Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 490041 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #2775 on: February 10, 2010, 12:07:01 AM »
Hi Maxi.
I'll be with you in about ten minutes. I'd like to come visit you, if that's all right.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2776 on: February 10, 2010, 12:11:48 AM »
That is fine. I just checked my town and I have my fruit back. I will turn back the clock some so that the store is open.

I will open my gate 10 mins from this post.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2777 on: February 10, 2010, 02:17:20 AM »
Nice playing with you Mop_it_up.
http://Http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=113715

The link above shows that starting today and going till the 15th in Europe Nintendo will be giving away a Pave clock
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: February 10, 2010, 03:17:29 AM »
I've never heard of that. And yet somehow, I find that must have it!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2779 on: February 10, 2010, 09:20:04 AM »
Pave is the character that hosts the Festivale event that happens on the 15th of Febuary.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: February 10, 2010, 04:32:18 PM »
Does anyone want to play tonight?

I'm not going anywhere today. This morning I took a look out my window, and I was like "Which one is my car?" I've been hibernating all day.

Lucky you. I couldn't sleep at all last night (I shoulda played with you guys!) and woke up knowing thered be tons of snow out. Woke up groggy, not wanting to go to work but did only to take a half day. Driving home was so much worse than driving to work, and I live on top of a huge hill so it wasn't easy getting to my parking spot. Once I got to the damn parking spot, my car got stuck trying to turn it around so I'd face the driveway tomorrow morning and not have a big hastle tomorrow morning. A small asthma attack after shoveling and risking hypothermia later.. and I took a niiiiiiiiiiiiice long nap in my warm bed, woke up and played AC for a bit. It was snowing in my town, so I turned off the game quickly.

Bleh.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: February 10, 2010, 04:35:09 PM »
Change the clock to Summer ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: February 10, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »
Nah lol, I've been very good about not jumping thru time with this version of the game. I'd like to keep it that way.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2783 on: February 10, 2010, 04:43:01 PM »
Does anyone want to play tonight?

I'm not going anywhere today. This morning I took a look out my window, and I was like "Which one is my car?" I've been hibernating all day.

Lucky you. I couldn't sleep at all last night (I shoulda played with you guys!) and woke up knowing thered be tons of snow out. Woke up groggy, not wanting to go to work but did only to take a half day. Driving home was so much worse than driving to work, and I live on top of a huge hill so it wasn't easy getting to my parking spot. Once I got to the damn parking spot, my car got stuck trying to turn it around so I'd face the driveway tomorrow morning and not have a big hastle tomorrow morning. A small asthma attack after shoveling and risking hypothermia later.. and I took a niiiiiiiiiiiiice long nap in my warm bed, woke up and played AC for a bit. It was snowing in my town, so I turned off the game quickly.

Bleh.
It was snowing in my town when Mop_it_up came over. She didn't like it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: February 10, 2010, 04:47:09 PM »
I've noticed she doesn't like a lot of things in Animal Crossing. Any time i mentioned a cool neighbor of hers she tells me to take them with me back to town. What a mean neighbor!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: February 10, 2010, 04:50:15 PM »
Mr. Rogers she ain't ;)

Course, I offer bounties to my friends for getting some of the animals in my town to move out. Took forever to oust Truffles. I really didn't like her. And she also planted her house right in my beautiful and huge lawn. I should plant some trees there before another animal attempts to move that close to me.
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: February 10, 2010, 05:04:38 PM »
how do you make someone move out of someone elses town!?

oh and uhm...

Ms. Rogers she ain't ;)

*ahem* :P

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: February 10, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »
Won't you be somebody else's neighbor?

Seriously, I never get any cute animals in my town. I got this dog that looks like a clown, an ugly monkey, and two horses. What is it about my place that attracts these freaks?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: February 10, 2010, 07:16:44 PM »
I have two cute little squirrels and a fashionable rabbit. I used to have a pirate robin but she moved away when I wasn't looking...
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: February 10, 2010, 07:19:58 PM »
You guys don't know what you're talking about, you probably got great animals! I'm stuck with a bunch of low class hicks in my town. I've never ONCE seen a monkey in AC, i was amazed when I saw one in Coolville

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: February 10, 2010, 07:37:18 PM »
I wish we could trade villagers. I like the squirrels and cats.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: February 10, 2010, 10:01:02 PM »
I think i have like two cats in town.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: February 11, 2010, 04:11:47 AM »
I think animals that move out have a chance of moving to a friend's town that you regularly visit.

I think one of mine moved to DJ Unknown's town last Summer.

Oddly, I've not done anything in particular to try and keep the squirrels or make them leave. They are just there. I wonder if some animals are setup to never leave so you have a guaranteed consistency for your game. Others seem to want to move all the time and I have to try harder to convince them to stay.
My Game Collection

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2793 on: February 11, 2010, 11:18:33 AM »
I'm amazed so many of you are still actively playing this game.  I can't find the desire/time to keep up with it, given I'd usually prefer to spend video game playing time playing something I haven't played or completed before.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: February 11, 2010, 11:20:36 AM »
Honestly, half of the interest for me comes from our little community of players. If it weren't for Mop it up and Maxi especially I would have abandoned the game months ago. It's hard to find time to play it and play other games, so I understand where you are coming from.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2795 on: February 11, 2010, 11:28:27 AM »
I'm amazed so many of you are still actively playing this game.  I can't find the desire/time to keep up with it, given I'd usually prefer to spend video game playing time playing something I haven't played or completed before.
Well as Stratos mentioned it is the community aspect of the game. I played the GC game for 3 years.So the added online to this game will keep me going. Also I still have to complete my museum. I keep on playing because I like for people to be impressed with my town. Also there is the designing aspect of making different patterns and sprinkling my town with them.
Also there was a few memorable moments in the game when playing with others.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: February 11, 2010, 11:31:47 AM »
Honestly, half of the interest for me comes from our little community of players. If it weren't for Mop it up and Maxi especially I would have abandoned the game months ago. It's hard to find time to play it and play other games, so I understand where you are coming from.

Ditto, plus the desire to "finish" what i've started; ie paying off that damn debt and getting some of those bonuses like the Fountain and Windmill/lighthouse. I'm ALMOST done paying off the final debt from the house, and from there I can start trying to get the fountain, etc. It'll be a long while before I manage all this, and when I do it'll be a long while before I go back to playing the game.

Since we're on the subject of our lil AC community, I'd like to thank Mop_it_up once more (but this time in front of an audience) for helping clean up all the weeds in my town after 6 months of neglect, as well as planting some trees and even donating some fossils to my museum!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: February 11, 2010, 11:35:10 AM »
See the AC photo thread for examples of our quality moments. Like when I Mop it up and I walked in on GP and Maxi... ;)

My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: February 11, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »
PS if anyone has turnips, mine are going for 121b today. PM me if you wanna sell.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: February 11, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »
I never have turnips because I refuse to wake up that early on a Sunday.

That picture is epic, the timing couldn't have been better. That reminds me, I have some photos from New Years that I need to upload.