Author Topic: Resident Evil 3ds!?!  (Read 33504 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 3ds!?!
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2010, 10:45:47 PM »
I don't think the game takes place exclusively on the ship. The last batch of images Capcom released a couple weeks ago included art of a crashed plane on a mountain and a slummy looking port town. It'd be a pretty short game if the entirety of it was on the ship only.

I hope the Revelations doesn't take too much of the action that RE4 and 5 brought to the series. I can understand wanting to make the series scary again considering Resident Evil is meant to be survival horror. However, I feel like it's less about the amount of ammo you have and more about the enemies you encounter. I remember being pretty freaked out when plagas burst out of villagers' heads in Resident Evil 4. No amount of bullets prepared me for that. The enemies have to be threatening again. In Resident Evil 4, they basically just got a little more resistant as you moved from the village to the castle and finally to the island, but they were still bullet fodder. In Resident Evil 5, the partner system as well as the ability to revisit older stages and find ammo/earn money to upgrade your weapons or buy new ones basically made anything but Very Hard mode a cakewalk.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2010, 01:29:41 AM »
If those are actual 3DS screenshots, then color me impressed, especially since it will be in 3D (obviously) as well.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »
Just saw some new video of this and The Mercenaries. They look pretty close to Resident Evil 4 more so than Resident Evil 5. The low-res screen on 3DS will probably help mask some of the muddy textures.

Prediction: About a year after both The Mercenaries and Revelations are released, Capcom will package both games onto one card, add some stuff (a side-mission in Revelations, levels/characters to Mercenaries etc.) and sell it at $10 less than full price. More reason to wait for a 3DS redesign.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2011, 04:26:11 PM »
Virus kills hordes of crickets raised for reptiles

"There is no cure for that virus, and there is no way to get the virus out of that facility"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110112/ap_on_re_us/us_food_and_farm_cricket_crisis

Could this play into a future BIOHAZARD plot? A whole facility infested with millions of zombie crickets, hopping around and chewing on cardboard...and no way to kill the virus.

The horror is too much to contemplate.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2011, 04:16:01 PM »
are they still edible tho
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2011, 11:30:40 PM »
Yea but.. you probably lose some of the protein :( :( :(
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2011, 08:11:43 AM »
Weren't there zombie bugs in RE4?
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2011, 04:52:05 PM »
RE: News
Revelations is a direct sequel to RE5 & Mercenaries hopeful to become a Franchise with DLC
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=155534
The following information comes from a Nintendo Power interview with Capcom's Masachika Kawata...

Speaking of development, and more info at E3:

"It''s going really well. Because the game is huge it's a lot of hard work, but when the weather gets a little warmer, we should be able to show more of it."

Speaking of direct sequel:

"Unlike Mercenaries, which is all about shooting action, Revelations is all about survival horror, the very genre Resident Evil established. We actually think of Revelations as a direct sequel to Resident Evil 5 and it will be full of new, innovative ideas and characters."

Speaking about Mercenaries hopefully becoming a franchise itself, and DLC:

"Should the Mercenaries establish itself as a franchise as we hope, we'll be looking into expanding the game through DLC, though of course we'd have to consult Nintendo regarding the specifics."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:32:30 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
RE: Rev - $39.99
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2012, 07:58:40 PM »

Capcom lowers RE: Revelations back down to $39.99
http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/?pref_tab=blog
Late last year we announced the console-sized adventure that is Resident Evil Revelations would arrive on a 4GB card instead of the standard 2GB card; this increase in memory size led to an increase in price as well, raising the retail cost to $49.99. And while we're confident in the game's value at that price (and the reviews reflect that sentiment as well), we're also exceedingly pleased to say that after weeks of effort, we've been able to lower the price to $39.99.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2012, 03:11:48 AM »
Not going to change a damn thing in New Zealand. They are still selling it for $99.99NZD or $82.48USD. I pre-ordered it else where for $47.95USD.

Capcom sure likes living on the edge, just winging the **** out of the english language.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2012, 03:33:00 AM »
I doubt any consumers will get those typo ones since Capcom issued a statement that they will fix the error in future shippings, though the ones the press got could go for some decent money on eBay.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »
I paid 40€ for it, that's 52 USD.

