Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier  (Read 121388 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Factory Frontier
« Reply #275 on: October 12, 2009, 07:54:59 PM »
Wow, that was some slow shipping. I got my Amazon order in 5 days.

You've reached the point of Little King's Story where I felt it started to drag on and become less inspired. But you should have only a couple of hours left if you don't get distracted by the side quests.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2009, 11:10:45 AM »
Yeah, I have unlocked all of those doors. I was kind of wondering if I were missing something in that place because I thought it was strange that I'd need a better hammer in order to "beat" it. I'll have a closer look the next time I visit the place.

Be on the lookout for any suspicious alcoves that aren't really dead ends but GIANT FUCKING DOORS. I still don't know how i missed that one..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #277 on: October 13, 2009, 12:17:48 PM »
You're both not casual enough, thinking too hard and expecting some serious Boss Key puzzle.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2009, 12:21:49 PM »
No i just expected something that looks like a door or some sort of lair, not a wall located off camera with pretty much the same textures as the rest of the dungeon.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
If you're an animal living inside a dungeon, do you want to be bothered?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 13, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »
Be on the lookout for any suspicious alcoves that aren't really dead ends but GIANT FUCKING DOORS. I still don't know how i missed that one..
Yes, yes, I found it last night. You're right, the door doesn't really look like a door, and when I'm carrying a weapon I don't always notice when the action icon changes to "look". But since you told me to look for something that's easy to miss I walked about the room without carrying anything. That giant chicken didn't stand a chance against my Fire Rod!

Thanks for telling me I missed something, I don't know if I ever would have figured that out otherwise.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #281 on: October 13, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 13, 2009, 06:51:06 PM »
 :D ;D

That was the perfect delivery on that one.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2009, 02:57:21 PM »
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=100425

"A lot of publishers big and small are going through a challenging time right now, us included. But we're so small with more yearly releases than employees resulting in low fixed costs (and crazy working hours) that if we sell even a decent amount of units we'll be fine. Problem is that most new releases these days aren't meeting the publishers' sales expectations, but we still won't be going anywhere anytime soon."

KEEP HOPE ALIVE

"RFF sales have always been steady, even back when it was full price, but the problem these days is that it's such a challenging market out there that retailers will not restock any games unless the sales are exceptional, not just good, and that's only if they even brought in the title at all at launch. The end sales to the consumer has increased at the new $29.99 price, but retailers are still hesitant to bring in more copies even at the lower price so it makes it hard for the consumers to find it. Very different than how the market was 2 years ago, so pre-orders are more important now than ever (as you can probably guess from almost every single ad asking people to pre-order)."

MY HAURT GOES OUT TO THEM.  One of the trends I've noticed at retailers is more games simply aren't being stocked, like they have no idea how to gage demand, especially if it's from a small publisher (but they surely carry a lot of CRAP from major publishers like Ubisoft).  Like this Walmart never stocked No More Heroes, this Target never stocked The Conduit, and increasingly my local GameStop (a SPECIALTY store by comparison) conditionally stocks niche Wii titles based on pre-orders (if it's not kiddie/casual or by Nintendo, it's automatically niche); no pre-order? probably no stock on Day 1.  This sucks.

No one here pre-ordered Overlord: Dark Legend, the store received only 1 copy, and turned it into the display copy.  It wasn't tarnished at all, so I bought that one since it was already there.

No one here pre-ordered Cursed Mountain, and the store never stocked it.  The clerk called up the store in the next town and found they had a copy, so he asked them to hold it for me and I bought it over there.

I pre-ordered Ju-On, so yesterday I witnessed the friendly manager open up his fresh UPS delivery, revealing 4 copies of Ju-On.  Score.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2009, 03:06:09 PM »
I order my games mostly on Amazon so I never have an issue with finding the hard to get titles.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #285 on: October 14, 2009, 03:11:49 PM »
It's funny how ordering online supports XSEED yet still hurts their in-store business model, the one that counts on people passing by and noticing a game physically in front of them, and allows one to pay with cash instead of a card/bank transaction.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 14, 2009, 03:23:29 PM »
Well, every time I've tried to buy an XSEED game in a real store, they haven't had it in stock. :/

I'll try to do it next time in a store before I order online.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »
Every time I've tried to buy an XSEED game in a retail store, it was defective.  :-\

It's kind of sad that retailers have more faith in the shovelware than higher-quality games. I bought this from Best Buy's website because it wasn't in stock in any of the Best Buy stores near me.

Unfortunately I don't think XSEED's games sell that well anyway. When I bought Little King's Story from GameStop the guy said that I was the first person to buy it, and that was three months after it was released.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2009, 08:02:36 PM »
:D ;D

That was the perfect delivery on that one.

Yes, yes it was lol. Funny, cuz it was that sort of thinking that made me go into that battle with the fire rod in hand.

