Author Topic: 3DS E-Shop Preview  (Read 3773 times)

Offline SupaKirb

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
3DS E-Shop Preview
« on: May 04, 2011, 01:51:25 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ6tYla7A8k

I just want something to hold me over before Ocarina of Time gets here man..

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS E-Shop Preview
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:31:18 AM »
Looks incredible. This is exactly what Wii Shop should have been.

Edit: On a side note, I noticed that they stream 3D videos to the handheld. Makes me more hopeful a jailbreak could let me do the same.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 12:06:12 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this update.  Mostly cause I want to buy/download some games onto my 3ds, so I can have a bigger selection of on board stuff carry around with me.  I will defiantly re buy some of the old game boy games to replay and just to have with me for the convenience factor.    I'm also a bit curious as to what from the DSI catalog will be compatible.  I never had a DSI, so there might be a few games in that area I will pick up.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 01:24:59 PM »
I know that the eShop update isn't supposed happen till end of may, but does anyone think it's possible that it will be delayed by about a week or so so that is can be launched at E3 instead?

Launched during the E3 conference actually, right after they detail the updates and kick it off with the 3DS portion of the conference being streamed in 3D to the 3DS.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »
I know that the eShop update isn't supposed happen till end of may, but does anyone think it's possible that it will be delayed by about a week or so so that is can be launched at E3 instead?

Launched during the E3 conference actually, right after they detail the updates and kick it off with the 3DS portion of the conference being streamed in 3D to the 3DS.
It need to be out a week early to get enough saturation to do the streaming.  I probably time it when the more detail invites hit.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »
Doubtful considering everyone would have to download the update and install it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »
If they were to announce to everyone to turn on their 3DS's at the start of the conference where an auto-update would take place, then by the time the 3DS portion comes up (after they go over charts and DS & Wii games) everyone should be able up-to-date and ready to go.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 01:52:21 PM »
That seems like an ideal way to form a bottleneck though. It would be simpler to tell everyone to bring their 3DS's and have it updated before they arrive.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 02:07:12 PM »
I would assume that the press and industry officials would already know to bring their 3DS's to the Nintendo conference and that Nintendo might have mentioned that to them in their conference invite.

And it would make sense for them to bring it with them because that is the only way to portray the 3D to the audience without handing them all a pair of 3D glasses, and since Nintendo's big thing is 3D w/o glasses....

Either way, I just thought it would be a good idea to advertise a 3DS update during the Nintendo 3D conference as a way to not only get everyone to update their 3DS, but to tune into the conference and be aware of whats coming up for Wii, 3DS & Nintendo in general (Cafe).

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 02:30:55 PM »
Ehh...it's not worth the strain. There's no real benefit.