Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 547353 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #1550 on: January 18, 2011, 09:26:51 PM »
Looks like we have our first 3DS/Wii multi-platform release
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/19/flying_get/

Sonic Creator Goes Multiplatform on Wii and 3DS
A few months back, Famitsu revealed that Prope, the studio from Sonic the Hedgehog's Yuji Naka, was working with Kadokawa Games on a new title. That title at long last got its reveal in this week's Famitsu.

Tenkuu no Kishi Rodea is a "sky fantasy" game for Wii and 3DS. That's right, our first Wii and 3DS multiplatform release!

Famitsu says that the game is being brought to us by Naka and writer Takumi Miyajima. Miyajima has previously worked on the Tales series and Arc Rise Fantasia.

Rodea is the name of the game's main character. Also introduced in the magazine are characters named Ion and Princess Cecilia.

Gameplay details are a bit scarce at present. The game is described as a "new feel action game." The Wii version will use the Wiimote exclusively. Screenshots in Famitsu show sky-based gameplay, but Famitsu says there will be a variety of stages outside of just the sky.

In an interview with the magazine, Naka describes the game as "a completely new action game with simple controls." Development on the game started in Fall 2009. At that time, the game Naka and his team were working on was cancelled, and he split his team into two to create their next game.

Famitsu seems to have a big look at Tenkuu no Kishi Rodea this week, so expect further details shortly.

I wonder when the screen shots from Famitsu will hit the interwebz...
http://www.1up.com/news/grasshopper-yuji-naka-tease-projects
Quote from: Yuji Naka
"The game itself is an action title that takes place in the sky," he told Famitsu. "The action gameplay is what I'm focusing on the most with this project -- interactivity is the most important attraction with any sort of game, and if that doesn't evolve, then games won't be everything they can be. Sonic was all about completely taking over the land, and Nights brought that same concept into the skies. I had always thought that action games that take place in the sky are too hard for players to cope with, but then I thought up a new method for dealing with it. That's how this project got started. If I had stuck around at Sega, then I might have used this concept to make a sequel to Nights!"
Quote from: Goichi Suda
"I can't say anything concrete about this project yet," he said, "but I do guarantee that it'll feature stylish action and some really extreme twists. I showed the game off to an overseas publisher, and they couldn't stop laughing -- I mean, just bending over and laughing. How many games do you know that can make you laugh like that? When I saw that, myself and Yasuda were like 'Yes! This is really gonna work!' I think it's going to be a really big title in the worldwide market."

edit 2: Founds the pics
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/59167/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:43:48 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: January 19, 2011, 02:07:12 AM »
More info on Sky Night Rodea
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/19/flying_get/
More Detail's on Prope's Sky Fantasy Game
A few additional details have surfaced on Tenkuu no Kishi Rodea, the new Wii and 3DS title from Let's Tap and Let's Catch developer Prope.

This game is getting instant attention because of the involvement of Sonic and Nights creator Yuji Naka. He's listed as "executive director."

The magazine has details on the Wii version's control scheme. You use the Wiimote as a pointer. To move somewhere, you point at the location, press B and shake the Wiimote. Your character will fly off in the direction specified. You can continually do this motion to make your character freely fly through the sky. You can keep on flying through the air by pointing at your desired location and pressing B.

CORRECTION: It actually looks like you just have to shake once to get flight started, but afterwards you can just point and press B to continue with flight in your desired direction.

The A button is for performing actions. You can use it to fire a gun as an attack. You can also do a spinning attack by pointing at objects and enemies and pressing A.

In an interview with the magazine, Naka says that games that allow players to experience free flight through the skies tend to have complicated controls. However, they cleared this problem during Rodea's prototype development phase.

Even though you see the Naka name, Rodea isn't a Sega title, Kadokawa Games is the game's publisher. Naka says that this is a true collaboration with Kadokawa. It's something that Prope would not have been able to do on its own.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:30:45 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #1552 on: January 19, 2011, 09:50:52 AM »
Yay!  $250, March 27, one friend code per system!

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: January 19, 2011, 10:01:12 AM »
Not bad what are the launch games? And Game prices?  Guess that still up in the air.

I'll probably get it if I'm not financially restrained at the time.  I'll probably go blue.  I'm sick of Black and White Systems.  If the US titles mirror Japanese Titles I'm guessing the only 1st party will Be Nintendogs & Steel Diver.  If that the case I'm getting steal diver and maybe DOA 3D or Puzzle Bobble 3D.

