Author Topic: Zangeki no Reginleiv  (Read 23349 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Zangeki no Reginleiv
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
This game is already a buy in my list.
Just have to make sure it's localized.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »
What is Bayonetta like in terms of cutscenes?
Cheesy one-liners with a story nobody should give two shits about.

Bayonetta saves them by being...just sexy. Somehow, it works.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:59:22 PM by Peachylala »
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2010, 12:43:14 AM »
Is it true that Nintendo published/developed this game? If so, I am surprised. Why would they get involved with this kind of game? From the video I watched, I witnessed a character chopping off another character's arm and blood spewing out as a result. If Nintendo is involved, then there should be candy spewing out of the severed limb and not blood.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2010, 12:46:53 AM »
Nintendo is funding development and publishing. They did not do the development in house though.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2010, 01:56:23 AM »
It's the second game Nintendo has Sandlot make, the previous one was Chou Soujuu Mecha MG for the DS which was plain awesome.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2010, 04:14:35 PM »
Live play of Zangeki on justin.tv (it's happening now, LIVE)
http://zh-tw.justin.tv/hamatea#r=6DOJpd4

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »
Well, I finally got the game, was a birthday present. It starts pretty slow but after the first ten or so missions it really picks up with more enemy types (especially with more dangerous ones, the first few missions include only fairly small and harmless enemies). Of course there's slowdown but it's really impressive how much it takes for that to happen. The characters really differ a lot, Frey has stronger melee weapons and no restriction on how much he can use them though his bows take forever to fire, Freya has a large assortment of ranged attacks (including some that can wipe out an entire army, including you if you aren't careful with aiming them) and fire very quickly but the limited mana that can only be refilled by using her fairly weak melee weapons.

So far I really don't like the nunchuk thrust for dodging, wouldn't surprise me if there was a way to adjust it but the options menu has a TON of entries.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2010, 06:06:32 AM »
Is this another game that NOA denied us?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2010, 11:32:40 AM »
Oh I imported it, it's not like NoA is the only one ignoring it.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2010, 11:14:55 PM »
This game is great.  I'm probably 3/4 finished and it changes a lot as you go farther in.  Halfway through there is a psych out not really the end game boss.

At first I loved the guy and hated the girl because she was so weak and only a bit faster.  After going farther in the game she is easily my favorite now.  She has an incredible variety of weapons so it never gets boring with her while the man's weapons all generally function the same but with power upgrades.  They get super powerful but they also get a looooot slower to use.  With the girl I can use a bow that shoots 100 arrows, 5 explosive arrows, a wand you swing like a bat that destroys essentially the whole map, quick fire wands, a laser wand, a wand that drops 15 small but strong explosives in an arc, and more besides the regular weapons (although the regulars are much, much weaker than the guy's weapons).   The game keeps getting more and more enemies at the same time.  In the beginning you think there is a lot but after the halfway point it is crazy.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:22:10 PM by SixthAngel »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2010, 12:56:08 AM »
Why wasn't this released in North America again? It sounds like it could do well.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2010, 01:00:59 AM »
Sales, it flopped baddly in Japan.  Any English subtitle option?  Might import it as well.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2010, 01:12:02 AM »
Why would sales in Japan matter? Metroid doesn't sell very well in Japan and those were all released here.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2010, 03:36:09 AM »
No subtitle option at all. I'm not sure sales are the reason, Sandlot games always sell fairly weakly by AAA standards but they're cheaply made so it evens out. It's heavy on the voice acting though and if there's one thing I know about Nintendo it's that they don't like localizing voices.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2010, 03:37:41 PM »
Man, the Niflheim beholder enemies are no fun to fight, especially in the castle city when you have to run all over the place to hunt them down. Fortunately they introduce more fun enemies a few missions later.

I'm currently liking Frey's spears, in my last mission I used a light spear and a heavy one, the light spear offers quick stabs and the shotgun stab at 60m range for crowd control (especially rips those Niflheim dog enemies apart) while the heavy spear will quickly pull off 750 damage stabs at 120m range so it's really nice for stabbing big enemies in the head. The range of the spears makes the shotgun stab much more effective at hitting crowds than swinging a sword and it's WAY faster than using a bow, even with Freya.

I also encountered a spear that spreads its stabs in a line pattern, at first it seemed fairly useless but then I noticed the line rotates with the Wiimote so I could dish out a horizontal line of stabs by holding the controller at an angle.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:41:32 PM by KDR_11k »

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2011, 04:18:09 PM »
I still have hope. I will be positive even tho Staff look down upon it.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.