Author Topic: Mafia 79: Nintendo of America Power Struggle - Day 2  (Read 4774 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Mafia 79: Nintendo of America Power Struggle - Day 2
« on: March 08, 2019, 12:40:04 PM »
As a late entry to the race for NoA President, Stratos had a target on his back, and it didn’t take long for the rest of the company to turn on him. Meanwhile, in the bowels of NCL headquarters, Shuntaro Furukawa decided that a family friendly company like Nintendo simply couldn’t be associated with cat eaters, and quickly moved to terminate Mop it up. While all this was happening, Doug Bowser was lurking in the shadows, quietly waiting to take out who he saw as his greatest threat, BeautifulShy.

Day 1 Results

Stratos, the Townie, was killed by the vote.
Mop it up, the Townie, was killed by the Mafia.
BeautifulShy, the Townie, was killed by the Killer.

Day 2 will run through noon Eastern on Sunday, March 10 unless a majority of living players vote for one player.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I'm extending the day 12 hours. It will now end at 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, March 10.

Living Players

Pokepal148
ShyGuy
NWR_drewmg
Lolmonade
Steefosaurus
Nickmitch
Decoyman
Morningshark
Stevey
Lucario
Mop it up's Cat
ThePerm
Cutestopher
MASB

Dead

Stratos - Townie
Mop it up - Townie
BeautifulShy - Townie
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:48:10 AM by NWR_insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 79: Nintendo of America Power Struggle - Day 2
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 02:35:08 PM »
Lost a lot of good people (and one potential cat eater) yesterday. I thank everybody for letting this cat keep 6 of its 9 lives (3 were lost in escaping some of my owner's cat culinary attempts) but it is still sad to see so many townies go down early.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 05:08:20 PM »
well, that was a series of unfortunate events.

i thought stratos was going to be suspect, but he's out.  so with that in mind...

vote Mop it up's Cat
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 05:59:06 PM »
Wow  I cant believe how much this sucks. Three townies gone. I think Drew is on to something...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 07:53:20 PM »
UNVote Mop it Up's Cat aka Khushrenada
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:24:02 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline Cutestopher

• 2Cute4Me
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 08:05:59 PM »
If a man can’t trust his cat who is he to trust? I’ll follow with this vote Vote Mop It Up Cat
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:37:55 PM by Cutestopher »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 09:12:36 PM »
Howdy fellow CEO candidates, it's just me your humble co-candidate with an inflated, borderline fraudulent résumé. Name's Lude Bawx, and to be honest most of my experience comes from an industry only tangentially related to gaming - marketing virtual poker machines!

My plan for Nintendo is revolutionary: pander to fanboys, get 'em hooked on gambling games of skill, and then mine their wallets for every last penny using exploitative exciting, semi-random chance-based reward systems!

That said, while my opinion of meatwallets gaming enthusiasts may be low, I am deeply fond of animals and will not sit idly by whilst witnessing their abuse. Thus I will come to Mop It Up's Cat aid, believing them to be an excellent back-up candidate for the job in case I will suddenly need to move to Bermuda. Vote Pokepal148

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 09:24:33 PM »
Ok well I have till sunday to analyze how people voted, but I think my sample size is still too low.

I'm weary of large bandwagon voting given that there is a bomber around and how many times I've been killed in Mafia by bombers. I think it's like 5 times now. I should have learned my lesson the other 4 times.

3 townies last night, so that means there are less chances of accidentally voting on a townie. That's good.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 12:37:17 AM »
Daan stole that plate you wanted, Pokepal!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 12:49:09 AM »
IKR, hey Insanolord, can you sign Daan up so we can vote him out?

You can't just go around stealing people's face plates. That ain't right.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 08:17:19 PM »
From high atop a shelf in the NoA executive offices, Chibi robo had silently watched the bloodbath. Again, his dark, unblinking eyes belied his true feelings. Without a word, he rose and leapt from the shelf. He fell, air whizzing by and ground rapidly approaching, gyro sensors spinning wildly. He hit the ground with a crunch, squarely on his left arm. From the sound, it was clear that the arm was damaged likely beyond repair, and a quick visual inspection confirmed. It was mangled, twisted and bent in an unnatural direction. Chibi regarded it coldly for a moment, as something other than a part of himself, then without hesitation reached over with his right claw and ripped his left arm clean off in a shower of sparks and oil.

Telly, watching from a distance in absolute shock, began moving toward Chibi but reconsidered and fluttered into the shadows. Chibi dropped his severed left arm, put on his Drake Redclaw costume, the helmet which now had a cracked visor, and cauterized the damage with a shot from his blaster. With a festive chime, his head-lid popped open and out came his pink spoon. Without a word (or an exclamation panel, he skipped off into the ventilation tunnels.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 08:57:17 PM »
What a rough night. All the smiles are on all the wrong faces! :(

Vote Mop It Up's Cat
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 12:24:32 AM »
Think you guys are falling for the bomber be careful! Look what happened to king bom-omb!
Made you look ****.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 12:45:22 AM »
Hey guys! Happy Mar10 Day! Krysta and I celebrated with a Mario's Enemies Character Bracket. We each vote on the various qualities of Mario's enemies to decide who will come out on top! Watch the fun, like and subscribe at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKNj9y7L-6I.