Lol at myself paying $250 to play and update 6 year old tech demo.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:07:35 AM by KisakiProject »

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 19, 2011, 10:02:02 AM »
I'm very impressed!

I am very glad to hear that AR was the testers favorite feature of the 3DS, so hopefully Nintendo and 3rd parties will support that heavily. 30 games between launch and E3 is also impressive, and the system price is $50 less than I expected so maybe I can get 3 games at launch!!

It is also good to hear that Capcom is making good use of StreetPass so hopefully others follow suit. I am a little confused about fighting other players through StreetPass in SSFIV; do they gauge your fighting skill and rank you, or is just based on wins and losses previous to your StreetPass meeting? Either way though, it's pretty cool.

I'm also a little confused about Spot Pass, if it can download content while you're gaming or in sleep mode, how can they say no download will take place unless you want it to? Will you setup the kinds of things you want downloaded beforehand, telling the 3DS how much free reign it has in that area?

I am very excited by all of this though, and March 27 feels like it's years away...
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1555 on: January 19, 2011, 10:18:54 AM »
I bet the 3DS will have a bunch of settings for online, what to allow and when to allow it. The Press event was brief and didn't have as much pretty pictures as I hoped for, but the details are fine.
There is only one friend code per system and exchanging codes is said to be easy as accepting a request. You can also see who on your Friends List is online and what they're playing.
I would have liked to hear more about the Virtual Console info. Are the Game Boy titles going to retain the dual shade green or will it have a touch of Super Game Boy colorization?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 19, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »
Yay!  $250, March 27, one friend code per system!

One Friend  code per system? Where where?!?!

EDIT!

YAHOOO!!!!!!!!! Man that makes me happy! I just read at IGN's live blog of the event. It seems when people contact each other localy the friend codes can be automaticly exchanged as well. It aint perfect but good god is it a huge step in the right direction! Gives me high hopes for the next home console. I'm so glad this machine has good power, I won't be left behind in the soul calibur series any longer.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:49:39 AM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 19, 2011, 12:19:20 PM »
I just checked the Nintendo 3DS website and the game details are interesting.  Said Steal Diver is Q2.  Which means no launch.  However, I saw DOA is gonna have a Metroid level and possibly playable Samus?  I will so get that day 1.  It better be day one.  I heard from 8-4 they already translated it but its coming out March 24th in JP.  Man I'm getting pumped for that game.  Seriously I need to know what game to get at launch. 

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: January 19, 2011, 12:53:46 PM »
I just checked the Nintendo 3DS website and the game details are interesting.  Said Steal Diver is Q2.  Which means no launch.  However, I saw DOA is gonna have a Metroid level and possibly playable Samus?  I will so get that day 1.  It better be day one.  I heard from 8-4 they already translated it but its coming out March 24th in JP.  Man I'm getting pumped for that game.  Seriously I need to know what game to get at launch. 

If this turns out to be the new Soul Calibur 2 I am all for it. Link got me into the game now I love the series. Samus could get me into DOA, just hope its as good quality and her boobs are the smallest of all girls in the game. That would be nuts! Hopefully she would have her Varia Suit as I know the Zero Suit would be standard in this game.

RomanceDawn

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 19, 2011, 01:01:40 PM »
i think 250 is a little steep, but the software might justify the price, surely am not getting one at launch, i'll guess i wait for reactions.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: January 19, 2011, 02:29:44 PM »
I read the official press release and there are a few interesting tidbits:

1. StreetPass will transfer Mii data, as well as custom characters from other games, high scores, and maps, which I'm assuming are custom maps but it did not say. There's no mention if something you transfer to one person can be transfered from them to someone else, but hopefully there is, as we've discussed here.

2. Face Raiders "game" will be included in system so you can shoot at funny depictions of your face. The press release says your face, but you can use just about any picture.

3. There's an app called "3DS Sound" which lets you manipulate sound, and will also play MP3s and AACs normally.

4. There will be 3DS prepaid cards to purchase DSiWare, VC, and other content. I'm wondering why/if the prepaid cards are 3DS specific when general and refillable Nintendo cards would be best.

5. This the most disappointing: OoT, Star Fox 64, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Paper Mario are NOT launch window games. The launch window according to Nintendo is from March 27 to E3 in early June. SteelDiver and Pilotwings are launch window games. I'm assuming that like Japan, Nintendogs + Cats will be the only 1st party launch title.

