Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier  (Read 121137 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Factory Frontier
« Reply #300 on: October 20, 2009, 04:07:46 PM »
I need to level up my skills in crafting. I have made all 4 capes (wind, fire, water, earth) and want to make a black robe already! But i'm not at lvl 95 :(

Well, I had my first storm in the second week of summer. I wondered what was up, why it wasn't letting me go outside. So instead, I just crafted and crafted for as long as I could, interspersing with cooking for items to rebuild my RP. I went up almost 30 levels, which was pretty good, I thought. (of course, I was only at level 3 or 4 before that...)
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2009, 07:12:04 PM »
AUGH I haven't touched this game.  I miss my girls.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2009, 07:34:06 PM »

I know how you feel. I can't wait for the second summer to come by so i can check out the girls in their new bathing suits i've hand made for them. If i can somehow make it to craft level 99 from wherever i am now (50 something?) before summer i'll be able to check out the ladies in the AMAZING (TWO PEICE) SWIMSUITS!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #303 on: October 20, 2009, 07:36:54 PM »
That makes my carrots grow!

FROTHING DEMAND

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 20, 2009, 07:38:39 PM »
That makes my carrots grow!

FROTHING DEMAND

I'll make it my new goal and try to post BARELY LEGAL pics that BORDER THE BANHAMMER
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 20, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »
I need to level up my skills in crafting. I have made all 4 capes (wind, fire, water, earth) and want to make a black robe already! But i'm not at lvl 95 :(
What skill are you at? I think you could do it if you're 20 levels under. There wouldn't be any green sections of course...

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 20, 2009, 07:55:17 PM »
What skill are you at? I think you could do it if you're 20 levels under. There wouldn't be any green sections of course...

Oh i know, but if i'm gonna gift my future bride, it's gonna be a high level item for HIGH LEVEL HAWTNESS. So i'll just wait till i'm at lvl 99 and have lvl 10 ingredients.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 20, 2009, 07:57:09 PM »
Does the level of an item really have any effect when it's given as a gift?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 20, 2009, 08:00:30 PM »
Does the level of an item really have any effect when it's given as a gift?

No but it has an effect on my pride as a craftsmen.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 26, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »
Ok, so I was playing the other day, and it's summer, and all the girls in town were talking about seeing a ghost in town. I stayed up late and wandered till I passed out from fatigue, but never found anything.

Anyone have any idea what's up with that? Also, Lara will never, ever love me because I die all the time. :P
Twitter

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 26, 2009, 04:28:07 PM »

I know how you feel. I can't wait for the second summer to come by so i can check out the girls in their new bathing suits i've hand made for them. If i can somehow make it to craft level 99 from wherever i am now (50 something?) before summer i'll be able to check out the ladies in the AMAZING (TWO PEICE) SWIMSUITS!

I may or may not have some bad news for you on that front...>_>

Ok, so I was playing the other day, and it's summer, and all the girls in town were talking about seeing a ghost in town. I stayed up late and wandered till I passed out from fatigue, but never found anything.

Anyone have any idea what's up with that? Also, Lara will never, ever love me because I die all the time. :P

Don't get too invested in that plotline, or waste your nights. Just keep talking to the folks, and eventually Lara will (anti-climatically) lay it out for you.

Man, I'm just peeing in everybody's Wheaties today, ain't I?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2009, 05:40:18 PM »
Good thing i don't eat wheaties!

I've been ignoring this thread and the game, and i miss them both. I have greatness to show off soon though... soon.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 27, 2009, 06:18:43 PM »
Don't get too invested in that plotline, or waste your nights. Just keep talking to the folks, and eventually Lara will (anti-climatically) lay it out for you.

Ah dang. That storyline appears to have just gone away on its own once fall arrived. Oh well. :P

Easycure, I'm beginning to see that you must've been really trucking to get to the point you were by the end of the first year... I'm not even close to going on a date with anyone yet, let alone multiple people. And I foolishly somehow let Bianca and Tabatha leave after summer! I even had the little elephant and everything... (yes, I read a FAQ after that little critter sitting in my barn for months and doing nothing, haha).I even talked to them quite a bit, but apparently not enough...
Twitter

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 28, 2009, 11:18:36 AM »

Ah dang. That storyline appears to have just gone away on its own once fall arrived. Oh well. :P

Easycure, I'm beginning to see that you must've been really trucking to get to the point you were by the end of the first year... I'm not even close to going on a date with anyone yet, let alone multiple people. And I foolishly somehow let Bianca and Tabatha leave after summer! I even had the little elephant and everything... (yes, I read a FAQ after that little critter sitting in my barn for months and doing nothing, haha).I even talked to them quite a bit, but apparently not enough...

The storyline all but dissapeared after the first week for me :P It sets you up as chasing Mist to this new town then...???...Then she talks of dreams, then all of a sudden **** just happens and you're like "oh... ok then..?" but the few hints you're given to unfold the events that further along the story are so vague that i'm surprised I even got it to happen as fast as i did.

