Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier  (Read 120715 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Factory Frontier
« Reply #400 on: November 24, 2009, 03:59:04 PM »
I made it through the Green Ruins without ever growing crops in it. The bar has now been set for all of you to not be considered wimps.

Also I do not like the Runey vacuum Harvester device.
And I thought I was the only one.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #401 on: November 24, 2009, 04:08:58 PM »
You went to GameFaqs.  You are still 1st Wimp.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 24, 2009, 04:14:21 PM »
The only thing I've used GameFAQs for is the Runeys. And that's a smart thing to do so I'm not wasting time.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 24, 2009, 07:32:09 PM »
time management is an important part of the game, but you're still a wimp ;)

reading this thread, seeing questions being answered before i can get to them.. well it warms my heart<3

then why oh why do i neglect my game? i still haven't finished my second spring and i've yet to post the GREATNESS growing on my farm!

also, decoyman; Great fucking job getting properity. i've yet to bother with that so i never got to see my crops regrow the next day. thats amazing!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #404 on: November 24, 2009, 08:01:48 PM »
"then why oh why do i neglect my game?"

Cuz you've ascended to my level of greatness:  Non-play.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 24, 2009, 08:03:18 PM »
great ceasars ghost!

i... i wasn't ready yet!

does my diet have to consist of fastfood now?
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #406 on: November 24, 2009, 08:05:01 PM »
It's complete irony:  despite food getting faster, you still won't have time to play games!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 24, 2009, 08:15:52 PM »
Do i have to dump my girlfriend??

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 27, 2009, 12:16:39 AM »
time management is an important part of the game, but you're still a wimp ;)
The FAQ doesn't say anything about how to fit Runey management into my daily routine, I still have to figure that one out on my own. All it did was tell me how Runeys work, which the game fails to do, so I don't have to waste my time with trial and error.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 27, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »
Next time you wonder thru an area and think "man, these runeys are annoying; I can't see a mop darn thing!" Just take a second to harest a couple as you walk to the next house/area and stockpile a few.

Next time you're in an area and think "what the mop! Where did all the runeys go?" You can release a few evenly.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 08, 2009, 09:01:25 PM »
The only thing I've used GameFAQs for is the Runeys. And that's a smart thing to do so I'm not wasting time.

That sounds like defeatist talk to me.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 10, 2009, 12:39:26 PM »
I'll admit, I checked GameFAQs too for runey info. It's rather confusing in-game (runeys eat other runeys? sometimes runeys are added for no apparent reason? sometimes they DON'T eat each other? what???), and not explained well. And yeah, I did read about them in the stupid library. What did I come away with? "Runeys make stuff grow, so watch out!" Lame.

It IS worth it to watch out for them, though. All my crops grow faster, even in dungeons. Heck, I have strawberries every day. Harvest them, water the plants, and next day they're back. That's twice as fast, or double your income if you harvest them every day.

Unfortunately, with no way to grow them in winter, all my areas took fairly major hits. Now that it's spring again, Operation Runey "Runewal" is beginning in earnest.

Also, I've logged... slightly embarrassed... nearly 100 hours in this game. =o It's basically all I've played since I got it several months ago. That's value, folks!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #412 on: December 10, 2009, 01:13:20 PM »
Game of the Years

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 10, 2009, 06:10:21 PM »
That sounds like defeatist talk to me.
You're just upset that you didn't think of it yourself.  :P

It IS worth it to watch out for them, though. All my crops grow faster, even in dungeons. Heck, I have strawberries every day. Harvest them, water the plants, and next day they're back. That's twice as fast, or double your income if you harvest them every day.
Do you really need to get money that quickly though? Growing crops normally has always provided me with enough money to get the things I want at the time I want them.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 10, 2009, 10:57:30 PM »
Also, I've logged... slightly embarrassed... nearly 100 hours in this game. =o It's basically all I've played since I got it several months ago. That's value, folks!

You're welcome.

Game of the Years

Yes, thank you.

Do you really need to get money that quickly though? Growing crops normally has always provided me with enough money to get the things I want at the time I want them.

I wish i paced myself with my purchases :( Before the end of the 1st year, i had everything there is to buy exluding things like a childs bed which you can't acquire so easily

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 16, 2009, 01:57:57 PM »
I booted the game up again for the first time in a while. I'd completely forgotten how annoying Runeys really are. If only they'd taken that stupid system out...ah well, it's still a fun game.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 17, 2009, 03:11:19 PM »
I'd completely forgotten how annoying Runeys really are. If only they'd taken that stupid system out...ah well, it's still a fun game.
I can't tell if you're mocking me or not, but either way, I still share that thought.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 17, 2009, 03:14:50 PM »
I'd completely forgotten how annoying Runeys really are. If only they'd taken that stupid system out...ah well, it's still a fun game.
I can't tell if you're mocking me or not, but either way, I still share that thought.

I agree too.  I'm still confused about them eating each other.  I also have a Runey spreadsheet to track everything cause I got tired of always having to run back to check the map.  My runey levels seem to be doing okay though, no one's extinct....yet.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »
I agree too.  I'm still confused about them eating each other.  I also have a Runey spreadsheet to track everything cause I got tired of always having to run back to check the map.  My runey levels seem to be doing okay though, no one's extinct....yet.

Haha, I read this at first "I'm still confused about them dating each other." :D

But yeah, I hate runeys. Mine went all Donner Expedition on each other over winter. At least they don't leave little runey bones laying around to show the carnage.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #419 on: December 17, 2009, 04:50:44 PM »
Oh no!  There's only a couple weeks left in December!  I need to finish Winter Season!

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 19, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »
I wasn't.

Talk about a missed opportunity!  ;)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 02, 2010, 02:50:11 AM »
The Runeys are the one thing I hate about this game so far. The game would be a lot more fun if I didn't have to manage their population all over the map every day. *cry*
is your sanity...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #422 on: January 02, 2010, 04:47:01 AM »
What the hell, if you're spending time on them every day, you're doing it wrong.

You'll survive fine by focusing maybe 1 day a season, 2 for extra sustainability.  As long as they're alive where it counts without adversely affecting crop growth rates.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 07, 2010, 01:14:01 AM »
I'm so tempted to start a file from scratch, just to re-experience the agony of being butchered by sheep...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #424 on: January 07, 2010, 01:22:19 AM »
LOL!

Those sheep are amazing.