Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier  (Read 121192 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Factory Frontier
« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2009, 03:49:47 PM »
I believe the last day I played was the seventh of winter. I spent the day going around collecting all the Runeys from each area so I can save them for spring when I actually need them. I don't have any crops growing in dungeons and I don't need to get any more money as there isn't really anything to buy right now.

It wasn't that long ago that I unlocked the Snow Ruins but I can't get very far in it because the enemies deal a lot of damage. I crafted a Water Cape so that the ice monsters aren't so painful, but I could use more. I think I also have a Feather Hat, Silver Ring, and... something else, I don't remember. What materials are available to me to craft better armour?

The water cape is a good start. Definately bring in a fire sabre as well, the higher level the better. If you really want to make some good armour, run past as many enemies as you can and hope you make it to the third floor, because that is the earliest you can find PLATINUM! Of course, the chances are better if you delve deeper into the snow ruins, but if you're lucky enough you'll get a peice of platinum or two.

I suggest bringing in a monster with you if you plan to do that, my animal of choice is the silver wolf (and it should be yours two unless you managed to capture something stronger/faster). I really hope you've befriended one of these already because if you took it out often enough and raised its friendship level, it should be strong enough to help you take out some enemies, and its speed helps avoid being attacked if you're careful enough. Oh and best of all, it kinda acts like the teddy bears do in EarthBound where it'll take damage while you're on it but YOU won't. actually, it's been awhile since i took my silver wolf out so i'm just assuming here becuase it always ends up takin more damage than me and returning to the barn before I ever get close to fainting.

so yeah, there's a few tips for ya but the best tip of all is...

LEVEL UP!  You can make it to the last floor of the dungeon (theres a lot of them..) like i did at a mere level 40 something (currently at 55) but don't expect to be able to take down the boss. That giant scary thing :-P is at around level 80. I attempted to fight it once, when i was around level 50 or so and used one of my strongest weapons against it and the damage to it was so minimal that its health gauge didn't change at all.

good luck!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2009, 04:00:05 PM »
Definately bring in a fire sabre as well, the higher level the better.
I have the Flame Axe, is that good enough or is the sword better? I have all of the weapon books currently available so I can make a lot of stuff... if I can find the right materials.

I have some gold material, is there something useful I can make with it?

I suggest bringing in a monster with you if you plan to do that
You can take monsters with you? I haven't caught any yet so I don't know what all could be done with them.

I don't know what level I'm at, I think somewhere in the forties. I'll have to check.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2009, 04:20:47 PM »
Definately bring in a fire sabre as well, the higher level the better.
I have the Flame Axe, is that good enough or is the sword better? I have all of the weapon books currently available so I can make a lot of stuff... if I can find the right materials.

I have some gold material, is there something useful I can make with it?

I suggest bringing in a monster with you if you plan to do that
You can take monsters with you? I haven't caught any yet so I don't know what all could be done with them.

I don't know what level I'm at, I think somewhere in the forties. I'll have to check.

I'll be honest, I haven't crafted the fire axe so i'm not sure. I believe it has a high attack power rating so it might be good, however I prefer the blades for the wider attack range. Does a regular attack from the Flame Axe break the glaciers that block your path? If not, then its not worth it since traversing the dungeon at your level without getting killed will require some speed (hence the monster tip, more on that later). The flame saber, although a little slow, has a wide swing so you can position yourself to swing so that you not only break a glacier but attack an incoming enemy and keep them at bay. Little strategies like that will help you survive.

Also, i know you're not farming in the dungeons but have you thought of growing at least grass? You can use the rune crystals to replenish your RP, letting you use more special attacks, letting you take down enemies quicker, letting you level up faster.

As for gold.. I honestly don't remember what sort of items you can craft from it, so spend some time checking your recipes and figuring out what you can make from it. Visit the lava ruins often to stock on on higher level gold (i believe special attacks from your hammer raise the probobility of a higher level item drop) and do yourself a favor; before you craft anything, be sure to check the levels of all your other ingredients! There's no point in crafting something with a lvl 9 peice of gold if everything else is at lvl 1.