It's funny, i didn't think i was "trucking" at first but i guess you're right. Now that i've completed the main storyline I feel like there's not much to do but level up until I'm strong enough to take on the games last two bosses. I actually went on a date with Mist yesterday and will be asking out my next girl soon after, just not sure who... I can ask out Melody or Iris right now (i think thats about it, maybe annette?). However, now that i'm done with the storyline and feel it wont be cheating to read FAQ's, it looks like there's only ONE date per season so asking out all the girls will take some time... but i still wanna do it ;)

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 28, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »

The storyline all but dissapeared after the first week for me :P It sets you up as chasing Mist to this new town then...???...Then she talks of dreams, then all of a sudden **** just happens and you're like "oh... ok then..?" but the few hints you're given to unfold the events that further along the story are so vague that i'm surprised I even got it to happen as fast as i did.

It's funny, i didn't think i was "trucking" at first but i guess you're right. Now that i've completed the main storyline I feel like there's not much to do but level up until I'm strong enough to take on the games last two bosses. I actually went on a date with Mist yesterday and will be asking out my next girl soon after, just not sure who... I can ask out Melody or Iris right now (i think thats about it, maybe annette?). However, now that i'm done with the storyline and feel it wont be cheating to read FAQ's, it looks like there's only ONE date per season so asking out all the girls will take some time... but i still wanna do it ;)

Ask multiple girls out. Nothing bad could possibly happen...  ;)

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 28, 2009, 03:28:18 PM »

Ask multiple girls out. Nothing bad could possibly happen...  ;)

Hahahaha NO!

It's bad enough I tried to change into my swimsuit once in the summer and FOUR different girls were in there at the same time. So much LP lost...

/cry

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 28, 2009, 06:18:11 PM »
Oh dirty floors am I in trouble now.

I recently realized the importance of the Runeys. I didn't know that they were anything which would have any affects on anything, or that they were something I needed to babysit. It was the middle of Autumn, so they were all dead. DEAD. I wondered why my summer crops weren't growing as fast as they said they would...

I'm not really sure what to do now. I've consulted a FAQ on GameFAQs on how to manage Runeys, but it assumes I actually have some to work with. I had an abundance of Tree and Water Runeys which isn't going to do any good. Rock Runeys are pretty gone everywhere except my homestead. So, I've just placed a few Water and Tree Runeys in each area to get my crops to grow, then leave the fully-grown crops in the ground so they spawn Runeys. The Water and Tree ones aren't going to survive but there wasn't much I could do about that. I've stockpiled the Runeys on my land, and then on the 30th I distributed one of each type to each area. For the first week of each month, one of each type will appear in each area as long as there's at least one.

That's where I am now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do once the food chain takes effect. There aren't enough in each area for them to survive the rest of the month, and without being able to grow crops, very few new ones will appear on my land.

This whole aspect is actually pretty annoying. It's just tedious to do and doesn't feel like accomplishing anything. There's enough to do in this game without something silly like this.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #317 on: October 28, 2009, 07:50:04 PM »
I don't think they're that critical.  Having a balance within a town section is important if you're going to farm the dungeon there, but the fact is the homestead is a safe motherland for growing new runeys as long as it's continuously cultivated.  Having runeys everywhere, from my understanding, is NOT critical; what's important is to have the runeys balanced within a single town section that you intend to farm (ex: Mist's House area affects crops in Green Ruins).

Summer crops take ridiculously long to grow, and they're easy to lose track of when you deviate from your daily routine; it's too easy to neglect crops for a day and make growth rates seem longer than you expect.

Once Winter rolls around and your farm can't grow anything, then your Homestead runeys will start to take a hit, and you should be prepared to grow crops elsewhere anyway.  Or FISH!  Runeys don't affect FISH!  When Spring arrives, you can try to repair the ecosystem then.

The benefits of having an abundance of runeys are creating Miracles and forming Rune Stones.

Only my Homestead and Mist's House are being maintained.  The lake has a bunch of Water Runeys, and the Mountain Road has a bunch of Tree Runeys, cuz that's how nature happened.  Everything else is Zombieland.  If I chose to redistribute my Homestead Runeys, I just leave about 10 of each behind, then start dropping Runeys elsewhere based on where their population growth is favorable.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:54:56 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 28, 2009, 08:44:31 PM »
I don't think they're that critical.  Having a balance within a town section is important if you're going to farm the dungeon there, but the fact is the homestead is a safe motherland for growing new runeys as long as it's continuously cultivated.  Having runeys everywhere, from my understanding, is NOT critical; what's important is to have the runeys balanced within a single town section that you intend to farm (ex: Mist's House area affects crops in Green Ruins).

Summer crops take ridiculously long to grow, and they're easy to lose track of when you deviate from your daily routine; it's too easy to neglect crops for a day and make growth rates seem longer than you expect.

