Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157512 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4526 on: March 02, 2021, 07:47:57 PM »
Hindsight is 20/20
No pun intended.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: March 04, 2021, 05:17:34 PM »
I haven't seen a single episode of What if!? yet, and now i need this to be part of the 2nd half....

How would this play out?
Scott may still survive and come back, but how do they figure out the Time Travel issue w/o Banner or Tony?
Could Hank Pym step up and be a team player? Atleast they would've had unlimited Pym Particles to play with.
Janet Pym may be of great use as well.
Shuri with all her tech?
Dr. Strange and his magic.... maybe his 14 millionth and 1 solution?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 05:33:25 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4528 on: March 04, 2021, 05:22:10 PM »
That is a very cool idea.  The solution they come up with will be very different.  Didn't Doctor Strange say there could win 2 ways? 

Maybe their solution doesn't bring everyone back perfectly...or maybe their solution is better because they are more powerful members.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: March 04, 2021, 05:35:12 PM »
Or maybe their solution doesn't have the 5 year time skip at all as Scott wasn't lost in the Quantum realm for 5 years.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4530 on: March 05, 2021, 01:39:49 AM »
True.  But also if it was fully the other half Scott would not be trapped in the Quantum realm because wasp and Hank would pull him out...they would immediately have the knowledge of the potential for Time Travel.  They could have a Time Travel adventure again, but going to assist in the places where Thanos got the Stones in the first place.  (Secretly Catching Gamora before she dies.) Kinda like a Heist movie...steal the stones before Thanos does while making him believe he has the stones.  Then at the end when he snaps like he did in the first battle it doesn't work. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: March 05, 2021, 03:52:37 PM »
What if? Should do star wars too.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: March 05, 2021, 04:28:14 PM »
What If?  Professor Xavier met Captain Picard!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: March 06, 2021, 08:32:25 PM »
What if? Should do star wars too.

There was an old comic series of Star Wars called "Other Worlds" that was a bit like that if I recall. Really wonky and more focused on placing the characters in very different and bizarre situations. So there is a precedence for the ides in Star Wars. Some Star Wars youtubers do a great job with 'what if' scenarios so would be (or in Marvel's case will be) nice to see these ideas fleshed out with proper professional animations and voicework.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4534 on: March 08, 2021, 05:04:44 PM »
There was another weird Star Wars Story that retold the first trilogy (4,5,6) main story but changed it in strange ways.  One was that Darth Vader lived.  I didn't collect comics back then so I remember reading the last episode with Vader alive all in White instead of black, and I wanted to read more to see if they could tell an interesting story with Vader being good. 

If I was to do a What If Star Wars Story, I think the story arc I would follow is Samuel L. Jackson's Jedi killing the Emperor in that Battle, and Anakin witnessing the slaughter of an old man that he believed was his friend.  It fueled a hatred for the Jedi order that made them look evil.  The death of the Emperor leads Anakin to turn the senate against the Jedi after he renounces their ways, and the senate orders Order 66 as an official vote.  After Padma gives a stirring speech against the Jedi after she talks to Anakin.  This is a far more compelling story. 

You have the problem of the Emperor not being the the original series, but that What If story could be that Darth Vader takes that role after he is left for dead by his master.  Or you have Samuel L. Jackson's character having killed a clone, and the Emperor saves Anakin revealing he did this to reveal the truth that the Jedi council is not so righteous or "good" that the dark side is not an evil...making Darth Vader a true believer.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:12:22 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4535 on: March 09, 2021, 12:12:44 AM »
I haven't seen a single episode of What if!? yet, and now i need this to be part of the 2nd half....

How would this play out?
Scott may still survive and come back, but how do they figure out the Time Travel issue w/o Banner or Tony?
Could Hank Pym step up and be a team player? Atleast they would've had unlimited Pym Particles to play with.
Janet Pym may be of great use as well.
Shuri with all her tech?
Dr. Strange and his magic.... maybe his 14 millionth and 1 solution?

So, Dr. Strange could get them back to Earth right away, since it was his portal that got them all to the final fight, right?  My first thought was that Captain Marvel barely got to Tony in time, and with all the extra people, and no Captain Marvel to save them, they'd never make it to Earth.  But that shouldn't be an issue.  I imagine they could use the short window before Thanos destroys the stones to recoup them.  The plan they came up with on Titan would likely work with Wanda and the rest added to the fight in place of Tony and Nebula.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: March 11, 2021, 09:09:48 PM »
New FatWS TV Spot
https://twitter.com/amogatto_/status/1368774115365060608?s=20

youtube version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyrlYjSPlhk

Now remember this was originally supposed to come out before WandaVision, which just makes the banter in this all the more funny.