Yes, you can take monsters out with you. I wouldn't advise capturing anything now, while you're in winter, unless you happened to grow a lot of grass during spring/summer or can afford feed from Eric's shop. Monsters get fed automatically as long as they have fodder (ie cut grass) but every day they don't get feed, their friendship with you lowers. Taking them outside with you and visiting certain parts of towns, or dungeons, helps raise their friendship level with you. The higher the friendship level, the better they are all around:

they work more efficiently in your feilds, they supply you with better produce (buffamoos give milk, woolys give wool, etc), or they're hp/atk/def levels go up (i think..).

Any more info i can give to you?
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2009, 04:46:34 PM »
Does a regular attack from the Flame Axe break the glaciers that block your path?
Yes. And a single special attack takes out most of the enemies in the Snow Ruins.
I could always forge the Fire Sabre and test it out, it is good to have options. Though my Weapons level isn't all that high since I've used mostly axes and hammers. The Schnabel or whatever the poison hammer is called was my weapon of choice before forging the Flame Axe.

Also, i know you're not farming in the dungeons but have you thought of growing at least grass?
You mean growing that in the Snow Ruins? That would take some real work, but I guess it's probably a good idea. I've just been using fish dishes but that takes up more inventory slots and also takes time to prepare. I have turnips in the Green Ruins so I can replenish RP without needing the bath, since I usually do that later in the day to have energy for forging and all of that stuff in the house.

Visit the lava ruins often to stock on on higher level gold (i believe special attacks from your hammer raise the probobility of a higher level item drop)
Can you find gold in the Lava Ruins? The only gold I found there was from defeating the boss, but since it is more difficult the second time I haven't wanted to try that again. I didn't know about the special attack thing though.

I think the reason I didn't use the gold for anything yet is because the stuff that needs it also uses other materials that I don't know where to find.

unless you happened to grow a lot of grass during spring/summer
I grew some in Autumn as an easy way to sprout Runeys, but I don't know how much I ended up cutting.

Any more info i can give to you?
Not right now, thanks. Though when I play it again I might think of something.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 08, 2009, 05:06:02 PM »
- Good to know about the flame sabre. The poison spear is a pretty good weapon, i used it plenty in the Lava Ruins when i was under leveled. It's range and poison attack came in handy there.

- Yes, growing grass in the snow ruins. How did i forgett about Autumn? lol Anyway, there's a good place to grow grass right there on the first floor, and even if you have some turnips in another ruin, havin some crystals available right there in the snow ruins will be a big help.

- Did you mean "can you ONLY find gold in the lava ruins?"? If that was the question, the answer is no. They can be found elsewhere. I think once you acquire a peice, it can be found everywhere else just not as frequ ently. For instance, once i was able to get some silver in the later part of the green ruin, it started showing up earlier in the dungeon as well as some parts of Whale Island, just not as frequently as i could get it in the gree/lava ruins. Your safest bet for gold would be the lower floors of the Lava ruin though, for now at least.

- You can check how much feed you have by just walking up to your barn and reading the little sign next to the entrance. It might even show up in one of your menus.

- glad i could help.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 08, 2009, 05:28:07 PM »
So my package arrived including this game. Going to try it Monday or Tuesday. I'm excited to try a new Harvest Moon game. FarmVille on Facebook is nice and all, but I crave a true farming sim.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 08, 2009, 10:54:40 PM »
So my package arrived including this game. Going to try it Monday or Tuesday.
A word of advice: don't ignore the Runeys.