Pretty fun so far but the fast enemies that appear in the "sidestory" segments (the ones that don't follow Jill's story on the ship) really don't go along well with the controls that are designed more for slower combat.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »
What is it with CapCom and box art blunders? There was also that IGN watermark on Okami's box, and then they left off the Wii logo from the spine of Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 10:58:30 AM »
Pretty fun so far but the fast enemies that appear in the "sidestory" segments (the ones that don't follow Jill's story on the ship) really don't go along well with the controls that are designed more for slower combat.
You have the game already?! /jealous

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 01:13:40 PM »
Yeah, it completed my game registrations for a free copy of 3D Classics Kid Icarus.

I wonder how well it plays on the go, so far I played it at home with the sound on, playing without sound seems like it would be extremely hard since you have tunnel vision in this game and need to rely on sound to know what's going on outside of your small viewing area.

Raid mode really lets you learn the game mechanics in more detail. It shows damage values so you can learn where a foe has the thickest armor (the zoidbergs take more damage when shot into the arms than the torso, headshots do even more damage but arm shots seem more effective at making them flinch and shooting a zoidberg in the legs makes it fall over and crawl on the ground, still able to attack but much slower moving).  Oh also the finisher moves only work when the enemy is stunned (the leech tongue hangs out and the zoidberg stops moving), not just flinching.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2012, 04:23:06 PM »
Oh man, I have no idea what to do against those cockroach-fish things. No idea how to avoid their grab attack and no idea how to hit them reliably. They only show themselves very briefly which only allows a shot or two if you happen to be pointed their way already.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »
Neat, got an RE:R Streetpass. As a result I got two missions, one was just a gift (1x pistol ammo, no idea if that means one pack or one bullet) and the other is the task to kill a zombified version of the player I tagged in Raid mode.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2012, 08:20:22 PM »
UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE. NZ/AUS isn't considered the "same" region as Europe on Club Nintendo. Utter BS. I am not going to start paying the 100% premium tax just for living here and I never will. **** you Nintendo, **** you. Not buying the WiiU and I am not going pay going retail prices. **** you, I am not going to pay $93($77USD) NZD for the same fucking game I can get for $44.99AUD($48USD) online.

If there is someone in Europe who doesn't want Kid Icarus but has one of the other game in the lined up but wants some stars, PM me. They want to **** with me, let's **** with them.

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2012, 10:06:23 PM »
Just Make a European Club Nintendo account and use the stars to buy virtual Wii Points. That's what I did. If you ever gain a considerable amount of stars you can always pay a parcel forwarding company to send you the rewards. The Australian Club Nintendo is dismal compared to the European one.

Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2012, 01:11:36 AM »
I am still mad over Club Nintendo, but it doesn't take away that this game is good ****. It's not quite as good as RE4, but it is a very solid game. If anyone want to hook up for some Raid mode, I am game.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2012, 06:53:21 AM »
For hooking up like that I guess it helps that you can dial your level down so it's not like "We can't play together because our levels are too different". Even if there are no direct stat effects to your level it should give you access to lower level weapons in the store so you can downgrade your gear to your partner's level.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2012, 05:47:34 PM »
Hey can anyone tell me if this game is available everywhere? I saw in in a Game Stop and won't touch it. Looked for it in Toys R Us and Target today and didn't see it.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »
Did you guys know that the development of RE on 3DS started with a working version of RE5 even though Wii wasn't capable of running RE5's title screen?

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/20/resident-evil-revelations-development-began-by-running-resident-evil-5-on-a-3ds/

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »
Hey can anyone tell me if this game is available everywhere? I saw in in a Game Stop and won't touch it. Looked for it in Toys R Us and Target today and didn't see it.

It's out on Tuesday... silly CaterKiller.

Did you guys know that the development of RE on 3DS started with a working version of RE5 even though Wii wasn't capable of running RE5's title screen?