Guess they didn't hear about "The Westview Incident" or remember Wanda pulling some magical **** in AoU, CW, and IW.

and who wants some Character posters!!!?
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1368951443126775809?s=20

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 01:47:57 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: March 13, 2021, 12:28:57 PM »
Last night was weird. When WandaVision ended but The Falcon and the Winter Solider hasn’t premiered:

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4538 on: March 13, 2021, 02:51:08 PM »
Yeah, what the hell were we supposed to do? Spend time with our famil-oh, wait. . . :(

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: March 13, 2021, 07:42:57 PM »
there is a Marvel Assembled show that goes behind the scenes to watch.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: March 14, 2021, 02:26:22 PM »
I just realised that Wandavision contradicts Agents of Shield S4. They really dont pay attention to the Marvel Television produced shows no matter how much they say they do.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: March 14, 2021, 05:35:24 PM »
Regardless of what we want, nothing produced by Marvel Television is cannon to the MCU.

Even though AoS spun off of Avengers, it's almost as if it happened in the Multi-verse.
so as long as you think "Multi-verse" it shouldn't bother you too much that none of it happened in the Feige-verse

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: March 16, 2021, 12:07:02 PM »
Get Hyped!!!
I am, and I saw this yesterday while putzing around The Youtube.

While it’s so tempting to keep watching these trailers, I think I need to stop watching them (though doubtful if I have the willpower). They tend to spoil a lot. Marvel probably didn’t need Hulk to hype Thor: Ragnarok and definitely didn’t need Spider-Man to hype Captain America: Civil War.

That said, to circle back to The Falcon and The Winter Solder, Zemo in the mask definitely got me hyped, but I was going to watch the show anyway. I know I would have had to pause and yell if I saw Zemo when the episode premiered especially if they managed to keep Daniel BrĂĽhl off the cast list.

How does everyone else feel about the trailers?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4544 on: March 17, 2021, 03:26:33 PM »
I tend to think they save enough for the actual productions to make the trailers worth watching.  Hulk being a surprise for Thor: Ragnarok would've been cool, but it's not like the movie needed the "reveal" or "twist" to make it work.

As for F&TWS, I'm hoping they have some more surprises up their sleeve other than Zemo in the mask.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4545 on: March 18, 2021, 05:42:45 PM »
I've only watched the two actual trailers. I don't bother with all the TV spots and the "mid season trailers". No need to see all that extra stuff. I've seen enough and looking forward to it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: March 23, 2021, 05:41:07 PM »
Black Widow sees delay to July 09, 2021
now releases on Theaters and on D+ Premiere Access same day!!!
https://deadline.com/2021/03/black-widow-cruella-disney-plus-theaters-day-and-date-release-1234720116/

Who's making their way to the theater for BW?
who's just gonna invite over 30 of your closest friends and family and charge $1 per head to rent the movie?

edit:
And Shang Chi is moving to Sept. 3rd.

Eternals keeps it's Nov date.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 12:36:24 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: March 24, 2021, 12:25:36 AM »
also looks like Hawkeye is already getting a spinoff for a character named Echo
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/hawkeye-disney-plus-echo-spinoff-1234934667/

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: March 24, 2021, 05:12:10 AM »
Who's making their way to the theater for BW?
who's just gonna invite over 30 of your closest friends and family and charge $1 per head to rent the movie?

While that is the only way to justify the price, I'm still refusing to partake out of principal since I don't think Disney should be charging $30 for access to one film. If they REALLY want more revenue then offer a "premium" tier for an extra monthly fee, but I don't like that much either.

On the other hand I don't know if I really WANT to return to movie theaters in the next year or so, so I may just end up waiting for most films to come to general streaming in general, even MCU ones.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: March 24, 2021, 09:35:50 AM »
If you think about it, most everyone shares an account. They figure on average you may watch the movie with one other person if you rent it, and lots of household may actually have 4 people watching, or watch parties on rentals.
Just as the average person may not go to the theater to watch a movie alone.

So if $7.50 to $15 per head at the theater is the norm, then why would they give it to you for less to watch from the comfort of your home with access to a pause and rewind button and the ability to watch as many times as you wish in about 48hr period (or longer).

So justify the price by watching it with someone, splitting cost with a friend or two, or by having a small watch party.

It makes sense to me, even though I still wish it were cheaper too.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 05:04:58 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »