Author Topic: iPhone/iPod Touch game thread?  (Read 42337 times)

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
Re: iPhone/iPod Touch game thread?
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2011, 10:13:21 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean about the dialogue being laughable - I think a lot of it is pretty good, funny and fourth-wall breaking, and the length of the sentences has no good or bad effect on it. The tweeting thing is a marketing ploy, but so what? Game's still good. (I've got it now, played for maybe an hour, and it's really nice. I'm stuck on rather obtuse puzzle right now though.)
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2011, 10:44:14 PM »
I saw Angry Birds on the android marketplace for free so I decided to see what all the hub bub was about.

It is exactly like Crush the Castle so far. I like Crush the Castle but it amazes me that Birds has somehow managed to become a phenomenon.  It has a much more family friendly design, but still.  Apple has to be really happy about locking out flash games.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2011, 10:54:04 PM »
I don't care for Angry Birds. Cut The Rope is way better.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2011, 11:15:15 PM »
Cut The Rope Sux.  Angry Birds 4 Life.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2011, 11:32:02 PM »
I'm partial to Alchemy myself.  Too bad I'm completely stuck even though its pretty early on, by which I mean I've uncovered well over a hundred of the things you make.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 11:57:12 PM by SixthAngel »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2011, 02:28:14 PM »
Meh, screw your birds and ropes, Solomon's Boneyard all the way.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2011, 08:02:20 AM »
I still regard Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor as one of the best games on iOS platforms - it's certainly my favourite. I returned to it not that long ago and finished the 'story', only to discover three other modes, which include a couple of straight-up time/score attack things, and a more challenging version of the main mode that makes you think even more carefully about web lines. Unlike most of its neighbours on the App Store, Spider has a lot of depth behind the accessibility. That's not to put down titles offering a simple experience - I pick up Tiny Wings whenever there's a few spare minutes because it's still fun despite being quite basic - but sometimes, it's nice to play something with more to it.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."