Once Winter rolls around and your farm can't grow anything, then your Homestead runeys will start to take a hit, and you should be prepared to grow crops elsewhere anyway.  Or FISH!  Runeys don't affect FISH!  When Spring arrives, you can try to repair the ecosystem then.

The benefits of having an abundance of runeys are creating Miracles and forming Rune Stones.

Only my Homestead and Mist's House are being maintained.  The lake has a bunch of Water Runeys, and the Mountain Road has a bunch of Tree Runeys, cuz that's how nature happened.  Everything else is Zombieland.  If I chose to redistribute my Homestead Runeys, I just leave about 10 of each behind, then start dropping Runeys elsewhere based on where their population growth is favorable.

Actually, it's the other way around: the runeys for a particular zone are irrelevant: it's the aggregate that matters. Your farm can be barren, but as long as the other zones are in prosperity, you take advantage of the prosperity rules.

So yes, Mop_it_up, you ARE in trouble.

Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to fix this. First, take advantage of your farm being a free zone, so as to grow more runeys. Second, remember that any 3x3 plot ON YOUR FARM that you don't harvest creates an extra runey at the end of the day (unharvested plots in dungeons only create Rune Spirits, which you don't care about right now). Third, remember that the first eight days of each month are "free" days, where runeys don't kill each other; in fact, you GAIN one of each runey in a zone.

So STOP HARVESTING IMMEDIATELY. Let your farm produce runeys. Hold onto rock and grass runeys for the rest of the month. In the meantime, move one (and only one) tree or water runey into any zone that is in runey extinction (this prevents the penalty on growing crops: one of any runey is enough to avoid the penalty. But remember to replenish each zone ASAP!).

On the last day of the month, harvest all but one of the rock and grass runeys on your farm. On the first day of the next month, move ONE rock and ONE grass runey to as many different zones as you can. This is so you can take advantage of the "one new runey a day" rule. At the end of the eigth day, harvest all your grass runeys from all but one zone. Start a grass factory per Gamefaqs' suggestion (preferably in Mist's zone) to increase your Grass supply, and nurse the factory as needed. Remember to keep an eye on the other zones, and make sure to replenish one random runey in any zone that goes into extinction.

Rock Runeys are trickier: I advise harvesting all of them until you have a decent supply of grass runeys beyond what you need for your factory. Pick a Rock-friendly zone (I like the Town Square). If possible, get it into prosperity by adding 35 of each type, and replenish the two lost grass everyday (while harvesting some of the other three types).

If you can't reach prosperity, dump as many grass as you can afford, an equal number of tree, as many rock as you can, and a handful of water runeys into the zone, and keep a very close eye on the runey balance. You'll probably need to trim the water supply, while replenishing the grass.

Alternatively, you could harvest all your runeys after the 8th of Winter, then take advantage of the 8-day rule come Spring. That should give you a running start for that month, with the only cost being that your crops in the dungeons will grow pretty slowly.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #319 on: October 28, 2009, 10:21:28 PM »
At least someone around here is a bonafide Runey Biologist.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 29, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »
At least someone around here is a bonafide Runey Biologist.

Seriously.

I'm never going to go that in depth with runey distribution, ever.

Oh and Mop_it_up, here's another peice of advice if you do want to manage runeys better; rain and snow cause an increas in Water Runey's so be sure to balance things appropriately.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 29, 2009, 07:57:44 PM »
Me and Kanno, we like 'dis.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 29, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »
Like I said, I've consulted a FAQ on GameFAQs so I know what to do. I'd just rather not have to do it because it's stupid.

I don't really need money right now so I'm not growing any crops in dungeons. I'm using the winter month to stockpile Runeys and prepare for spring. I've distributed one of each type of Runey to each section for the first week to take advantage of the early-month bonus, and once that ends I'm going to gather them all up and stash them until spring. Though I might take some out and try to get the 20-Runey bonus on the 20th. After that, I'm going to only do the minimal effort to keep each area alive throughout the month, and not worry about getting areas into prosperity or any such nonsense.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 30, 2009, 10:59:12 AM »
I'm trying to create some balance but i'm not going for perfection. I figure i'll get things at a decent balance by the end of summer (i'm in mid-spring now) and just start breeding some monster babies with my runeys during Fall and use them for some extra income in Winter.. not that i need the $ since there's nothing else I can buy (besides the last barn upgrade.. until i get married.. which looks like it won't be awhile since i'd like to take each girl in town on at least one date).

Ahh.. the good life.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 08, 2009, 03:27:29 PM »
I believe the last day I played was the seventh of winter. I spent the day going around collecting all the Runeys from each area so I can save them for spring when I actually need them. I don't have any crops growing in dungeons and I don't need to get any more money as there isn't really anything to buy right now.

It wasn't that long ago that I unlocked the Snow Ruins but I can't get very far in it because the enemies deal a lot of damage. I crafted a Water Cape so that the ice monsters aren't so painful, but I could use more. I think I also have a Feather Hat, Silver Ring, and... something else, I don't remember. What materials are available to me to craft better armour?