Author Topic: Game Over: One final rant...  (Read 158587 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Game Over: One final rant...
« Reply #325 on: February 05, 2009, 02:28:20 PM »
If Ian Sane ever loses the Batman Avatars I will be sad....he has kept that up for YEARS, and it is one of the most iconic avatars on these boards.

Really?  I've gotten very bored of it and have been thinking of changing it.  I can only think of five avatars I've ever used on these boards, dating back to PGC pre-EZBoards days.  If I change it I would likely keep the new avatar long enough to be identified with it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:30:06 PM by Ian Sane »

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 05, 2009, 09:34:52 PM »
Your previous one was Loki/Lucifer right?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #327 on: February 05, 2009, 10:22:44 PM »
I thought it was Brian Adams from WCW.  (or Masahiro Chono?  nWo)
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NovaQ

• View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #328 on: February 05, 2009, 10:29:18 PM »
And with all that said, I wouldn't be surprised (or offended) if my post here, amidst those of the veterans and current regulars, gets no responses...

Welcome to the forums!  Be sure to get an avatar.  Without one, I'll inadvertently skim over your posts.  (Not claiming it's rational; it's just the way it is.)

No, that makes sense. I sometimes do the same thing. I drew myself an avatar that I hope to finish and upload this weekend. Thanks for the welcome! (I'm not sure why I assumed people would be semi-unfriendly around here, but I'm glad to be proven otherwise.)

Alright, avatar's up. I hope I won't get skimmed over now...
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 06, 2009, 01:14:31 AM »
Man, posting on NWR sounds hardcore...
It sort of is for certain people. For example, I myself created my account four years ago but it wasn't until about three months ago that I started actually posting on a regular basis. And by "regular basis" I mean about 2 posts a day. I don't feel like my presence here is any different than it was four years ago, probably because this forum is incredibly active and I don't have the time to keep up with it all.

It's a shame, because this place seems like a good community for those who can get themselves to be a part of it.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #330 on: February 06, 2009, 03:01:30 AM »
If Ian Sane ever loses the Batman Avatars I will be sad....he has kept that up for YEARS, and it is one of the most iconic avatars on these boards.
I honestly think his old animated obese Shyguy from Yoshi's Island was more iconic. But I'm just old.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline NovaQ

• View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #331 on: February 06, 2009, 08:02:24 AM »
It sort of is for certain people. For example, I myself created my account four years ago but it wasn't until about three months ago that I started actually posting on a regular basis. And by "regular basis" I mean about 2 posts a day. I don't feel like my presence here is any different than it was four years ago, probably because this forum is incredibly active and I don't have the time to keep up with it all.

It's a shame, because this place seems like a good community for those who can get themselves to be a part of it.

Hey, two posts a day doesn't sound that bad. That's probably about what I'll be capable of. I would think (hope) that, as long as you make your posts count, it'll add to the community in a positive and worthwhile way.
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 06, 2009, 12:43:18 PM »

Hey, two posts a day doesn't sound that bad. That's probably about what I'll be capable of. I would think (hope) that, as long as you make your posts count, it'll add to the community in a positive and worthwhile way.

Don't bash Mario Sunshine and you will be fine. ;)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 06, 2009, 12:44:30 PM »

It was Chono.

Brian Adams?  Of all the wrestler to ever exist why would ANYONE pick freakin' CRUSH as an avatar? :)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #334 on: February 06, 2009, 02:04:21 PM »
Hey, there were both doing that stupid trenchcoat/sunglasses thug look during that golden age of television.

And he wasn't Crush anymore, that property stayed with W.orld W.ildlife F.oundation.  Just 100% Brian Adams.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 06, 2009, 07:24:55 PM »
I would think (hope) that, as long as you make your posts count, it'll add to the community in a positive and worthwhile way.
Maybe I had better leave now then. I'm a person of few words so I try to get my point across in as few words as possible.

Nice author icon by the way, NovaQ.  :) Luigi is my best character in Smash Brothers because a certain pink dinosaur wasn't included for some strange reason.

Quote from: GoldenPheonix
Don't bash Mario Sunshine and you will be fine.
Now that's a game I need to play again, as years have gone by since my one and only play though. Would I still be lynched if I claimed that I didn't particularly like it, but am willing to give it another chance, and I actually think that I would actually enjoy it the second time around?

Now that was a bit of an awkward sentence...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 07, 2009, 02:08:16 AM »
RIP

It was Chono.

Brian Adams?  Of all the wrestler to ever exist why would ANYONE pick freakin' CRUSH as an avatar? :)

RIP Brian Adams
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2009, 10:45:58 AM »
Luigi is my best character in Smash Brothers because a certain pink dinosaur wasn't included for some strange reason.

Birdo isn't a dinosaur.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NovaQ

• View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #338 on: February 07, 2009, 11:23:04 AM »
Nice author icon by the way, NovaQ.  :) Luigi is my best character in Smash Brothers because a certain pink dinosaur wasn't included for some strange reason.

Thanks! Click the link in my signature for a closer look at the picture. I spent a while working on it (it was my first time in Photoshop) and it makes me sad that it's so small on the forums. I think I might try a few more of my own takes on Smash Bros. taunts.