- Did you mean "can you ONLY find gold in the lava ruins?"?
No, I was asking if gold could be found in the Lava Ruins. As I said, the only gold I found there was from defeating the boss. I guess I'll look again.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 09, 2009, 06:32:44 PM »
gold should be relatively easy to find (now that you've acquired it) anywhere from BF3 to the very bottom of the dungeon. You can use the warp to the last floor and break the rocks there for gold. If you don't get some right away, exit the dungeon and re-enter.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 19, 2009, 09:30:01 PM »
Uh oh.
This game has been put back into its case, and is no longer sitting on top of the Wii. That's usually the "kiss of death" insofar as not finishing a game is concerned. I hope I pick it back up sometime, but I don't even remember what I was working on.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #334 on: November 19, 2009, 09:48:03 PM »
You were farming.  Get back to it.

NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP

NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN

NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND AND DESERT YOU~~~
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 19, 2009, 09:50:19 PM »
I couldn't have been farming because it's winter and I don't farm in dungeons either.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 19, 2009, 09:53:02 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you to the posters in this thread.  I'd never heard of this game before reading about it here, and it sounded like something I'd really like so I went out and picked up the only copy of it I could find.  I am having a wonderful time with it!  The suggestions in this thread have been excellent.  I've had it for a while now, but the forum wouldn't let me join, so this is a belated thank you for an excellent game suggestion.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 19, 2009, 09:58:52 PM »
I'm the same way myself, this thread is the reason I bought the game. The single best piece of advice: don't ignore the Runeys!

And welcome by the way, I hope you stick around.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 20, 2009, 03:25:15 AM »
I died about 10 minutes into the game so I'm starting over... :-[

Using a hoe to fight monsters doesn't seem to be terribly effective.
My Game Collection

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2009, 09:57:42 AM »
Hay even I survived my first fights using the Hoe.

Your mistake was not eating WEEDS to heal yourself when things got hairy.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 20, 2009, 04:26:24 PM »

What were you doing entering a dungeon before you get a sword anyway? There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. :P

This. Weeds are the backbone of my character's diet.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 20, 2009, 04:47:08 PM »
Hay even I survived my first fights using the Hoe.

I killed several monster successfully and ate all of my weeds to heal. I then got cocky and kept going into the dungeon (the floating whale one) and got killed farther in.

What were you doing entering a dungeon before you get a sword anyway? There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. :P

This. Weeds are the backbone of my character's diet.

I hadn't found the blacksmith yet, apparently. I was just wandering around exploring and stumbled upon the path to the floating whale island and decided to check it out.
My Game Collection

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2009, 04:52:03 PM »
I had the same problem, I kept trying to explore the cave and wasn't careful about how much I could handle.  I actually only got a sword near the end of Spring, I just used whatever farming implement struck my fancy that day.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 20, 2009, 04:54:08 PM »
I like using the farming implements. Makes me feel a bit like a peasant trying to revolt against my evil baron. :)
My Game Collection

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 20, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »
Wow, clever, I just didn't know the blacksmith sold swords.  Now that I have a sword I still rather prefer my farm tools; comfort in familiarity.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2009, 05:05:24 PM »
Wow, clever, I just didn't know the blacksmith sold swords.  Now that I have a sword I still rather prefer my farm tools; comfort in familiarity.

Plus fighting with them levels them up faster.
My Game Collection

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 20, 2009, 05:09:13 PM »
Oh that's true as well, I just never think about it that way.  I guess I'm not looking ahead terribly well....

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 20, 2009, 05:14:11 PM »
I just think like that. I'm sure there are benefits for using swords over your hoes and such in the game.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 20, 2009, 05:15:15 PM »
Yeah, but if you fight with your farming tools now, by the time you need a real weapon you'll have a really low Weapons level and won't be able to use the strong swords.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 20, 2009, 05:19:10 PM »
I am using the sword more now than I was, I'm not a huge fan of it but it's a necessary evil I'm sure.  Certainly in the Green Ruins (which I only recently found, everyone on this thread kept mentioning them and I wandered all over the place looking, not my brightest moment) I find the a sword to be a major asset.