Author Topic: Game Over: One final rant...  (Read 158332 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Game Over: One final rant...
« Reply #350 on: February 25, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
I saw that he finally made an Avatar for his XBOX Live account.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 26, 2009, 08:47:26 PM »
i emailed bill something EB related the other day, but it wasn't anything much to reply to so i don't expect to hear back from him. I really do miss his personality around here, it was one of a kind.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 27, 2009, 03:47:59 AM »
Well I am close to the breaking point, where either Ian goes or I go. I am sick of his incessant complaining and repetitious negative comments.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 27, 2009, 01:36:11 PM »
You could just--I don't know--not read his posts.  Just a thought.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #354 on: February 27, 2009, 01:39:57 PM »
That doesn't stop him from, posting.

You have to make a stand and reply with great vigor and justice.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 28, 2009, 04:53:01 AM »
You could just--I don't know--not read his posts.  Just a thought.

You can ignore a bite from a venomous snake but over time it will kill you.

RIP Bill.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 05:27:24 AM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 28, 2009, 10:13:19 AM »
That might be the most insightful thing that's ever been written in these forums.  I'm going to have to sit on it for a while.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 28, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »
That's not insightful. That's cowardice.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #358 on: February 28, 2009, 02:14:19 PM »
That might be the most insightful thing that's ever been written in these forums.  I'm going to have to sit on it for a while.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not...

One question to all: would you be alright with Ian being around if you saw the mods give him warnings if he gets out of hand?

It seems that the biggest issue here is that people get warned for arguing with Ian but he doesn't get warned at all.

He might not be breaking the rules, but there are times where he posts some rather asinine comments that warrant at least a warning. I know Lindy did this once.

Right now, it looks like the mods are on Ian's side while the people trying to make some sense of this get warned. Again, if they warned him or hell, even temp-ban him for a bit I think everything would be balanced.

What Vudu says, though, is good too. It might not stop him from posting, but at least he won't be getting the attention he likely wants. We ALL know that he will never say anything positive about gaming. Even if the news is really, really awesome and changes games forever in a positive way Ian will find something negative to exploit and diminish the impact. He's become the running gag in a tired old sitcom. You see it coming and you never laugh, you just move on with whatever else is going on.

We also know that he preaches a double standard he doesn't even follow, so he's even more of a joke that he was before.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #359 on: February 28, 2009, 02:31:07 PM »

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not...

One question to all: would you be alright with Ian being around if you saw the mods give him warnings if he gets out of hand?

It seems that the biggest issue here is that people get warned for arguing with Ian but he doesn't get warned at all.

He might not be breaking the rules, but there are times where he posts some rather asinine comments that warrant at least a warning. I know Lindy did this once.

Right now, it looks like the mods are on Ian's side while the people trying to make some sense of this get warned. Again, if they warned him or hell, even temp-ban him for a bit I think everything would be balanced.

What Vudu says, though, is good too. It might not stop him from posting, but at least he won't be getting the attention he likely wants. We ALL know that he will never say anything positive about gaming. Even if the news is really, really awesome and changes games forever in a positive way Ian will find something negative to exploit and diminish the impact. He's become the running gag in a tired old sitcom. You see it coming and you never laugh, you just move on with whatever else is going on.

We also know that he preaches a double standard he doesn't even follow, so he's even more of a joke that he was before.

I would be ok with him getting warnings if he got out of hand.About the argueing with Ian but getting warned yourself.You just have to provide evidence that is short and to the point.Don't give him a chance to slip in one of his inane posts.In the Nintendo losing its roots topic when he brought up epic new IPs I just reminded him of the October conference.

Yeah Lindy has warned him a few times.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 28, 2009, 03:26:03 PM »
Well I am close to the breaking point, where either Ian goes or I go. I am sick of his incessant complaining and repetitious negative comments.
No matter where you go on the Internet, there will always be negative people who complain about everything. By that same token, there will always be positive people who rejoice and celebrate everything. There are also people everywhere in between. You just have to try and focus on the topics and posts you want to see and try to ignore/forget about the stuff that bothers you. From my experience there are forums out there with far more negativity than this one, although your absence would result in the loss of a positive influence of this community.

If you are truly a positive person then you will not allow any pressing cynic to ruin your day. When your spirit is strong, no one can ever hope to crush it.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 28, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »

I find it funny that it is Ian and not I that has pushed you this far ;).

And Mop It Up is right. Ian has been here for years. You just need to learn how to not let him bother you. I'm actually surprised that Bill left considering how long Ian has been on these forums. It's funny, when the GC was arguably in the shitter, Ian caused no one to leave. Now the Wii is the market leader and everyone is abandoning ship.

Weird.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 28, 2009, 03:37:53 PM »

I find it funny that it is Ian and not I that has pushed you this far ;).

And Mop It Up is right. Ian has been here for years. You just need to learn how to not let him bother you. I'm actually surprised that Bill left considering how long Ian has been on these forums. It's funny, when the GC was arguably in the shitter, Ian caused no one to leave. Now the Wii is the market leader and everyone is abandoning ship.

Weird.

I woudln't leave because of you. Yeah you may get under my skin from time to time but I cannot say I dislike you.

It is the snowball effect, as we lose more counterbalances like Bill, then it starts shifting to one side and becomes more pronounced. Ian is no different today then he ever was, but since there aren't as many people to buffer his comments they become more striking.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 28, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »
Maxi is the new Bill.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #364 on: February 28, 2009, 07:39:32 PM »
I don't think I could replace Bill. Sure I am kind and all but I don't have as much knowledge as Bill.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 28, 2009, 11:15:21 PM »
It is the snowball effect, as we lose more counterbalances like Bill, then it starts shifting to one side and becomes more pronounced. Ian is no different today then he ever was, but since there aren't as many people to buffer his comments they become more striking.
Maybe, but if you leave then the ratio is going to get worse. Do you really want to do that to us? :'(

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 01, 2009, 02:19:13 AM »
Maxi is the new Bill.

TEMPBAN NOW! no offense maxi
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mysticspike

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #367 on: March 04, 2009, 08:28:08 PM »
Maxi is the new Bill.

Then all he would be able to do is post at Rat's forum.
Wait, that's great. I'm in!
Someday, I will make my own Fantasy Factory to make all of my lifelong dreams come true...

Banana Productions<- Check out my Youtube channel.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #368 on: March 05, 2009, 03:09:42 AM »
Maxi is the new Bill.

Then all he would be able to do is post at Rat's forum.
Wait, that's great. I'm in!

Well I have another forum that I go to if I get tired of here.Hint it isn't Rat's
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 06, 2009, 07:05:27 PM »
I've already been temped banned.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 07, 2009, 10:09:26 AM »
Just ignore half his posts (Usually the second half) since he does have a valid point half the time.

The difference I have noticed from him is the repetition. That is what wears you down. He was never this repetitive.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #371 on: March 09, 2009, 03:49:43 PM »
The difference I have noticed from him is the repetition. That is what wears you down. He was never this repetitive.

I guess that comes with age...
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 10, 2009, 12:58:27 PM »
Bill should be here for the 10 year celebration. :(

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #373 on: March 10, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »
Yeah I agree.I sent him an e-mail about it.He should be here for that at least.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #374 on: March 10, 2009, 01:58:04 PM »
lol i don't think so.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.