Community Forums > General Chat

NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto

(1/596) > >>

Soren:
---If you can't see the videos, remove the "s" from https on your address bar and try again---

Sure, teh b-ball doesn't get the love around these parts as other sports. We don't have our fearless leader talking about the Milwaukee Bucks on Twitter. Or get bonus segments on podcasts like hockey does. But who cares. This thread is all about celebrating our love for the roundball. Cue the music!

Even after losing a crushing 7 games series, and with their MVP/human cheat code Stephen Curry playing below his ungodly self during the Finals the Warriors are still far and away the favorite to win the 2016-17 NBA Championship. Not only do they boast the core of Curry, human microwave Klay Thompson, habitual nut puncher Draymond Green and all around old guy Andre Iguadola but they've made a few notable additions.

An MVP going to a fully stacked team seems unfair, but there's fair question to how Durant will mesh with the rest of the offense, and how shots will be distributed from now on. There's also the question of depth and avoiding injury. Also, we need centers. But never fear because...

We also have Zaza Pachulia! The man who's biggest claim to fame is the video above. In addition he was nearly voted to the All-Star game this year thanks to the votes from his home country of Georgia.

Need more reason to root for this super team? Well, you'll certainly love the hijinks of one JaVale Lindy McGee! Don't know who he is? Check out this "highlight" reel!

In addition to all that glorious talent we also have your usual assortment of unabashed ring chasers (David West), scrappy guys off the bench (Shaun Livingston, Anderson Varejao), scrubs (James Michael McAdoo, Ian Clark, Kevon Looney) and rookies who fell into a golden opportunity but will never play (Damian Jones, Patrick McCaw).

So what are you waiting for? Come join the hype train! Warriors always come out to play!

Adrock:
The Warriors replaced an unreliable Harrison Barnes with a top three player. There's going to be an adjustment at the beginning of the year then total and utter domination for the rest and into the playoffs. The only times they'll lose is if they get bored on defense toward the end of the season well after they've locked up home court. See last year when The Lakers managed to beat them in a game that meant nothing to no one.

Speaking of, I sincerely hope The Lakers are terrible again this year. I want another top three pick which has the added benefit of making the first round pick owed to Orlando into two second round picks. Sure, it makes the 2018 pick conveyed to The Sixers unprotected, but adding one more young piece to their already decent young core would be nice. Only The Timberwolves may have a better young core. Otherwise, this will be a growth year for the team without Kobe high jacking the offense. I think Russell and Ingram have the potential to be All-stars.

BlackNMild2k1:
JaVale Mcgee is coming to the Warriors!?

LMAO, his clips on Shaq'tin A Fool are all I know about him, but this should make for a comical season in all the best and worst (in the best) ways possible.

Oh, and don't forget that 3 of the Warriors Starting 5 are starting on the Olympic Dream Team right now.
Durant, Clay & Green seem to play well together from the limited amount of clips I've seen of Olympic Trial highlites.
If Curry had shown up... we would be previewing next season already.

edit: Oh and Soren.... +1 from me, for biting the bullet on thread creation here.

nickmitch:

--- Quote from: Adrock on August 06, 2016, 12:07:08 AM ---Yes, the Warriors were the best team last year (that Draymond Green suspension was bullshit and ruined the Finals).

--- End quote ---

That nutchecker deserved that suspension.  He should've suspended in the previous series after hit hit the same player in the nuts in back-to-back in the previous series.  That should've cost the Warriors the Conference Finals.

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: nickmitch on August 06, 2016, 05:34:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: Adrock on August 06, 2016, 12:07:08 AM ---Yes, the Warriors were the best team last year (that Draymond Green suspension was bullshit and ruined the Finals).

--- End quote ---

That nutchecker deserved that suspension.  He should've suspended in the previous series after hit hit the same player in the nuts in back-to-back in the previous series.  That should've cost the Warriors the Conference Finals.

--- End quote ---

He should have been suspended in the OKC series... I agree with that. But you forget that the Warriors lost the game after that happened anyway. so a Green suspension may not have changed anything with the outcome of that series.

The Finals though... that was some grade A fuckery from above (and I mean top of the NBA food chain) with the post game fix. The way they went back, moved the call that was made on an aggressive rebound attempt, to a series of fouls that were never called during the game (even though the ref stood right there several feet away and watched the whole altercation from beginning to end yet never blew his damn whistle during any of it), just so that they could "upgrade" them unevenly to a Tech and a Flagrant, and then claim that the call they made didn't suspend him, but automatically triggered a suspension, was such bullshit that I couldn't help but laugh at it all.

Of course, none of that excuses the Warriors for losing any of the following games, especially game 7. Game 6 tho... wow. The Fixer was in on that one. and if you don't know who I'm talking about, check the ref that made the last 4 calls on Curry to foul him out. 2 of those were total BS, 1 was questionable, and one was stupid on Curry's part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version