Author Topic: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier coming to Wii in some form  (Read 10179 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier coming to Wii in some form
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »
Looks like it'll be fun to play, but the graphics are absolutely horrible. There's no (valid) reason this shouldn't look as good as GRAW for Xbox.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 02:33:04 PM »
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex proves that's not necessarily true. The only real omission is voice chat; everything else is there.

It depends however on how much money and effort you want to put into it though.  This port came out two years after the initial release.  As I said though I figure they're just budgeting a specific amount and giving the Wii a spin-off is the way to make it within that cost.  Downgrading the game to make it work on the Wii or making a brand new title of the same scope as the other release both probably raise the budget too much.

They should probably adapt to this and change their budget since no one wants these on-rails shooters and you need to, you know, sell games for any of this to be worthwhile.  But they haven't and I think that's why we're getting what we're getting.  If it was easier to just port the game like Modern Warfare then that's what they would do.  Why the hell wouldn't they go that route if that was the cheap and easy route?  That's what they do with every other non-portable platform.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 02:44:55 PM »
The difference in hardware is certainly a factor, but you can't give publishers and developers a pass for being too lazy or cheap to put out a decent product.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 03:00:14 PM »
The difference in hardware is certainly a factor, but you can't give publishers and developers a pass for being too lazy or cheap to put out a decent product.

I'm just saying this is what it is.  These are businesses and regardless of what dumb decisions businesses can make there is always some sort of reason they came to the decision they did.  I'm trying to think of why we're getting all this on-rails **** so I'm trying to think of what rationale they based their decision on.

I don't give them a pass because I don't buy any of their bullshit spinoffs.  But if they're not going to change it's still a good idea to get into their mindset so as to avoid this problem next gen.  Nintendo can't force third parties to do anything but they can try to make sure that third parties don't have excuses to cut corners.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 05:33:18 PM »
Also because the Wii is underpowered compared to the other systems you can't just port your game to it.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex proves that's not necessarily true. The only real omission is voice chat; everything else is there.

And no local multiplayer.

Any interest in this game is completely gone now.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »
Also because the Wii is underpowered compared to the other systems you can't just port your game to it.

And no local multiplayer.
And less people in a multiplayer match, 10 down from 18. No DLC either, if that counts.

I heard that it took ten months of work to port that game over. So you either have people complaining about a lousy port or a late port, both of which hurt sales. Although Modern Warfare still sold a million copies, or close to it, so the late port option is probably the better one.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 07:25:17 PM »
I'll take late ports over no ports. At least I get to play it at all.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2010, 07:26:30 PM »
A delayed game can be made good; a bad game is bad forever.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 11:55:54 AM »
Maybe rail shooters are cheaper to make but they also sell catastrophically bad. Rule of thumb is that you need 100k sales per 1M$ spent to break even, at that rate you better not spend more than half a million on the game (plus however much the damage to the brand is valued at). Meanwhile if you do it properly you can pass a million sales (see the CoD games) and not even end up hurting your brand.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 12:45:20 PM »
Hell, just slap some movement controls on the game they already made. It can't be that difficult to do, and even if it's the most half-assed thing ever, it would still be better then ANOTHER DAMN RAIL SHOOTER.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 08:34:54 PM »
Yup I think I'm done with Ubisoft. Between the DRM on their PC games (I love the Heroes of Might and Magic series but I just know their new DRM will be in it), lack of games that interest me on the 360 and PS3, and the crap they keep pulling on the Wii I think it's time I simple start ignoring them.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »
I hope Next Level Games doesn't shut down.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 04:36:19 PM »
What does Next Level Games have to do with it? They have no involvement with the game.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 08:15:25 PM »
It's actually not half bad. It does have flaws, but as a co-op game it entertains. I'd probably pick up one of the Resident Evil or House of the Dead games. But it scratches that arcade shooter itch if you've got it.
My Game Collection