Author Topic: Game Over: One final rant...  (Read 158307 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Game Over: One final rant...
« Reply #450 on: May 05, 2009, 03:18:41 AM »
damn right Bill was important! Don't forget it! He was a special poster right from the beginning. Knew his stuff and was one of the people who introduced the WEIRDNESS into the forums. Otherwise these forums would probably be much more dull. What isn't understood well is that the forum is rather stable in the pantheon of video game forums. Our mind share has an effect on the rest of gaming. I can understand why he would be pissed off at negativity. It just drags the whole community down. I'm upset at Japanese developers for running the industry and not being creative enough. From my experience from the n64 years until now, we could be much further along in quality of games. It just seems that games have had these ridiculous fads since the last generation. There are so many good ideas that are not implemented because developers play it safe.

Stop being so negative.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #451 on: May 05, 2009, 07:13:27 AM »
Check out PixlBit!

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 02, 2009, 01:07:13 AM »
I wuv <3 Bill, but man this is sad. I love everyone here, and I've been around since PGC started rawr! But what's up with Mario? never known him to be juvenile.

I hope Bill decides to comeback, I miss him :(
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #453 on: June 02, 2009, 01:11:26 AM »
I think we all miss him.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 02, 2009, 03:52:46 AM »
I wuv <3 Bill, but man this is sad. I love everyone here, and I've been around since PGC started rawr! But what's up with Mario? never known him to be juvenile.

You don't love me. :(
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 02, 2009, 04:05:38 AM »
golden phoenix gave me a copy of mario bros 3, you are loved!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 02, 2009, 04:36:50 PM »
GP hasn't shown any hate towards me, i love her for it!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 02, 2009, 06:58:01 PM »
I miss Bill not giving his input on E3. :(
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #458 on: June 02, 2009, 07:16:23 PM »
I miss Bill not giving his input on E3. :(
Same here.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 02, 2009, 08:39:29 PM »
Just take the opposite of everything Ian says.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #460 on: June 02, 2009, 11:19:54 PM »
Excellent point.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2009, 03:47:18 AM »

You don't love me. :(

I love ya GP ;)

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 03, 2009, 03:49:57 AM »

Does  that mean that he loves Bridget? ;)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 03, 2009, 04:41:31 AM »
I talked to Bill on messenger about E3. It was ten times better than talking to anyone of you times ten combined!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #464 on: June 03, 2009, 05:03:51 AM »
I talked to Bill on messenger about E3. It was ten times better than talking to anyone of you times ten combined!
I'm kinda sad at that comment. I guess I will email him about what he thought about the show.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #465 on: June 03, 2009, 12:28:36 PM »
ahahahahahahahahahaha we discussed plenty.

Best E3 ever.

Probably the last E3 ever.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 03, 2009, 04:17:54 PM »
I love everyone here, and I've been around since PGC started rawr!
I don't even know you.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2009, 09:15:18 PM »
You were late ; )

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2009, 09:16:48 PM »
I joined only a year after you. But I guess that's still too late for you to love me... :(

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 03, 2009, 11:11:54 PM »
This is God awful.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 04, 2009, 01:06:47 AM »
I joined only a year after you. But I guess that's still too late for you to love me... :(

It's never too late ;)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 04, 2009, 03:58:59 AM »

It's never too late ;)
But it is too soon. Let's take it slow.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 07, 2009, 05:40:28 PM »
Man you guys are going to hate me, but I didn't even realize Bill had gone! Every time I read a post of his I always imagined Bill from Pokemon saying it. And Mario was banned!? I always so this thread but never realized it. I just assumed someone hated the Wii. Never looked at the topic starter.

And Mario, he was the only one of you goons who could top my Banana Kingdom jungle beat score. Maybe one more of you as well.

I just kinda thought they stoped posting and never let anyone know why. Man am I out of the loop.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 08, 2009, 01:15:57 AM »
And Mario, he was the only one of you goons who could top my Banana Kingdom jungle beat score. Maybe one more of you as well.

:)
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 09, 2009, 03:11:32 AM »
Oh wait, maybe not Bill...ummm... Mario. I owe Mario money.

I think Kairon should leave next so we can have another mega thread with people who haven't posted for a long time.

Who said the thread was done?

Edit:  Yeah, I've just been busy and had nothing real to say about things.

As far as Bill goes, I say good riddance.  A forum isn't about one member, it isn't about one particular incident, or anything like that.  If you don't like what a forum is, how it functions, or anything similar, by all means, please feel free to leave.  Mario broke the rules, and was warned.  I'm all for pushing and testing the limits with purpose, even if fun is the only purpose, but a warning means you went over the line, and you're being allowed a second chance (often dozens of chances, here especially.)  If Bill wants to leave, it's not because Mario was banned, it's because he no longer truly fits in here.    The posts I remember most from Bill during my mainstay on the forum truthfully were of little impact or importance.  Yes, I'll admit when I lurked and lurked he was more interesting, but things grew increasingly shallow, limited to one-liners, and an anime screenshot, or in the case of the Brawl thread, he posted the news and some wacky words.  All-in-all, from what I recall, he was a legacy poster who was more of a monument and less of institution of this forum.

As far as Ian goes, well, I've always supported Ian's voice.  In my experience, he doesn't post unless he has something to add to the discussion, and his observations can be insightful, and often, accurate.  I don't think there are many people entirely happy with Nintendo right now, but I must follow that up by saying that Nintendo could not exist in any other way than it does now.  Had decisions turned in other directions, we might not have Brawl, Mario Kart, Galaxy, Metroids, or Zeldas like we expect, had the Wii not had Wii Sports, Brain Age, and the lesser discussed "casual" games.  Ian points out the Nintendo he wants, and I can't fault him for that, because I know I want a few things he does from Nintendo, as well.

When it comes to growth of a forum, well, the truth is, a major portion of the population and forum is attributed to the main site.  When it is thriving, the forums thrive, when it is dying, the forums die.  Why am I here?  Well, the truth of the matter is that I was hungry for E3 information.  I've been getting Nintendo news elsewhere, but few places really covered the event well or quickly, so I checked NWR.  I was surprised and delighted to see several personalized, fact-based, but opinionated previews and impressions of the events.  I figured while I was in, I'd make a note to stop by the forums, and BAM!  I found this thread.

My point?  The forum is connected to the front page of the site, whether the new or old forum-goers would ever accept that, I don't know.  If you want increased forum activity, you should strive to reach an audience on the front page that you'd like to have post in the forums.  The best way to do that is to have quality news and opinions often and fast, quite like what I saw during E3, and quite like what PGC was like back when I lurked.  If coverage continues similar, or even better than what occurred during E3, that's good news for the forums.

Hopefully that's a little bit of key insight that helps people see my perspective, at least.