Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier  (Read 121198 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Rune Factory Frontier
« Reply #250 on: September 29, 2009, 12:22:44 PM »
This game is full of cute and enriches my soul.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 29, 2009, 01:34:16 PM »
This game is full of cute and enriches my soul.

I'm gonna post a picture of my farm once all my crops are fully grown this spring. That'll enrich your soul for sure. Then once Summer roles around again, at least half the girls in town will have brand new bathing suits to show off, thanks for yours truly ;)

Oh and a mini-update:

I mentioned earlier that I finished the main storyline (won't go in to details because of spoilers) AND got to finish off the rest of the day on new years eve, right? Right-o. I didn't mentioned, though, that once I got a certain character back in the game, that I was able to ask her back out an ANOTHER date to make up for the one i missed. WOO!

On top of that, i realized I could ask yet another girl on a date too.. however I didn't feel like asking her out and then have any potential drama because I asked two girls out on a date at once.. I don't' know how the system works.. if there's only one potential date per month/season or if any festival day can be a potential date day.. Next time I'll play I'll have to ask the second (or third!) girl out and see what happens. If i make a date with two girls on the same day.. well I'll just have to skip fwd in time until that day and see if i get any crazy Threes Company type shenanigans! If i do, I'll LOL then reset and play it safe. I don't feel like losing any LP.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2009, 07:47:02 PM »
What exactly do you mean by one attack? Depending on the tool or weapon you're using, you have multiple means of attacking...
Yeah, the variety of weapons helps cut down on the monotony, but still, it basically consists of running up to the enemy, mashing the "A" button, and retreating before they attack back. I don't know, I guess it just isn't really my thing.

a certain character also likes it when you till your fields (bonus LP)
Would that be Mist? She's the one who comes to visit every day, though she comes at 12:00 which is usually after I've done all of the farmwork. I don't have any spaces tilled other than the ones used for growing crops. I want the grasses to grow so I can use them in the alchemy lab to make potions and such.

Where does this fishing enthusiast appear? There are two spots I rarely visit, the beach and the lake, so it must be around there.

remember that leveling up your skill levels will mean a decrease in RP consumption.
Does it really do that? Because I'm over level 20 in farming and the hoe has used 10 RP for as long as I can remember.

When I tried to read the books in the library my character says "I can't really read anything here". That weird girl recently came and destroyed the place, does that mean I can read the books now?

I'm curious, is there any way you can upload a picture of your farm in its current state?
It'd have to be several pictures because the farmland doesn't fit on one screen. Can I just count the squares used for crops and tell you that number?

Is there any way to increase the max RP? To my disappointment, leveling up does only HP.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2009, 12:09:04 PM »
What exactly do you mean by one attack? Depending on the tool or weapon you're using, you have multiple means of attacking...
Yeah, the variety of weapons helps cut down on the monotony, but still, it basically consists of running up to the enemy, mashing the "A" button, and retreating before they attack back. I don't know, I guess it just isn't really my thing.

a certain character also likes it when you till your fields (bonus LP)
Would that be Mist? She's the one who comes to visit every day, though she comes at 12:00 which is usually after I've done all of the farmwork. I don't have any spaces tilled other than the ones used for growing crops. I want the grasses to grow so I can use them in the alchemy lab to make potions and such.

Where does this fishing enthusiast appear? There are two spots I rarely visit, the beach and the lake, so it must be around there.

remember that leveling up your skill levels will mean a decrease in RP consumption.
Does it really do that? Because I'm over level 20 in farming and the hoe has used 10 RP for as long as I can remember.

When I tried to read the books in the library my character says "I can't really read anything here". That weird girl recently came and destroyed the place, does that mean I can read the books now?

I'm curious, is there any way you can upload a picture of your farm in its current state?
It'd have to be several pictures because the farmland doesn't fit on one screen. Can I just count the squares used for crops and tell you that number?

Is there any way to increase the max RP? To my disappointment, leveling up does only HP.

Yes, Mist.

You're right, the fisherman does appear in those areas but she might also be closer than you think, as long as she's arrived in town!

Yes, the character that destroys the library means you can now read books, however you'll only have access to certain books at a time. For instance, if you step in to a dungeon for the first time, it'll unlock a book you can read about it.  Until then, you'll get the same message from the main character. Also note that each book case has 4 books to read; I was under the impression that because I couldn't read most books that this was like every other game where you "check" something similar and get the saaaame message over and over. A horrible RPG cliche if you ask me.

I thought RP and HP increase when your character levels up...
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2009, 03:47:07 PM »
RP is stuck at 500pts.

The big idea is to continue using your skills to upgrade their levels and incrementally reduce their consumption-per-use rating.

And THE effective way to benefit from continued skill usage is to farm inside the dungeons; the cultivated patches will produce those daily fuzzy floating RP-replenishing crystals, helping to offset the mass RP consumption by your other activities.

I've pretty much dedicated the 1st floor of the Green Ruins to that purpose, providing me enough crystals to replenish almost 2000 RP in a day.  It's easy to take this "RP Farm" for granted.