We have a clip at the beginning of the video showing some post-show action where Krysta makes me invisible! She said it was for my own protection, given the current situation at NOA. She's such a great friend! Always looking out for me.

I must admit, I'm somewhat perturbed at yesterday's events. After talking on the Nintendo Power Line, I was lead to believe that Billy Berghammer had voted for Stratos. Always trusting Billy's impeccable judgement, I voted likewise. Yet I see on this forum that Billy did no such thing.

I think I'm getting played here. Will the real Billy Berghammer please stand up? I'll put a question to this forum's "Billy" and the Nintendo Power Line "Billy" to see which one is real.

When you were in Japan for the GameCube launch, who was first in line at your store?

Whoever answers correctly will greatly influence my stragety. I 'm not even thinking of being the next next NOA President, but I know Billy's going straight to the top. After all, he's been the top dog in at least three different organizations, so NOA would be a piece of cake to him.

Maybe he'd make me the king of the Redwood City division which would put me in line as the next next Vice-President of Corporate Communications!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 12:52:19 AM »
You're questioning me, Kit? Go back to Konami!

Hong was first in line.

That being said, I think I'm changing my vote to Chibi Robo. His little robot mind has been warped and damaged from working for the worst family in the world. UNVote Decoyman
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 11:51:28 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 01:15:15 AM »
Aw man! :( Sorry Billy! But can you blame me? If you can't trust the Nintendo Power Line, who can you trust?! Clearly, this conspiracy or whatever you want to call it, has reached the sacred corridors of Redmond. Can Redwood City be far behind? *shudder*

As for Konami, if things go south, I do have an offer from them to shill gambling videogames in Las Vegas. I guess that's not much different than Fire Emblem Heroes and Draglia Lost.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 01:29:30 AM »
My microphone is picking up a lot of talk from this Chibi Robo fellow but very little actual content within his words. He seems to be quite a busy little thing in the day thread and I admire him greatly for it (and he has graciously provided great games like Chibi Robo Zip Lash and Chibi Robo Photo Finder that can be played on 3DS systems such as yours truly) but he seems unwilling to actually contribute anything of value to the discussion (specifically a vote for us to overanalyze and twist ourselves into a knot trying to figure out if he's Mafia or not.) Thankfully I have both front and rear facing cameras so if he tries to pull something behind our backs I'll be sure to let you kno.... HEY, what are you doing!?!? Don't put me in sleep mod-zzzz

vote Decoyman

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 04:46:16 AM »
Something came up that means I'm not going to be around during the day today so I'm going to go ahead and extend the day 12 hours until 11:59 p.m. Eastern. I'm sorry if this inconveniences anyone.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:48:36 AM by NWR_insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 04:56:49 AM »
I was going to ask whether the time change was going to cost the voting time period an hour but I accept this extra 12 hour compromise. It will allow me to get more naps in. I thought with Mop it up gone, I'd finally be able to get some sleep but it appears that there are other people who just see me as a piece of meat so I can't get the long rest I need.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 11:56:01 AM »
The day continues...

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 04:06:52 PM »
Hey! I got a streetpass!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 10:09:49 PM »
I've been debating whether I want to save myself this game or just let things be and get eliminated. The truth is, I haven't really wanted to eliminate anyone since I like everyone here and would rather see as many players here win as possible. While I may not have had the killer instinct needed to vote out other players, I suppose I should say something to help out the other players who are on my side.

I am just a townie this game. Voting me out will not help those on the townie side as it will just further reduce our numbers and allow the mafia and killer a chance to pick more of us off.

I'm not sure why there was a bandwagon that was quick to form on me for Day 2. Perhaps it is from the result of so many good veteran players getting eliminated quickly on Day 1. Yet, to say I was able to arrange or orchestrate that is illogical. Thus, I find it suspicious that so many were quick to vote for me and did so without any real reason given along with their vote.

I notice that Cutestopher has been quick to try and start bandwagons. On Day 1, Lucario voted ShyGuy and Cutestopher joined him in his first post. Later, ShyGuy voted Stratos and Cutestopher quickly joined ShyGuy in that vote. Today, I had two votes and Cute was quick to jump on that bandwagon. I'm not sure why I seem more suspicious than a person who seems to be trying to get any kind of bandwagon vote going both days. I know it can be hard to vote out a new player early in a game since we don't want to seem mean or unwelcoming to new players but, based on the small amount of activity so far, he seems like the choice most worth pursuing.

Vote Cutestopher

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 10:10:39 PM »
If a man can’t trust his cat who is he to trust?

Allow me to show you how much you can trust a cat.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 10:59:00 PM »
vote Cutestopher

I'm going to sign onto Khush's logic, I don't think he would kill Mop or B-shy so while he could still be a Mafia goon or bomber I trust him way more than pretty much anyone else in this game.

Besides, he still plays his 3DS sometimes, and such devotion needs to be rewarded.