Author Topic: Game Over: One final rant...  (Read 158304 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Game Over: One final rant...
« Reply #475 on: June 09, 2009, 03:26:59 AM »
OMG thatguy is back! It has been months since I last saw you.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 09, 2009, 06:49:41 PM »
I don't care what you say thatguy, Bill was a great part of this forum. Maybe if you take his posts at face value he might not seem like much, but he was a hugely positive influence for this forum and this thread proves the impact he had.

I used to root for Ian Sane too. But then he said that Mario's voice detracts from Mario games. And now he is dead to me.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 14, 2009, 03:38:09 AM »
Thanks Thatguy, I'm glad you enjoyed the E3 coverage.  Everybody worked really hard on it, and we had a huge crew there like we used to have back in the day.  We'll try to keep it up as best we can!  We've made some key staff additions in the past six months, and the exisiting staff has really stepped up to take the site in the right direction.

Mario got himself banned.  We (mods) don't have any grudges against anybody in these forums, and we certainly don't want anybody to leave.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #478 on: January 25, 2011, 12:03:16 AM »
JUST.. JUST SCREW YOU. I JUST READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH SHIFTY'S GOODBYE THREAD. PEOPLE WERE CRYING INTO THEIR KEYBOARDS. PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T EVEN SIGN UP UNTIL AFTER HE WAS GONE. AND WHAT FOR?

AT LEAST SHIFTY GAVE A PROPER GOODBYE. WHAT'VE YOU DONE? WALKED INTO THE SUNSET OF A DYING WEBSITE (CLUB NINTENDO) AND CRASHED INTO THE FAKE MOVIE SET MURAL OF A SUNSET. THAT'S WHAT YOUR WHOLE CAREER HAS BEEN.

MAYBE YOU WERE YOUNG AND NAIVE TO DROP A MORPH BALL BOMB ON THE E3 THREAD, BUT NOT ANY MORE. YOU WEREN'T PERMA-BANNED. IT'S NOT LIKE ADAM MALOKOCVIHICH (WTF KIND OF NAME IS THAT FOR A GALACTIC FEDERATION COLONEL?) IS ARBITRARILY PREVENTING YOU FROM LOGGING ONTO NWR.

MAN UP, DIRT BAG, AND GIVE A PROPER SEND-OFF. AT LEAST GIVE THOSE KIDS AN ANIME SCREENCAP THAT WILL BE REMEMBERED FOR ETERNITY.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 25, 2011, 12:34:44 AM »
What drunken drivel is this
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #480 on: January 25, 2011, 02:57:49 AM »
Wow its been 2 years since Bill left. I still miss him. Seems like hardly anything has changed since then aside from the staff being as they were.The staff has improved since then.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 26, 2011, 11:23:12 AM »
Not true, Bills email acct as been phished since then.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #482 on: January 28, 2011, 05:33:58 AM »
Really I guess that could explain that email I got a week back.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 01, 2011, 08:12:37 PM »

It's comments like this that make me feel reaaallll old that I can explain not only what Bill was complaining about, but that this was a cyclical problem.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 01, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »
It was referring to the post above.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 01, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »

It's comments like this that make me feel reaaallll old that I can explain not only what Bill was complaining about, but that this was a cyclical problem.
I never bothered to read it, but can you go ahead and summarize it for me?

I'm more interested in what the cyclical part of the problem is moreso than why Bill felt the need to "leave*".

*I've felt the need to leave many times, and did for a while once, but then I got over it.... or forgot what the reason was.

« Reply #486 on: March 19, 2015, 12:29:01 PM »
Wow I never knew this is why he left. I think we got into arguments but I generally liked Bill. I didn't care for Mario much I remember he was pretty rude to me as was Hostile Creation. But I do miss Golden Phoenix. This was kind of a long, and somewhat sad, thread to read.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »
I actually find it sad that I don't recognize most of the people in this thread. At this point, it really is like the same 10-15 posting these days. If, that.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 19, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »
Well, I'm proud to be one of the only 10-15 people that posts regularly here. Maybe I need to grab myself an internet persona like this Bill fellow. Just, you know... one that's a little less creepy.