(also fish and cook a lot so there's a never-ending supply of real-time RP-replenishing snacks)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2009, 11:08:46 PM »
As far as I can tell, raising the level of a skill only reduces the RP use of tools/weapons once you reach the required skill of said tool/weapon. The hoe has a required skill of 1 and has used 10 RP for as long as I can remember so I don't think it'll ever get any lower. I'm not sure if special attacks will use less RP on higher levels though.

My field has ten of the 9x9 squares of crops. That's ninety squares, meaning it takes 450 RP to water them all. Or it did until I forged the tin can, and with its special attack it now takes 300 RP total. The rest of the field is untilled because I want grass to grow for potions and such, and weeds are the backbone of my character's diet. By the way, I think it is funny how the watering can has a higher attack than a sword.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2009, 11:40:11 PM »
"As far as I can tell, raising the level of a skill only reduces the RP use of tools/weapons once you reach the required skill of said tool/weapon. The hoe has a required skill of 1 and has used 10 RP for as long as I can remember so I don't think it'll ever get any lower."

The number displayed never changes, as it's simply the default consumption value.  But as your particular skill level gets sufficiently higher, the reduced RP cost is noticeable, as the bar doesn't drop so quickly.  If you want to numerically verify the reduction, look at your EXP/Status screen before and after using a skilled tool a few times in a row, and by arithmetic you'll see the RP discount.  I wasn't convinced of it at first until did such a test; for instance, I started to notice 1-RP wasn't being consumed every 5 swings.

But really, producing fuzzy rune crystals inside dungeons is one of the most effective ways to maintain your daily RP.

"and weeds are the backbone of my character's diet"

=D

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 01, 2009, 10:11:45 AM »
I'm hoping my Super Saver shipping estimate is a dirty lie, and I get this game before the 9th. *fingerscrossed*
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 01, 2009, 11:18:35 AM »
As far as I can tell, raising the level of a skill only reduces the RP use of tools/weapons once you reach the required skill of said tool/weapon. The hoe has a required skill of 1 and has used 10 RP for as long as I can remember so I don't think it'll ever get any lower. I'm not sure if special attacks will use less RP on higher levels though.

My field has ten of the 9x9 squares of crops. That's ninety squares, meaning it takes 450 RP to water them all. Or it did until I forged the tin can, and with its special attack it now takes 300 RP total. The rest of the field is untilled because I want grass to grow for potions and such, and weeds are the backbone of my character's diet. By the way, I think it is funny how the watering can has a higher attack than a sword.

Just listen to pro. And like he came out and said, and i alluded to (don't wanna ruin EVERYTHING in the game for you), farming in the dungeons makes rune crystals or whatever they're called appear and they replenish your RP. I know you've unlocked the Green Ruins already, so using those first two plots of land to grow turnips (fastest growing crop) will help you with a source of free RP replenishment. Whatever you do though, Don't pick the turnips (unless you're willing to constantly replant them) or else the rune crystals will dissapear. Later on, when your RP is maxed and your weapons consume less and less energy, you can swap out those turnips for a crop that you can re-harvest over and over. Currently I have strawberries and Cucumbers growing in that first room.

Have you been to the floating island yet?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »
I only started farming dungeons because Bill told me to long ago.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 01, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »
I started doing it cuz I'm a man and I make my own decisions ;)

Also, it was just common sense. First floors are best for farming, everything else can just grow fodder to have a rune crystal farm and replenish when ya need to. Just wait till you're near the bottom of the Snow Ruins... wow.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 01, 2009, 05:00:52 PM »
I'm hoping my Super Saver shipping estimate is a dirty lie, and I get this game before the 9th. *fingerscrossed*
I thought the estimate was 5-9 days? Besides, don't you still need to finish Little King's Story?

farming in the dungeons makes rune crystals or whatever they're called appear and they replenish your RP. I know you've unlocked the Green Ruins already, so using those first two plots of land to grow turnips (fastest growing crop) will help you with a source of free RP replenishment.
I'm not really sure what those are but I guess I'll have to figure it out. Once crops reach the point when they can be harvested, do you still have to water them every day to keep them from rotting?

You mean Whale Island? I actually discovered that first but didn't go in because there was a scary green goblin or something (actually it is because I didn't have a sword). Right now I've just planted the Moondrop seeds up there so we'll see what happens.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2009, 05:40:35 PM »
I thought the estimate was 5-9 days? Besides, don't you still need to finish Little King's Story?

Super Saver Shipping IS 5-9 days, but that's business days, and doesn't count processing time. But yes, I do need to finish LKS... good call, maybe I'll get back to that tonight...
Twitter

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2009, 12:38:32 AM »
farming in the dungeons makes rune crystals or whatever they're called appear and they replenish your RP. I know you've unlocked the Green Ruins already, so using those first two plots of land to grow turnips (fastest growing crop) will help you with a source of free RP replenishment.
I'm not really sure what those are but I guess I'll have to figure it out. Once crops reach the point when they can be harvested, do you still have to water them every day to keep them from rotting?