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/20/resident-evil-revelations-development-began-by-running-resident-evil-5-on-a-3ds/

That's not surprising because they're using the mobile version of their MT Framework engine.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »
I have busted my way through most of the game. Level 50 in raid mode, but I haven't replayed the campaign yet on New game Plus. My initial impression still hold, A very solid RE game second only to RE 4.

The one problem is that the game is more stat based than skill based. Not to say there isn't any skill in it, let me explain. In RE 4, the Grando are a very responsive enemy, they flank, they talk and most importantly, they react to injury in a very predicable manner. Blow away a kneecap, they drop to the ground, shoot them in the face they stumble backwards, both allowing you to do a wrestling move. R:R doesn't have this as a predicable gameplay element. You can still do a charged melee attack if you unload enough shots into the head, but that element is now controlled by a hidden stat in the weapon called Daze. There is also another hidden stat called stopping power which determines how much firepower it take to cause a knockdown. Shooting them in the legs is different than a knockdown as they still have the ability to move and attack, while knock down means they stay down according to an internal timer.

It now means that you can't place a single shot in the head or the knee to save ammo by preforming a melee move for large amounts of damage, then breaking out the knife to cheese the kill. In fact, ammo is mostly a non-issue unless you are just spamming the one weapon ammo type. Not to say there isn't any skill involved, there is a dodge move that will save you from a a lot grief which is entirely skill based. but once you find how much of it is stat based, it does take some of the wind out of it. I think it was done to make it more compatible with online play in order to deal with latency which isn't very skill friendly. Go ask the traditional arcade fighter about lag. It's more like a very light action RPG than a normal straight up action game. The one weapon type that doesn't really work is the rifle due to how close the spaces are more of the time, there are nearly no long range shots worth taking. You can quick scoop making it a mangum lite, but rifles remain my least used weapon type compared to RE4 where I found all weapons to be useful.

Reinforcing the stat based quasi RPG approach to the game is the random drops with the custom weapon mods found with the scanner or as fixed drops in Raid mode. There isn't really any inventory management besides picking 3 weapons of any combo and weapon mod slots.

All said and done, very enjoyable game, some of the dialogue is the groan inducing cheese that you expect from an RE game, the plot is as convoluted as ever with plenty of melodrama. The one hilarious thing I have noticed is that they have remodeled Jessica's breast size to something more realistic since she was first seen virtually busting out of her wetsuit in an trailer. She was busting out so much it went from sex appeal, to plain comedy. She is more reasonable now, in fact she is smaller than Jill! Err, how do I know that?, there is a character viewer in Raid mode. The models are very detailed. The graphics are gorgeous. The sound design is adequate simply due to the fact, unlike the not-Spanish, Zoidbergs don't make much noise. The voice work is good and includes the Japanese track making it a very cool option for the language purist out there. The music is appropriately nautical themed, orchestral set pieces that Capcom does so well. The controls take some getting use to since the pad just isn't as good as a real stick. I don't have a CPpro, but people online that have it can use it to spam soundbites as a very limited form of communication, they can also control the game more fluidly allowing them to shoot move while correcting their aim to the recoil where as I have to stop to correct my aim. CPpro is a nice addition, but by no means critial in anyway. It's such a shame that Zoidbergs don't have any personality to them besides some bosses.

There are some online connection issues, but that is more to do with Nintendo's still poor understanding of online and the underlying firmware than a Capcom problem. Mario Kart 7 is far more aggravating with it's connection issues. The 3DS just doesn't deal with firewalls too well for games and until I know the port numbers, I have to ungracefully place the 3DS in DMZ mode on the router. There is a buffer somewhere that fills up after a couple hours play online that crashes the connection on the game that some of the time requires you to reset the DMZ on the router or the game itself to get working again. MK7 is still much more aggravating and unlike R:R, there is no simple fix like restarting the game, it's just very random.

Score, with RE 4 a 10, this is an 8.5. A 9 if it was more skill based, a 9.5 if it had more personality and charm to it. But in the end, I wanted RE 4 and I didn't quite get it, not to say R:R is a bad game by an stretch of the imagination, RE 4 is just that good.

Final score 8(Compared to all games)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:14:04 PM by oohhboy »