Quote from: GoldenPheonix
Don't bash Mario Sunshine and you will be fine.
Now that's a game I need to play again, as years have gone by since my one and only play though. Would I still be lynched if I claimed that I didn't particularly like it, but am willing to give it another chance, and I actually think that I would actually enjoy it the second time around?

Now that was a bit of an awkward sentence...

Sunshine isn't my favorite Mario game, but I enjoyed it. It looked good, cleaning things was oddly satisfying, and the special areas in particular were really fun. It was also great simply to have a new main-line Mario game to play. But, I wasn't wild about the last several blue coins and the somewhat lack of variety among the levels (though it makes sense that they were all set on the island setting). Bowser's appearance was a bit of a letdown ("Sweet, it's Bowser! But he's... talking and sitting in a hot tub and-- oh, fight's over already. Huh").
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 07, 2009, 12:34:02 PM »
I spent a while working on it (it was my first time in Photoshop) and it makes me sad that it's so small on the forums.
I know what you mean, 100x100 pixels is a pretty small area to work with, it makes it difficult to see the finer details. My suggestion would be to draw a picture with that dimension in mind.

Quote from: vudu
Birdo isn't a dinosaur.
If Birdo isn't a dinosaur, then what would you say he is? Mario Superstar Baseball refers to Birdo as a dinosaur, and I know one shouldn't believe everything that appears in a game, but that's the closest creature he relates to so it's what I'm going with.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 07, 2009, 06:28:36 PM »
Sunshine isn't my favorite Mario game, but I enjoyed it. It looked good, cleaning things was oddly satisfying, and the special areas in particular were really fun. It was also great simply to have a new main-line Mario game to play. But, I wasn't wild about the last several blue coins and the somewhat lack of variety among the levels (though it makes sense that they were all set on the island setting). Bowser's appearance was a bit of a letdown ("Sweet, it's Bowser! But he's... talking and sitting in a hot tub and-- oh, fight's over already. Huh").

I actually liked the final boss battle, it was very different and unique. Not to mention it had GORGEOUS visuals. But I know I'm in the minority for liking it ;).
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 07, 2009, 11:32:50 PM »
The final battle definitely fit the context of the game, it was like Bowser was on sabbatical. Did you ever stop and think that maybe Mario was the one who ruined Bowser's vacation?

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2009, 12:57:35 AM »
Welcome new posters!  Just for kicks, search the forums for the phrase "serious gamer" and you'll see some infamous posts made by me, a.k.a. The Guy That Runs This Site.  That will clue you in to a bunch of the sordid history of these forums.  ;)
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #343 on: February 08, 2009, 01:07:53 AM »
Welcome new posters!  Just for kicks, search the forums for the phrase "serious gamer" and you'll see some infamous posts made by me, a.k.a. The Guy That Runs This Site.  That will clue you in to a bunch of the sordid history of these forums.  ;)

I searched for that but its not working.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 08, 2009, 01:12:58 AM »
Welcome new posters!  Just for kicks, search the forums for the phrase "serious gamer" and you'll see some infamous posts made by me, a.k.a. The Guy That Ruins This Site.  That will clue you in to a bunch of the sordid history of these forums.  ;)

Fixed
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NovaQ

• View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #345 on: February 08, 2009, 11:08:37 AM »

I actually liked the final boss battle, it was very different and unique. Not to mention it had GORGEOUS visuals. But I know I'm in the minority for liking it ;).

Yeah, that was one purdy fight. I enjoyed Corona Mountain, too (both its visuals and the level itself), but the whole final encounter seemed a little too "flash in the pan" for me to really enjoy. Oh well.
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #346 on: February 08, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »
I honestly think his old animated obese Shyguy from Yoshi's Island was more iconic. But I'm just old.

I concur... the definitive Ian avatar for me.

Classic...
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #347 on: February 25, 2009, 09:06:23 PM »
Okay, well I only read pretty much just the first page of this thread, but of what I read, I'm going to remain neutral on this discussion, because I spend little to no time in the video game areas, just the Funhouse (if that's what it's still called) and General Chat. But I am very sad to see Bill leave, because the few times I had a discussion with him were not very pleasent and I wish I could have gotten to know him better and maybe been friends. As for Mario, I'm sad to see him leave as well. I didn't know him that well either, but I did talk to him a few times and he seemed like a nice guy to me.

So I guess those are my thoughts on this. I'm always sad to see people leave, friends or not.
Someday, I will make my own Fantasy Factory to make all of my lifelong dreams come true...

Banana Productions<- Check out my Youtube channel.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #348 on: February 25, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »
Yeah I miss Bill.I have been e-mailing him some.When he isn't busy with medical school he was playing Deadly Creatures and Fear 2.
I made a folder for Bill's e-mails. After I respond I put his e-mails in the folder.I want to get in contact with Mario but I don't know his e-mail.I might have Mario registered on my Wii.Need to check.
edit:I have him registered but he must of not added me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:30:29 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 25, 2009, 10:17:48 PM »
but I don't know his e-mail.I might have Mario registered on my Wii.Need to check.
edit:I have him registered but he must of not added me.

That SOB!!  No wonder they deleted him!!!
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....