But yeah, it is strange to see how much a forum changes in six years. It's great to see Ian has always stayed the same though.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 19, 2015, 01:30:20 PM »
It's great to see Ian has always stayed the same though.

Is it?

I aspire to one day be a good enough poster that people would care if I left.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Huff... huff.. hold... gasp....hold on. Just.... huff.... give me a sec..... whew.... to catch my breath.

I aspire to one day be a good enough poster that people would care if I left.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Kinda went in the opposite direction there, didn't ya chief?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:34:38 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 19, 2015, 02:17:44 PM »
Well done Khush. He was trolling himself into this internet fuelled oblivion from almost six years ago.

Bravo.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 19, 2015, 02:36:10 PM »
I heart this whole thread.
I also enjoy visiting Pietriots now and then, the apparent break-off site for Bill and co., but they're not near active enough anymore. Hilarious guys, though, it seems. Wish thjey's come back in all their trolling glory.

Khush, nice one. ;D
Oui, Mon Gars!

« Reply #492 on: March 19, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »
I especially liked the under handed reference to my failed attempt at creating an anti-forum for this place. Wow that was such a joke. I read a lot of comments of people who said they lurked for a long time before posting, I was one of those. I read through the entire Hi I am new thread before making my first post. No way I could attempt that today.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 20, 2015, 07:52:11 PM »
Where the hell was I when all of this guff happened? Was I really away from here that long? I need to look at some of my old post as well, this tread intrigues the hell out of me.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2015, 11:54:27 PM »
The events of this thread seem like a life time ago. I didn't have no kids then!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: March 21, 2015, 01:19:40 AM »
I remember seeing Maxi's "I'm leaving the forum" thread, and being disappointed that what I saw as one of the nicest people in the forums felt like they couldn't be a part of the community anymore because of how mean spirited it had gotten. 

That wasn't that long ago, and I'm not some forum veteran, but I have seen some forumer turnover in my time here, and the community definitely seems different. Maybe i have a tinted view, but it definitely felt like there was more of a community when I started posting than now.  That, or maybe the same community has always been here, and I'm a square peg In a round hole, so to speak.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 21, 2015, 01:26:40 AM »
Not to derail this conversation too much, but I think by the end of his tenure here Maxi was pretty damned unreasonable regarding his demand for positivity. Things can definitely get pretty down at times, but he wanted it to go way too far in the other direction.

Looking back, though, there are always people complaining on both ends of it. People deriding all the piling on, while others complain about fanboyism.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 21, 2015, 06:58:03 AM »
Not to derail this conversation too much, but I think by the end of his tenure here Maxi was pretty damned unreasonable regarding his demand for positivity. Things can definitely get pretty down at times, but he wanted it to go way too far in the other direction.

Looking back, though, there are always people complaining on both ends of it. People deriding all the piling on, while others complain about fanboyism.

Fair enough.  I didn't have a historied experience with Maxi, so I'll take your word for it.  Not trying to take up a cause either way, just a passing observation.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 21, 2015, 09:42:46 AM »
The funny thing is, one alternate forum where a few folks went to has three threads that are the most active threads on the forum.  One focused on the industry in general - it's 50+ pages long and generally focuses on negative things with the occasional positives thrown in.  There's another 50+ page thread about the "pathetic" gaming media, where various sites get slammed for various reasons (sometimes deserved, sometimes... meh.).  Then, there's a thread that's a whopping 20+ pages that is supposed to point out good articles, but generally ends up getting compared to the bad articles, with more negative talk about the bad ones.

Can things get negative around here?  Sure.  But don't leave in a tizzy because it's too negative, then go to another forum that's virtually more negative than this.  If you're going to make a big, dramatic exit, then going someplace where the things you complained about here are even worse... well, it takes away all the sting of your leaving.

I don't like it when anyone* makes a decision to leave the forums - I think we have a great community, even when someone posts something I don't agree with.  But, if you are unhappy here, then you should find an on-line community where you are happy - and I sincerely hope that anyone who has left our forums for any reason has found a community where they are happy.

*with one exception
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 21, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
Just gonna say I love you all even if you disagree with me over Skyward Sword, Kirby's Epic Yarn or something
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"