Author Topic: Silent Hill Discussion  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Ninja X

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Silent Hill Discussion
« on: August 23, 2003, 02:01:59 PM »
Just finished playing Silent Hill 3 and it is a great game...

Honestly, though, the story's about as whacked as can be, but I think I finally figured out much of it.  Especially the origins of Pyramid Head and Valtiel...

So...discuss about the series.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Gup

• View Profile
RE:Silent Hill Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 02:24:52 PM »
Really, really scary.  Part 2, that is.  I've yet to play the third installment, but I will eventually(I'm not too hooked with the series as RE).  
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 03:00:35 PM »
i do like the series a lot- not as much emphasis on jumpy scares like resident evil- these games play with your mind at times- i really like that a lot- it feels very different than most other horror games, and is truely scary- i love this series and it is highly suggested
i call the big one bitey.

Offline boggy b

• View Profile
RE: Silent Hill Discussion
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 01:04:59 AM »
Yeah, SH3 is brilliant, but a very different style to SH2. As for which one's more scary, I'd say SH2, but only in a dark room late at night. Otherwise its SH3.

BTW, which ending did you get, and what extra items did you get? I have the Heather Beam, Force Sabre, Unlimited Sub-Machine Gun and Flamethrower. First time through I got the ending where Heather kills God and leaves with Douglas, the other time I got 'Possessed' where she kills Douglas and walks off into the mist.
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 04:09:33 AM »
I finished Silent Hill 3 a while back now (it came out in June here in the UK), and I have to say that it's the best game of this type that I've played. Far better than any of the Resident Evil games, and better than any of the prequels. The awesome graphics (by PS2 standards) really help to immerse you in the atmosphere of the game, and the story is pretty good. One of the best games for the PS2 in my opinion.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 06:05:07 AM »
I still have to wait a month.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2003, 07:16:56 AM »
Silent Hill 3 is an amazing game indeed.  It's only glaring flaws is that the enemies are ridiculously too easy and the game itself is not very original compared to the first one.
Otherwise, an outstanding game.  Resident Evil 4 has some competition...

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 02:51:36 PM »
"It's only glaring flaws is that the enemies are ridiculously too easy"

yeah they were- i liked the weapons in this game though- it was a lot of fun to play through the game, and yes the puzzles in the game actually make sence (not these find 4 rings and place them in a door re style- some puzzles in the game actually make you think) but to me nothing beats the first weapon you get in silent hill 2- board with nail on the end of it- i think silent hill 3 was the best of the series though
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2003, 03:23:57 PM »
Silent Hill 3 is probably the best in the story.  Although SIlent Hill 2 comes close thanks to Pyramid Head...