You mean Whale Island? I actually discovered that first but didn't go in because there was a scary green goblin or something (actually it is because I didn't have a sword). Right now I've just planted the Moondrop seeds up there so we'll see what happens.

1. Runeys are the spirits that hover over the landscape in the overworld. They serve their purpose, albeit its a bit complicated. Eventually you'll recieve a "harvester" which you can use to move runeys around from area to area in order to make the land prosper. Prosperous lands make your crops grow faster. However, in the dungeons the Runeys collect into a big Rune Crystal once your crops are fully grown, which when touched will restore RP.

And no, once they're grown you can leave them be. However if its a fruit/veggie that can be reharvested over and over, once picked you DO have to water them. For instances, strawberries take X amount of days to grow, and you can harvest them every 2 days after.. as long as you water them again :P

2. Yes, Whale Island. You can probably defeat that lil green goblin with your watering can, believe it or not. Your "Farming" skill should be substantially higher than your weapons skill, so your attack with it will be pretty high. Good job on planting Moondrop seeds, those will be important later on... as long as you planted them in the right spot ;)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2009, 01:06:25 AM »
Yeah, I got the Harvester and created a balance of Runeys at my homestead like the book recommended. I think there are 29 of each there right now. Turnips still take four days so I guess there will need to be more before it has an effect. I planted the turnips in the Green Ruins as was suggested so I guess I'll see what happens.

Ha ha, I still think it is funny that the watering can has a higher attack than the sword. But at this time my weapons skill is higher than the farming skill so using the can now isn't better. Though it would still be funny to defeat enemies with a watering can.

That reminds me, I need to go back up there to water those flowers. The island wasn't there on the Holiday so I hope that didn't ruin them...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:08:44 AM by Mop_it_up »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2009, 01:46:46 AM »
Yeah, I got the Harvester and created a balance of Runeys at my homestead like the book recommended. I think there are 29 of each there right now. Turnips still take four days so I guess there will need to be more before it has an effect. I planted the turnips in the Green Ruins as was suggested so I guess I'll see what happens.

Ha ha, I still think it is funny that the watering can has a higher attack than the sword. But at this time my weapons skill is higher than the farming skill so using the can now isn't better. Though it would still be funny to defeat enemies with a watering can.

That reminds me, I need to go back up there to water those flowers. The island wasn't there on the Holiday so I hope that didn't ruin them...

your land is prosperous when you check the map in the observatory (or with Candy) and the areas are gold in color.

Don't worry about your crops. Eventually you'll be able to get to the island on holidays, but again, your crops won't be harmed in anyway by not watering them for a day or two.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #266 on: October 12, 2009, 01:08:23 PM »
It's been so long...

D=

I did some WiiFatting Plus over the weekend, but not much real gaming other than that for the past few weeks.

D=

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2009, 01:34:42 PM »
I've gone back to farming on a few occasions but i've been waiting to update this thread until i have something great to show for it..

*waiting*

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 12, 2009, 06:54:47 PM »
I've just moved into summer. The main character doesn't look so bad in swim trunks...

I've actually got a question about summer. Is there going to be a new ruins available soon? Because I have this feeling there's one for each season, but I've been searching all around everywhere and I haven't found anything or heard anything about another dungeon.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #269 on: October 12, 2009, 07:08:21 PM »
Only as soon as you defeat the boss of Green Ruins will you see a hint around town.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 12, 2009, 07:10:23 PM »
Only as soon as you defeat the boss of Green Ruins will you see a hint around town.

And even then you'll have to wait until a certain day in summer for something to appear (the hints Pro mentioned), then you must unlock them yourself by doing.. something!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 12, 2009, 07:11:29 PM »
I don't think I can do that yet. There are some rocks in the Green Ruins blocking some passageways which can't be broken with an iron hammer, and I haven't found the materials necessary to forge a better hammer. I don't know where to find them either but I guess I'll keep looking...

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 12, 2009, 07:15:19 PM »
I don't think I can do that yet. There are some rocks in the Green Ruins blocking some passageways which can't be broken with an iron hammer, and I haven't found the materials necessary to forge a better hammer. I don't know where to find them either but I guess I'll keep looking...

Those boulders don't keep you from reaching the boss in the green ruins though...

Heres a hint, sorta:

When you first enter the green ruins, and move beyond the first set of vines, go to your right. Did you notice how those steps go all the way down to the last floor but after the first floor, you can't open the rest of the doors from the inside? Well if you got that last door (on the bottom floor) unlocked, then you've probably made my mistake and overlooked something...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 12, 2009, 07:17:28 PM »
Yeah, I have unlocked all of those doors. I was kind of wondering if I were missing something in that place because I thought it was strange that I'd need a better hammer in order to "beat" it. I'll have a closer look the next time I visit the place.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 12, 2009, 07:52:01 PM »
This game came in the mail the other day! I'm looking forward to trying it, but want to finish Little King's Story first. Gotta beat that piece of crap Long Sauvage next. What a jerk, him and his animatronic beard.
Twitter