By the way, you can fight him more than once so feel free to go back, be warned though: The boss is harder the second time around. Once you're strong enought to take him out in a few hits (like me!) you can use his item drops to make some sweet crafts/tools. If you're lucky, you'll get some high level stuff too. Oh and there's a trick i've read about that lets you multiply certain items....

But i'll let you look it up if you wanna cheat.

@Pro's other post:

My heart goes out to them as well. Makes me want to go out and buy ever other RF title out there... too bad the only place i've seen the DS titles are at gamestop, ughhh.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 14, 2009, 11:38:38 PM »
I'm not going to cheat, that's pointless.

I had my first storm today, it made my field a real mess. Like really, every square has a branch, rock, or stump. How did a storm bring in stumps? Completely illogical.

Would it have been not so bad if I actually had my field tilled?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2009, 11:58:08 PM »
I'm not going to cheat, that's pointless.

I had my first storm today, it made my field a real mess. Like really, every square has a branch, rock, or stump. How did a storm bring in stumps? Completely illogical.

Would it have been not so bad if I actually had my field tilled?

Probably worse. Go back a few pages and see the lkast picture I posted

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 15, 2009, 02:07:37 PM »
Wow, guys... this is scary. This game has been sucking up my free time like mad. Video game crack, indeed.

I beat Little King's Story finally, so started in on this a few days ago. Unfortunately, I came down with a cold and was home from work, so was happy to have a new game to play. I popped it in to try it out... and played the whole day. I haven't done that in a looooong time. Fire Emblem GC maybe?

And now, I'm totally neglecting the mafia game because—you guessed it—I'm too busy playing RFF. That "just one more day" thing is nearly never-ending—scarves out of a magician's pocket, red to blue to yellow to green to purple, etc. At first it's almost daunting, the amount of things you can do... but I find myself easing into these various activities pretty comfortably. Someone will give me a book on cooking, so I'll try it out and realize that I get some real benefits with the results. I get bored with farming, so I go questing for awhile (and find how awesome, like everyone's saying, farming in the dungeons is). I get annoyed at the stumps in my field, encouraging me to learn how to forge to get a new hammer. It's really a great balance, just enough coaxing that I think I'm doing these things on my timetable, even if that's not quite the case.

So... wow, awesome game. Even though I'll likely be totally burnt out on gaming by the time I'm done with this game, I'm really enjoying the ride. <3
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2009, 02:32:01 PM »
<3

The game has claimed another victim.  Steady sales indeed.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2009, 07:22:22 PM »
<3

The game has claimed another victim.  Steady sales indeed.

Bill was a martyr for this it seems, and you spread his words in his absence while I took heed and echoed your every sentiment so the masses could hear.

For once, this feels like an actual gaming community.

Now let us all do our RFF prayers.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 15, 2009, 07:28:58 PM »
I just got a Lumber Axe so now I can clear out stumps in 3 strikes instead of 6. It's going to be a lot easier to clear the field now.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 15, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »
I just got a Lumber Axe so now I can clear out stumps in 3 strikes instead of 6. It's going to be a lot easier to clear the field now.

wait till your winter blizzard ;)

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 16, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »

Oh awesome, glad to hear there's hope. Right now it takes six special attacks or TWELVE normal attacks to clear a stump out... it is a pain, to say the least. DX
Twitter

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2009, 02:07:09 PM »
Right now it takes six special attacks or TWELVE normal attacks to clear a stump out... it is a pain, to say the least. DX
I didn't even know you could clear stumps with normal swings.

That "just one more day" thing is nearly never-ending—
Yeah, you're likely not going to have enough time in one day to do everything you want, so you want to keep going. It's best to try to budget your time for what you do each day; pick a task or two that you'll focus on for that day and get it done.

I get annoyed at the stumps in my field, encouraging me to learn how to forge to get a new hammer.
I think you may run into a problem if you try to clear stumps with a hammer.  :P

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l28/ThreeImaginaryBoys/2009-09-07205632.jpg
Yeah, that's pretty much what mine looked like after the summer storm. And it really sucks, because it is difficult enough to gain money during the summer with how slowly the crops grow, I don't need something to come and destroy them.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 20, 2009, 12:19:54 PM »
I get annoyed at the stumps in my field, encouraging me to learn how to forge to get a new hammer.
I think you may run into a problem if you try to clear stumps with a hammer.  :P

Ahahaha, RIGHT. :P

New News! I was harassed by the drunken innkeeper for not having a girlfriend to go with my on the boat race. :( Luckily, some spousal abuse took place soon after that which kept me safe from his hulking mass sinking my boat. :D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:31:50 PM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2009, 12:27:38 PM »
I need to level up my skills in crafting. I have made all 4 capes (wind, fire, water, earth) and want to make a black robe already! But i'm not at lvl 95 :(