In their impressions, Engadget notes that each game required different 3D settings from the slider, and that Madden looked jarring to them no matter what they did. They also said two of their staff got headaches from constantly switching the 3D between games. They also made mention that the viewing angles in 3D were bad, which is strange because I think I remember them saying from E3 that while moving it did ruin the effect, it wasn't terrible.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 19, 2011, 03:13:56 PM »
So we get MP3 access back. b..b..b.b.but that's gonna cost Nintendo like $0.02 per 3DS in licensing fees. How are they gonna afford it?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 19, 2011, 03:14:51 PM »
http://wii.ign.com/articles/114/1144834p1.html

So there is a Metroid OM stage in this new DOA, with Ridley flying around. Samus rolls in at the last second of the teaser. Chances are she is 200% playable.

Makes me happy. What was once a 0 chance to buy is now a 50% chance to buy. If the reviews are good i'm getting it.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: January 19, 2011, 03:19:38 PM »
DOA looked like it played like Virtua Fighter from the video I saw.

I'm much more interested in SSFIV3D and would likely hold for a Soul Calibur 3D if Namco (it is Namco right) ever feels like making money.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1564 on: January 19, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »
5. This the most disappointing: OoT, Star Fox 64, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Paper Mario are NOT launch window games.

They didn't actually say that. Here is the specific part of the press release:

During the launch window (between the March 27 launch date and the E3 Expo in early June) more than 30 games will be available to Nintendo 3DS owners. These include Nintendo-created games like Pilotwings Resort, which has players soaring acrobatically over iconic Wuhu Island; nintendogs + cats, a new version of the Nintendo DS classic with a feline enhancement; and Steel Diver, a side-scrolling submarine adventure that gives the illusion that the player is peering into an aquarium. Other Nintendo 3DS games in the works include The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising and new installments in the Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Paper Mario series.

To me, that just means they are not sure if they will be out in the launch window and don't want to promise them and then have to delay them if they can't.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 19, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »
So I took what they said literally and you're speculating, but somehow what I posted isn't what they said?

They listed two game as launch window games, and the others as not, it really isn't that complicated...

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 19, 2011, 05:39:16 PM »
Work was delayed today. Benefit from working in a school district (IT). So I was able to see the entire presentation this morning. As soon as I got to work Amazon.com put up the preorders and I jumped. I had to. One blue and as soon as the black went up I jumped on that. Needed two anyway. One for me and one for my sister. I thought games might be an issue but Street Fighter looks great. I haven't played one since Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter EX3 on the PS2. I'm due for another one. She might like Pilotwings but not up for order yet. That's it for now until something else interesting is confirmed and up for preorder.

However if more Dead or Alive info comes out I might switch to that if it looks like the better of the two. I'm okay with the overall price of the system. I figured it might be around this.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1567 on: January 19, 2011, 05:40:09 PM »
StreetPassing 3D images of your genitals to other launch-day customers - this is the real launch game.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 19, 2011, 05:53:12 PM »
Hopefully StreetPass will have a robust options menu so you can set the types of things you want to receive... Only female genitalia!

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 19, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »
StreetPassing 3D images of your genitals to other launch-day customers - this is the real launch game.

and creative
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 19, 2011, 08:28:50 PM »
So let me get this strait, we know launch date and price but have no concrete details what games we can buy at launch. No guarantee online will work at launch so buying games from shop instead of carts is not possible. I really want to buy a 3DS at launch but wtf will I be playing?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1571 on: January 19, 2011, 08:37:49 PM »
For first-party stuff, I can make a guess based on which games have fact sheets:

nintendogs + cats
Steel Diver
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Pilotwings Resort
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 64 3D

Of course, third parties are defining launch window as the first three months, so it's hard to say exactly what's going on.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 19, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »
In other words, there was never any hope for the 3DS to have launched Q4 2010 like many of us and all of the investors were hoping.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1573 on: January 19, 2011, 09:07:07 PM »
Also, nintendogs + cats is currently the only first-party game with final box art available.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #1574 on: January 19, 2011, 09:11:42 PM »
Looks like I'll be getting Street Fighter, then following that up with Pilotwings when it releases.  That's enough for me.  There are lots of DSi Artstyle games I haven't played that I want to download (still rocking the pink DSlite).