Author Topic: Existing Ban On Dying Light Prevents Platinum Edition From Launching Digitally On Switch In Europe, Oceania  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Brought to you by the same laws that created Probotector.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/58720/existing-ban-on-dying-light-prevents-platinum-edition-from-launching-digitally-on-switch-in-europe-oceania

Due to a ban issued for one of the week's major ports several years ago, European and Australian eShops cannot purchase Dying Light: Platinum Edition.

The survival horror title was one of the last titles to be banned from sale in Germany when it launched on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 in early 2015; the laws were amended, but Dying Light was never cleared for release in Germany following the ban. As Nintendo's European offices are based out of Germany, this has prevented the game from being listed in the eShops for Europe and the UK, as well as Australia and New Zealand.

On the game's Reddit page, a Techland representative confirmed the ban is still in effect but they are working with authorities to clear the game for release - but there is no ETA at this time. European and Oceanic players who wish to play the game would either need to track down a physical copy of the game, or create a North American-region eShop account in order to purchase the game.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Why was it banned?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Excessive violence that they couldn't really patch around. It's the same rules that got Contra renamed in Europe.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.