round has been determined. Mr. Bungle vs Insanolord. One of these players will soon win their first game of Safe Words. Insanolord controls the bomb word so only Mr. Bungle will be making a selection when the Final Round begins.

As for TOPHATANT123, he placed 1st in Safe Words 15, 2nd in Safe Words 16 and now 3rd in Safe Words 17. I guess we'll see him in 4th at Safe Words 18. Now That's What I Call... Sequential Order!

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2021, 02:31:09 PM »
Will Insanolord go all the way this time?!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... The Final Round!
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2021, 08:33:54 PM »
The bomb word has been chosen. The Final Round has now begun.

Mr. Bungle, which option will you take?

or

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... The Final Round!
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2021, 01:04:28 PM »
Sorry to keep everyone waiting but that is what we did. For almost 20 years we denied rumors of a reunion while rabid fans developed Bungle Fever. That all changed last year when Mike, Trey, and Trevor reunited to play a small number of US shows. We were joined by metal legends Scott Ian (Anthrax) and Dave Lombardo (Slayer) and even re-recorded our very first demo, The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny. Naturally, King Gong shows up as soon as he smells money to be made and begs us to collaborate with one of the few acts that will still talk to him. I mean, we already worked with both of these groups based on rather tenuous connections. But since Danny and Clinton are still in Australia, having not come back for the reunion, it would not make sense for us to work Bizz Nizz again. After all, we are a California band and California is the home of the 49ers. So that brings us to the present day and only leaves one unanswered question - Don't You Love Me?